THE SC WORLD CHAMPION LADDER : Mars 2003

zappsweden

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rambo Hollywood Legend (Axis) lost to ZappSweden (Allied). We played this game over a period of 3-months! Zapp was right, he had my number called. This game was another Marathon.

I got off to a terrible start as Germany. Poland wouldn't surrender! Russian readiness jumped to 55% early in the game. I had to play like a little punk. Grabbed a limited number of minors, & had to attack more minors after the invasion of Russia.

ZappSweden played it cool, buying time. The game went on & on, until I surrendered since it was a slow death as my airforce got it's ass kicked. Then the Red Army played "lets beat your ass" every turn. I got treated to 8-armies of level-15 bitch-slapping my troops around. I didn't take major deaths, but the cost was wearing me down! British & American forces were able to grab Norway & Sweden with their air cover.

Technology was maxed. Everybody had jets, long-range, gun-radar, IT.

Anyhow, I lost in 1946!!!!!! (Surrendered in Fall '45) but would have lasted until 1946.

I'm on a cold-streak. I was on fire the last month.

What's weird is the way ZappSweden does well against me, & the guys that get victories over him......I just give them standard Rambo, & win.

sie0229sh-ledgends6elvis.jpg

Here's another Legend. I wonder if he played SC? Elvis bids Axis -135 smile.gif

[ March 30, 2003, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

codename condor collecting another defeat against terif, me as allies, bid 175.

ireland-portugal strategy to invest in tech, 5 chits in jets, 4 in long range, well, i think it was almost 1942 (maybe october 1941) and level 0 at jets. With that luck, that strategy and playing with terif u r dead. i soon realized i was. Even more when he even attacked my carriers with advanced tech and a swarm of planes. i capitulated as soon as he attack russia..in 1942!!

Originally posted by kenfedoroff:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Liam:

SC Ladder Problem:

...Generally they quit after one night or a bad opening...Funny thing is a lot of these player's continue the games they're ahead in.. Go figure huh...

Unfortunately, what Liam reports is a common occurence, but only among a few bad apples.

My advice: Save all your unfinished games. If these people ever come back for a game, just smile and tell them you don't care to start a new one since they appear unable to finish the old one. If they persist, spring the unfinished game on them.

Sincerely,

Ken </font>

Rambo (Allies) lost to Terif (Axis) --- I'm Terif's punching bag. I tried AGAIN, a weak Italian gambit. Just ain't working. Getting head-cracked in France.

I did wax alot of Germans: 1-air, 3-armies, 2-corps, & 1-tank. But soon as Paris falls, it's SeaLion time.

How many losses do I have to Terif now? I think 11!!!

Well, I'm one of the Top-5 players in the World, not even close to #1 Terif. Terif has figured out my pyscho play, gotta think of something?

Oh, well. Off to play golf, then watch NCAA hoops, then a steak dinner with the girl.

Hollywood.

Terif beats Liam with a 0 bid

A very awesome fella to watch in action. I did okay taking France in July and finally pushing him out of Egypt and Syria after Barbarossa he was just awesome in the air. I really got pounced

Armenianboy axis, beat gorski allied. The bid was something typical 100-150. Great game. Germans got lucky with jet and range tech, but never got any tank advances! Russians got lucky with inf and industrial tech. The other Allies started fielding 5/5 supercarriers late in the game, but it was my first time using supercarriers and I could have done better. Russia surrendered August? 1944 and I conceded soon after.

<S> Armenian

Gorski

destroyer (allies) defeats scrapking (axis)

This being my second ladder game was my second harsh lesson about dealing with the belgian gambit. Coupled with a failed maginot assault, being out-teched by the brits (even though i aggressively pursued both jets and long range aircraft), france was alive and kicking in feb 1942 when the soviets declared on me. My only victories came in Poland (on turn 4), Denmark (turn 5), Norway (turn 8), and Sweden (turn 12). My sin was sloth.

Destroyer is an honorable and skilled opponent who advised me of my errors and instructed me on methods to cope with the gambit in the future. Watch out future opponents, for my skills will improve faster than my loss columns!

iron ranger (allies) defeats scrapking (axis) bid was 150.

I had intended to continue this game, but after failing with a much better situation against destroyer, I realize that my situation here is beyond hope. It's still reasonably early, and I've inflicted some nice losses against him, but I don't have norway and sweden in my economy as I did with destroyer. By the way, again I have lost to the Belgian gambit.

Iron Ranger, I would appreciate any advice that you can offer in exchange for not wasting "our" time continuing this mess.