THE SC WORLD CHAMPION LADDER : Mars 2003

zappsweden

If anyone wants to play against a ladder player, he mails him, ok, but you only can obtain his e-mail address from his replies (I think) So, if you want zapp, you could include in the ranking the e-mails when you see our replies, It's only a suggest that can make easier to find an opponent.

[ March 09, 2003, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: Urko ]

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liam Concedes to Shaka

<bid unknown>

<Liam Axis> <Shaka Allies>

we haven't had a chance to continue this game or I haven't been in forum. Good game, the Germans won in Sweden but overall the War was going in the rears for the Germans. I don't think I got 1 tech in 3 years... Not 1

spent 5 full on jets

Rambo (Axis -100) lost to Codename Condor.

AAR:

Standard type game. Axis took Poland & Denmark on turn #2. Axis got LC#3. British took Ireland#3 France fell in June '40. He got Jets+1, Long-Range+1 very early as the Brits. Wow, I wish I could get that lucky as the Brits that early.

Since it was getting late (& didn't feel like another 18-hour saved game to play), I tried a suicide SeaLion against "The Carrier Stronghold". Didn't stand a chance, he was ready for it. I knew it & he knew it.

That's 2-games now SeaLion hasn't been worth a damn vs. Long-Range-Carriers. Oh, how SeaLion use to be so easy for the Legend in the old days.

How I've tried to beat the Carriers:

Plan A: Build nothing but Jets & put them in France. Fails

Plan B: SeaLion. Fails

Plan C: If you can't beat them, join them. I've been playing the Allies & doing the same thing. Won't bid Axis anymore.

Plan D: I will have to think on this one. But I have something I want to playtest.

Rambo

[ March 09, 2003, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Rambo (Axis) lost to IrishGuards (Allies). Can't remember the bid.

1) Took me to March '41 to take France

2) Took out UK in June '41! Those damn carriers went to the bottom.

3) But I had the pleasure of the Red Army swarming me.

One dumb move cost me. I moved my air off the Russian front to bang on the Americans. Not good. Russians owned the skies & pushed into the Fatherland.

[ March 10, 2003, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Irish Guard defeats ArmenianBoy : bid 150

Uk loses FG early, Sea Lion came when Uk fleet out of postion in Med.

Italians came in war ealry cause factors of troops moving, unknown to me at the time.

Spain joins Axis while Uk sending troops home, another unknown factor at the time.

Conclusion: Irish is more experience player, but having some of these factors for neutral war entries documented would be a big help to newer players. Otherwise, unless I test every scenario out, just hard to compete with people that have logged 50+ games already. Hard to plan a strategy with all these unknowns.

* Irish played a solid game from start to finish.

[ March 13, 2003, 01:13 AM: Message edited by: ArmenianBoy ]

Cro_Panzer you do not recall the game we played that you quit out of and never finished before the last ladder game we played? It's still sitting on the Bulletin Board... I let you take a win on me, I reported it...Though you ummm, never reported that, never finished that, and don't remeber?

It's okay, I'm getting use to this this is the 3rd time someone has forgotton to post for me...

So I am probably the lowest rated player of them all by now. It's kewl I'll continue to do what other people don't. take the hit

ArmenianBoy

... but having some of these factors for neutral war entries documented would be a big help to newer players. Otherwise, unless I test every scenario out, just hard to compete with people that have logged 50+ games already. Hard to plan a strategy with all these unknowns.

You are correct. But do understand that those people who have learned those techniques learned them the hard way, just like you. And for some of them, it was even worse in the beginning, since only by trial and error did some of these strategies get figured out.