"MasterReichKiller" AAR Aesop verses Curry

Curry

Aesop - Allies as the "MasterReichKiler"

Curry - Axis as the "Defender of the Reich"

Hopefully we are starting out a game where Aesop can test his "MasterReichKiller" strategy out against a human and not just the AI. I'm an intermediate player so I'm a good person to test it out on. I will be Axis and Aseop will be the "MasterReichKiller" as the Allies. The bid is 150 in the 1/5/20 bidding style. I usually dont give that many points away because I'm not that good so I will be pressed. Hope it will be fun.

Here is Aesop's "MasterReichKiller" strategy, lets see if he uses it here.

""""""""""""I have already boasted about this in the past but it is been awhile since I played SC again.

I admit that I had to use gamey tactics to win. Transfering a lot of French forces to UK territory, disbanding their naval units to get their MMPs, siting tight with the UK and doing max research on fighter tech. Keep your fighters out of reach of the luftwaffe. Also put some money into industrial tech. Don't go buying yet until later.

When Germany invades the USSR, haul your forces to form a defensive front along Moscow, to Stalingrad and Rostov. Put your research pts into your anti-tank techs. Hide your aircraft as they are no match for the luftwaffe ( you might even want to disband them to get your generals ).

Last line of defense would be the ural mountains as they offer excellent terrain for defense. Your center will usuall by broken and concede into halving your army defending behind the urals and the stalingrad rostov river line. Don'twaste time going after Finland. It's not worth the MMPs and time.

Put your armor in reserve for counterattacks against weakened enemy units.

When the US comes on board, put every research money into anti-tank as you need strong infantry to make d-day successful. Don't ship your units to UK as you have the double expense of transporting them again for the invasion.

When your fighters as the UK reach three level and your US infantry tech reaches three, get ready to invade. By now, the UK would have about 5000 MMPs. Just pour it all on two generals and 10 air fleets and you are ready to rock.

The USSR at this point is defending either at the urals or barely holding on to moscow-rostov defensive line.

At this point your sea invasion will cut through France and Germany like a butter knife."""""""(end quote)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn 1

Germany declares itself the defender of all of pure Europe. Hitler is shot and replaced with a new progressive government aided and lead by the wonder Smurfs. Now the Reich must expand itself to defend Europe from the Capitolistic ideas that deny Europeans of their rights and Communism which is only the new dictatorship of Comrade Stalin. Instead Germany with her allies in Europe intend to set up the SMURF-REICH where our new friends the Smurfs will lead us into a time of peace and harmony.

smurfs.jpg

But first we must liberate all of Europe. As the new German armies march into Poland the troops are heard marching and chanting in unison,

"We are marching for the smurfs

Let's smurf,

We are dying for the smurfs

Let's smurf

We are uniting the world for the smurfs

Let's smurf"

As they chanted and marched the Germans split their forces. They sent some to the dutch boarder as they heard the cry of the dutch and Belgium people who have changed their cry from give us freedom to give us smurfdom. Thousands of Dutch and Beligum's lined the boarder with Germany and were seen crying out - "We want to smurf too". Some young Beligum man by the name of Kurt was seen leading the thousands of people in chanting, "we want the smurfs too, let us smurf too:. They are crying out for smurfdom and the German nation has heard your cry.

We used the other half of our forces to liberate the Poles and bring Poland into the Greater Smurfdom Empire of the 'SMURFREICH". The Poles greated us with chants of, "Poland is for the smurfs." But some of those that are mislead and hate the smurfs continue to fight and they make a stand in Warsaw. But Warsaw shall become a place of safty, peace and harmony for all smurf loving people. Even if we have to burn the place down and start over.

Our sub's attacked the English shipping in the North Atlantic. Smurfs were seen guiding our U-boats and playing with their rubber duckies at the same time.

We have also begun to liberate Denmark and bring the Danish dairy industry into the SMURFREICH by attacking Copenhagen with our Navy. Danish milk will become part of the greater smurfreich.

With the Smurfs on our side we shall prevail

LETS SMURF!!!!! :D

[ May 27, 2004, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Curry ]

Germany declared war on Poland and Denmark. The head papa smurf was seen heading XIX panzer smoking a blue "doobie". Lodz Army was destroyed and the front defneders Poznan Army and Pozern Corps were bypassed and isolated from Warsaw by a solid front of German formations. The PAF was attacked by infantry driving it to 60 % strength. The Warsaw garrison was assaulted early on reducing their strength by 50%. Mysteriously, the vaunted luftwaffe was conspicously missing from action -hmmmmmm.

Because of pre-war preparations, UK MPP was at an elevated level and a forward defense of France is planned.

Chamberlain was shot for cavorting with Papa Smurf and Winston Churgargamelchill vowed to halt the German war machine early on.

A massive hunt for Germany's sub fleet has been undertaken.

Troops were redeployed.

Papa Smurfffff!!!! I am coming to get you!

HARDCORE SMURFS ATTACK AND CONQUER! smurfs.jpg

The Germans, lead by a few hardcorp smurfs divide their forces and conquer two nations so all Europe might come under the peaceful umbrella of the leadership of Papa Smurf. (Who by the way before the war was rumored to be living in seclusion in the USA state of New Jersey and going by the nickanme of JJ and pretending to be a writer).

On the Polish front Warsaw is attacked and liberated. One armor and several armies are enough to take Warsaw. The Poles no longer want to fight and all of Warsaw is painted "smurf-blue" and the Poles surrender on turn two.

On the western front the cry of the Dutch and Belgiums to "Let's Smurf" has been answered. An attack by an army, then three luftwaffe and an armor unit finishs off the defenders and the low countries are liberated. The British try to help and intercept the luftwaffe twice, including the air unit that the British bring up from Malta. But no French air is seen.

The German navy pings away still at "wonderful, wonderful, copenhagen..." and the subs continue to hide away.

Will the Masterreich Killer Defense work now? We will see. The Germans have suddenly become confident with Papa Smurf leading the way!

[ May 27, 2004, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Curry ]

OK here we go...

The smurfies have taken Poland and DOW on Low Countries and took out Amsterdam by combined air and land assaults. The smurfies do not want France or the UK to be able to muster forces in France and that explains the early blow.

Two RAF airfleets try to provide air cover for Amsterdam, to of no avail. (Hmmmm- that's where the missing airfleets went).

We are still combing the Atlantic for those two pesky subs!

A British corps land nearby the French coast to protect the French exposed north front. Germany garnered more than 800 Mpps from his plunder and income. Papa smurf was seen on a street corner near the Reichstag trying to score some "blue crack".

A French HQ was hastily assembled to bolster the frontier defenses.

Smurfette was seen traveling with the smurf 4th Army to bolster troop morale.

Churgargamelchill envies the 4th army and wishes he could swap boots with them for two mintues.

PRO SMURFITE SENTIMENT IS CATCHING ON AROUND THE WORLD, HERE IS A COUPLE IN NEW JERSEY SHOWING THEIR SOLIDARITY TOWARD THE SMURFS

smurfs.jpg

The Axis lead by key smurfs have the allies so befuddled that they are now making claims to the Geneva convention of Smurfs in the air? Its all part of Papa smurfs strategy of confusing the enemy.

No, we only HAD three luftwaffe.....

The Germans attack the first blood hex with two armies and that powerful luftwaffe. The French army which was pinged last time by a corps so it couldnt build up any entrenchment is destroyed. Rushing through the hole in the allies line is two corps. As Gormer Pile would say, "surprise, surprise!" as the first corp unexpectedly hits a French HQ just behind the ally line. Papa Smurf is stunned, this wasnt written in the "MasterReichKiller's" plan. HMMMM.... The two corps most likely will suffer a counter attack but we wanted to cause the allies real problems early on before a defense can get set up. With the Poles surrendering on turn two the rest of the German armies are brought over from the eastern front to continue the attack.

Denmark is just pinged with our navy again.

Our Subs continue to put the smurf moves on and hide from the allies.

The smurfs broke down the northern defenses. Churgargamelchill adopted a different strategy at this time to hold the front against the smurfies.

The smur subs were located in the north and it is a matter of time before they are sunk.

The whole northern strategy seems to be falling apart due to the rapid smurfy advance.

[ May 28, 2004, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: aesopo123 ]

Too much work to do, only the facts this time.

The allies didnt pull back nor attack the German corps that broke through. So we have expanded the hole in the line by attacking the French army in the French Arden from several sides and destroyed it. Then armor rushed through and the entire German line advanced killing off a British corps in the process.

Denmark is also pinged and attacked with luftwaffe and copenhagen becomes blue for the smurfs!

One corp that broke through has advanced to Paris and pinged it to bring Italy into the war. Italy warreadiness was already at 94 and that should bring Italy into the Pro-Smurf alliance of nations. Behind that corps is an entire line of Germans that have broken through while the French armies sit in the maginot line.

The only bad news is our subs are down to 1 and 2 strength and will be history next turn.

I dont think the master-reich killer was ready for the low countries to fall so quickly and for the attack on France to begin so quickly. The AI doesnt do that I think. I also saw Monty in London so there must have been MPP points saved up to buy Monty as the great hope of the UK.

Interesting to see what the allies do now.

Stalin is licking his chops ready to pick up the pieces.

A smurf army was destroyed to the north with combined air and naval power while a wandering smurf corps was stopped cold in front of Paris.

The smurf sub fleet was dispatched and other naval forces are redeploying to the English channel. France is not going quietly into the night (that's a surprise to Papa Smurf).

Italy joined the war as expected but a French Corps was deployed to the south as a blocking force.

Handy smurf was observed to be creating a new smurf secret tank that runs sideways and in circles as a surprise weapon.

Papa smurf starts to sweat as he is starting to encounter stiff allied resistance.

I admittedly retooled my master strategy of retreat as the smurfy early advance can be checked by naval-air power and concentrated counterattacks. The redeployment of resources proved correct in hindsight. Will France hold? Will Papa Smurf finally be caught by Churgargamel? Will handy Smurf develop his tank? Will Smurfette ever get tired in entertaining? Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of axis and allies in toonland!!!

PARIS FALLS TO THE SMURFS

NEWS BULLETIN: The British cannot hold Paris and France Falls to the Smurfs. Smurfs come into Paris and paint the entire city blue. Here we have the best French chefs preparing a meal for the wonderful smurfs as they come into the city as hero's. The French have laid down their arms and painted the city blue in honor of the smurfs who are bringing peace and harmony accross Europe. Papa Smurf said in a speach, yesterday Warsaw and Copenhagen, today Paris, tomorrow.... (then the microphone went dead)

halloween2002-pic3.jpg

This turn didnt start off good. The French and British counter attack and destroy a weakened corp and an army that was at 8 strength. I made the mistake of putting that army out on the elbow hex. Mistake and it cost me. But the allies made a serious mistake too that cost them much more dearly. The allies forgot to reinforce the British corps that was defending Paris. My Corps that was destroyed pinged Paris last move to bring Italy into the war. It also had the bonus effect of keeping the entrenchment down to 0 and British corps in Paris strength at 8. So this move the allies did not replace the corps or reinforce it. The Axis then attacked it with an army, then tried to swing an armor unit around it to attack from the rear but was surprised to find the Canadian army blocking them. But the axis had three more good Luftwaffe with HQ support to attack Paris and destroyed the army. Then a corps moves in to take the city and Paris falls. I learned very early on that France is not about France but it is all about Paris. Paris is painted smurf blue.

Hopefully this link will work and show a pic of the map area of Paris

http://img51.photobucket.com/albums/v157/currycook/?action=view&current=fallfrance.jpg

[ May 28, 2004, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Curry ]

We have lost Paris but took out the smurf panzer corps led by handy smurfy.

The clouds are getting darker for Britain and the allies had wasted 1000 mpps trying to hold France. What can I say?

Churgargamelchill (or whatever his name is) vowed to continue on fighting.

The Battle of Britain starts.

Will Papa smurf launch sealion? Does he have time to plunder Europe?

Roosevelt is itching to get involved with the fight and quietly orders key industries to mobilize for war that increases war supplies and production. Stalin orders war footing mobilization investment of the economy that would lead to a massive mpp war materiel surplus.

Now it's purely a defensive war for Britain and I have to pray for the US and USSR entry to tip the balance.

I shall overcome. :eek:

Never retreat, never surrender!

Yes, the axis had to lose an armor unit that was on the coast. The price I had to pay to take Paris early.

This move is just reordering orders for the troops.

Where will Papa Smurf send his Axis units is the question ... .. .