TOURNEY: SC Summer Heat Tourney

zappsweden

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I give up SC for awhile and all of a sudden it comes back to life. I'm leaving on a two week trip to Greece for my summer vacation. Yes, Rambo, this American is taking a vacation in Europe this summer. Kids are with the mother in law and me and my wonderful wife off for two weeks in Greece. Oh happy days.

But the sad news I will miss the new great SC Tourney. So I have to have my two cents with the Curry-Odds, better than vegas here they are on this hot new tourney.

1. Terif. He wont play. He is in another league. Yoda is in exile. As in the movie, Yoda says, "Exile I must go".

2. Rambo. At times Rambo is the next best thing to Terif and is the old Legend. At other times its not Rambo but Cry-O for all the whinning he does when he loses. Which Rambo will show up, my guess is its usually the Legend for the big games. The founder of the Rome gambit, the axis carrier gambit, and now RAI has to be ranked high. Odds to win it all: 4:1

3. The Zappster! The Sweeds show the largest showing in the tourney with Zapp, Kuni and Rannug. Zapp is a well known quality player, Zapp is older than Ceaser himself in SC time line and is an ancient player from the beginnings of SC. He has refound his game and refound his old Air straegy. The Air King will make another good showing but go all the way???, odds say only 4:1

3. Dragonheart. The pride of Austria and the best Terif clone there is. When DH is on top of his game he rates higher than Zapp or Rambo, but he has been taking care of the kid in SC competition retirement and out of heavy SC competition. He changed his name to Koningburg but he is the same old Dragonheart that will appear and will show a top game. Odds 4:1

4. Kuni. Yes, it's "A-Kuni-mentata" (from the Lion King) which means "No SC worries in Sweedish". He is back from his SC Tour of Russian War sites. He has not been playing much but in the past has shown himself to be a top notch player. Can he come back? Can he re-live his past glory when he was the last king of the Z-league? Or will he or will he just say, "its all gay!". Odds 10:1

5. Avatar - which means lucky dice rolls in any language. The only player to defeat Terif as Axis. A big unknown. In the tourney you can't just quit and start over. So the odds are against but he still has a chance with his lucky dice. Odds 10:1

6. Hellraiser. Not the old guard but one who has shown the strength of his game. Has the ability to play wit big boys, but in a tourney? Doubt it, odds 25:1

7. Runnug. A unknown factor. Has played many games but mostly all by email. Has beat up many in the SC PBEM league but can he play with the big SC Addicts? Unknown but should do Sweden proud. Odds 25:1

8. Lucy beaver - you have to be kidding me. Who is this Les in Drag? Odds 2000:1

9. Dalmatian. Fine player. But can he play with the big boys in a big time tourney. Doubt it, sorry Dalmatian I hope you prove me wrong. Odds 50:1

10. Comrade Trapp. Trapped into this to prove his game. What will it show? Dont know but the odds dont look good. Good heart but unknown game with the big boys. Odds 50:1

11. Jersey John. You say he didnt even enter. Shame, his odds of winning would have been 1,000,000 to 1 but he would have given the best AAR. Jersey's best is in writting, his AAR's are the best of the best and should be in any top tourney.

12. Curry - I'm going to Greece so I have an excuse not to play. You all would squash me like a bug.

Hope the best man wins and have fun, I will be in Greece tomorrow.!

[ June 02, 2005, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Curry ]

Ok, I have now came up with a group and schedule system.

We are 10 players now, I will have 2 empty seats that anyone can join. MAX 12 players that is.

It will be 2 groups with 5-6 players in each group. Every player should play every other player in the group.

The first 2 players will qualify for the semi-finals.

In the semi-finals, Winner of one group faces the runner-up in the other group.

The dice will roll soon...