"Heil "Battle Front!

waltero

Are you Banning the Name Rambo from the forum as well as JJR?

Why is it you are locking up any further discussion of Rambo?

He is a worthy Adversary!

The only real reason I played SC was to beat that rat Bastage!

we had some great times (me and him)!

Good by Rambo, you will be missed by all :(

This Topic is Closed!!!

Of course we all miss him.

And of course there were valid reasons for giving him the boot, Clarence Darrow himself couldn't defend Brother Rambo on that score.

I'd just like to ask Matt and Martin and company to make it a suspension rather than a banning.

He really is good for SC and, under all the nonsense, a great guy and, of course, a Legend!

Thanks Waltero for saying what you did >>>>> Out!

Im definately the wrong person to talk about giving people a second chance. And I will not post anymore as I think Madmatt may become annoyed with me.

But.

Rambo IS the heart and soul of the strategic command board. I cant even imagine the board without him. He done more than anyone else for this game through the years.

Bring him back, not because you like him or not but because we can't afford to lose him.

I personally disagree with Rambo's banning. I've seen some pretty harsh things said about Rambo on the General Forum, which have gone unpunished by Battlefront's moderators.

Having said that, Rambo did bring some of this on himself. Not saying he deserved this, he didn't, just saying he wasn't 100% innocent either.

All I ask is that this is only a temporary suspension and not a permanent ban.

Me and Rambo were the founding fathers of competetive SC. Our first duel with the first known AAR (December 2002) introduced competetive SC and you all know the rest.

I have read very little in the general forum but of all the stuff solely in SC forum I see no postings even NEAR a banning. A sad day. SC will never be the same. :(:(:(

Dammit. Does this sound like a funeral? I mean, I still have the dude on ICQ. He is still out there. RAMBO IS ALIVE! :D:D:D

yeah, locking up threads is a nice attempt to silence ppl as it is clear the vast majority of SC board posters doesn't support BF's decision to ban JJR.

I am from Romania and i 'enjoyed' the pleasures of censorship and interdictions of expressing freely your opinon during the communist era ... this JJR ban issue resembles that a lot. Ban posters that are not in-line with ... I mean, gimme a f*cking break! Are you ppl so stick - in -the - mud ? Rambo is an Icon here whether you want it or not ... but probably you ppl would be better off having disciplined and insipid posters posting after getting your approval for the content first.

'It is our board and we do what we please with it' - you sound like a 9 year old child telling his lil' friend to take off his hands from his new toy-train - 'because it is mine and i say so' - grow up FFS!!!

You'll probably ban me as well - I could care less, really. You'll just confirm my ideas here.

Props to mr. HC for giving us a very nice game; as for the people who banned Rambo - go live in Uganda or somewhere you talk by waving hands - ban that ...

Hmm lets see I was the "heart and soul" of the Matrix Games Steel Panthers community for years, but if you piss off enough people it counts for squat.

I created the Matrix Heroes sub forum, but that was not enough to protect me from "nasties" and my need to respond to them and basically if you piss off enough people your past deeds count for squat.

I helped create Mega Campaign Screaming Eagles for Steel Panthers and I have been giving glowing praise from no less than Wild Bill Wilder himself, but if you piss off enough people, it all counts for squat.

Rambo is gone because he pissed off enough people, and nothing he has done in the past for SC is worth squat if he tries hard enough.

If he is allowed back, all that it will do, is make me lose all respect for Madmatt.

Not that he needs my respect.

Rambo was a stupid loud offensive fool just as much as he was anything else.

And being a legend didn't do me squat, and clearly it wasn't worth squat to him.

And Christ doesn't suffer idiots.

Originally posted by it's Les:

Hmm lets see I was the "heart and soul" of the Matrix Games Steel Panthers community for years, but if you piss off enough people it counts for squat.

I created the Matrix Heroes sub forum, but that was not enough to protect me from "nasties" and my need to respond to them and basically if you piss off enough people your past deeds count for squat.

I helped create Mega Campaign Screaming Eagles for Steel Panthers and I have been giving glowing praise from no less than Wild Bill Wilder himself, but if you piss off enough people, it all counts for squat.

Rambo is gone because he pissed off enough people, and nothing he has done in the past for SC is worth squat if he tries hard enough.

If he is allowed back, all that it will do, is make me lose all respect for Madmatt.

Rambo was a stupid loud offensive fool just as much as he was anything else.

And being a legend didn't do me squat, and clearly it wasn't worth squat to him.

And Christ doesn't suffer idiots.

:rolleyes:

Well you pissed of probably all of us and wether you created a matrix hero sub forum "means squat to us" so I guess you're next to be banned eh?

And you know what; If you are allowed to continue complaining and flaming people like this it will make ME lose all respect for Madmatt.

Well while we are on the subject, I can't even begin to count all the people that might enjoy seeing you on the outside looking in Kuni.

But your opinion of me notwithstanding, it doesn't alter the fact, that Rambo got what he deserved.

And maybe others will get what they deserve too.

I emailed Madmatt and congradulated him on his decision, and told him he could boot me too the second I warranted it.

If it makes things seem "slow" at BF, so be it.

I have had more than enough moronic behaviour on more than enough wargaming forums.

I am sure that is not an isolated view.

Well while we are on the subject, I can't even begin to count all the people that might enjoy seeing you on the outside looking in Kuni.

Well Les you know what. At least when I was banned there were a lot of people, and I do mean a lot that posted in favor of bringing me back. So at least to those many I was a positive influence.

It's about supporting SC. And the community. Try your attitude in the ww2 trenches and the whole platoon would be annihilated immediately.

You contributed nothing to SC whatsoever. You tell people you won't post in the sc 2 forum because the game is delayed and you want people to kick out Rambo without given him a second chance.

Well Les, question is;

How many people will stick up for you if you get banned? You just lost my support, that's for sure.

Originally posted by zappsweden:

Well Les, how brave of you to speak smack about someone who cannot even reply. :rolleyes:

Or the even greater bravery of sending Matt a letter congratulating him! Wow! If that doesn't warrent a medal what does?

There are always a certain number of people like the ones in those photos of Third World countries torn apart by war, who stand grinning and overjoyed at the sight of an enemy's corpse being dragged around, spat upon and mutilated.

And we've obviously got a few of them at Battlefront. I never saw Brother Rambo -- and I call him that seriously and with affection and pride -- doing that sort of thing with others. I never saw him rejoicing that anyone else had been banned and when it happened to Kuniworth he was the leading member in urging his reinstatement.

As for the boring, non-contributory voices of intolerance and status-quo, those who line-up on the side of the administrators, a stance that requires no guts, while thinking themselves warriors though they never went to war nor even served in the military -- I can only say, well, why waste time and effort saying it. People like that can't help but to say it themselves. Which is more than a little sad.

You are so correct JerseyJohn. I have experienced the same sometimes on forums. Some people badly wants someone to be the bad guy (and apperently are satisfied whenever they see a chance to make it happen) and do it to saturate some kind of bloodthirst for hunting/shooting animals. Such ppl are the real bad guys.

Zapp,

Many thanks and I have to say I liked your statement in one of the locked threads, about this not being a funeral and that our friend JJRambo isn't dead. :D

In the General Forum his supposed enemies keep mentioning him in playful references -- remarkably few are dancing around and celebrating his banning. What is there to celebrate about?

He's alive and well and enjoying himself and it's great that we aren't the only two who'd like to see him reinstated -- not by a longshot!

And with a little luck, we'll see him back before much longer.

I'm writing my own e-mail to both Matthew and Martin asking them to do so. I hope all of Rambo's friends will follow suite; it seems a forced move now that we know at least one alleged member of this community has been writing love letters to praise his banning / hopefully turned suspension.

One thing I'm sure of, our supportive e-mails asking (not demanding, but asking) for Rambo's reinstatement, will help a lot.

Well,

Go away on vacation for awhile and all sorts of things happen. I wish to make a few of my own observations on the matter of Rambo being banned and from this thread and the others on the same subject. They are just my observations but I wish to make them as a member of this community of the SC battlefront forum.

1. I am sorry to see Rambo has been banned.

2. I am not surprised. I think battlefront had sufficient reason to ban him. Many of his posts offended me and many others I am sure. They were as younger people say today, "over the top". However, I do hope they (Battlefront) gave him some warning first. (I would guess they did)

3. I wish that battlefront could ban someone from just one forum. In my humble view battlefront was very justified to ban Rambo from the general forum. However, I dont believe Rambo needed to be banned from the SC forum where he did contribute to the game of SC. On the SC forum Rambo was understood for who he was. My case in point would be Kuni and Rambo. I think Kuni and Rambo would be on the far end of almost any political issue and have had more than their share of differences but it was Kuni who has come first to Rambo's defense. That says a lot to me. (Now lets all hold hands and sing kumbaya)

4. I hope that what was posted by Kuni from Rambo was not all that Madmatt wrote to Rambo announcing to him that he is banned. Here is what was posted that he wrote to Rambo.

"Goodnight Rambo! Since you failed to offer anything to this topic other than stupid retorts and moronic insults at people that were trying to help, I think I will spead a little holiday cheer upside your head. You are banned, for now and for all time.

Rejoice in you that is banned, Rejoice I say again... "

If Madmatt and Battlefront wishes to be taken seriously as a mature organization and a mature bulletin board then when it bans someone it certainly needs to do it in a mature way. If this is the ONLY response of Madmatt to Rambo informing him of his banning then it is in the same tone of Rambo's posts and in the same tone of what he is banning Rambo for. It seems very immature to me of Madmatt. I am a successful buisness person, 48 years old, working with human resources. I would never deal with anyone in this tone especially if I am dealing with a serious issue and want to be taken seriously myself. Madmatt I hope that you did better than this or Battlefront should ban you as an administrator in my humble view. No disrespect is intended and I do speak from what I do not really know which is dangerous. If I am wrong I give you my apology in advance.

5. Les. I have observed you since I have been on this forum. Les - it's always been about Les. Here even when discussing the banning of someone else its all about Les. It's always about Les. Enough said.

6. I hope that Battlefront will allow Rambo back someday if Rambo will change his ways.

7. Rambo. I like you and have learned about SC from your posts on SC. However, please know I also feel many of your posts are disrespectful to many other people. You dont seem to care. You need to grow up and mature and show respect even for those that do not agree with you.

Thanks for listening. No more from me on this subject.

Originally posted by JerseyJohn:

I never saw Brother Rambo -- and I call him that seriously and with affection and pride -- doing that sort of thing with others.

Well maybe then he will have learned his lesson, and will stay in the SC playpen if he's given a second chance and leave his crusades the hell out of the General Forum. The SC community can keep its trash here, in your own community.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JerseyJohn:

I never saw Brother Rambo -- and I call him that seriously and with affection and pride -- doing that sort of thing with others.

Well maybe then he will have learned his lesson, and will stay in the SC playpen if he's given a second chance and leave his crusades the hell out of the General Forum. The SC community can keep its trash here, in your own community. </font>

After all, let's not mix different forms of trash.

Michael, where do you get off calling him or anyone else trash?

You get more than a little over the top yourself.

Despite your good points, which I happen to like, but you aren't the person to point a finger at others in this place. Pease accept that in the way it's offered.

Sure we'd go along with Rambo not going to GF and sure we'd like to see you stay out of SC -- you don't contribute anything other than ill-feelings and we neither want nor need them.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JerseyJohn:

Well maybe then he will have learned his lesson, and will stay in the SC playpen if he's given a second chance and leave his crusades the hell out of the General Forum. The SC community can keep its trash here, in your own community. </font>

Greetings to all again, sad to leave lurk-mode to post about the banning of Rambo, I read the full about thread for which he was banned and it make me laugh; he only made some fun (at least for him)about some people ,clearly not enough for a permanent ban, obviously he probly had gained the ban for other posts but not the ones on that thread.

We just had to remember the crazy thread about Reagan´s death, to find enoughs posts to ban half SC posters (myself the first) but our moderator (probly Moon) (thanks to the Lord of Rambo) understood that we were only having fun.

Sadly this Madmatt have some issues with him and got the bigger stick.

Sorry for the typos or wrong english.

I hope to see Rambo here again even if he don´t play with me cause he thought I´m as gay as Kuni (just joking I got no time to play TCP/IP)