JUNTA v0.9

Hi all

This is my pet battle based on the unserious boardgame JUNTA by West End Games.

I would like somebody to test it in two player mode. It is quite large but should be funny to play, as it contain an ahistorical mix of units.

For those that don't know the boardgame it is about a military coup in a Latin American Republic.

'Viva la revouletione' JUNTA

(If the link doesn't work you can drop me an email)

Anders Skov

There are several ancillary tools that allow some boardgames to be played on-line or by e-mail. And since the success of card-driven stategy games

(e.g. Hannibal, Successors, Paths of Glory) there are even programs that can handle the cards. I wonder if there is something like this for Junta. I'm not interested in a CM-to-Junta conversion, but having spent a certain amount of time in a real-life Republica de los Bananas, I really appreciate that old gem and would love to play it again someday. It's a bit dated since it doesn't include the debt crisis, the Paris Club, Brady bonds, la bicicleta, and drug smuggling, but the game is meant to be played in the 1960's, when golpas were still in fashion and civilized forms of capital flight had yet to become commonplace.

Of course, the best way to play it is around a big table with a lot of unruly people, cerveza, and perhaps something a little stronger. iViva la Revolucion!

[ December 14, 2005, 06:40 AM: Message edited by: Philippe ]