New Scenario - Peiper's Bridge at Kharkov

Just uploaded new operation over at The Proving Grounds. Peiper's Bridge at Kharkov is the latest offering from Charlie and myself in the Blowtorch Battalion series.

In this operation the Blowtorch Battalion must fight through Kharkov to link up with Panzermeyer’s Kampfgruppe surrounded at the cemetery near the crucial Volchansk – Chuguyev crossroads.

Map size: 4000m x 2080m

Total points combined: 30 000

The map in this is a beauty and took Charlie ages to do. The map is based on historical versions Ukraine Maps and on pp. 22-3 of “After the Battle” 112 and, since much of Kharkov survived intact, on current maps found at Kharkov map and in printed form from Ukraine. We shortened the terrain by about 1/3 to fit the CMBB map. We made every effort to be as accurate as possible within the game’s limits to depict Kharkov, even using photos of city landmarks and streets where available.

Just a wee word of warning it is a big operation. Those with steam powered PCs might suffer some angst attempting to get this babay to go ;)

Cheers fur noo

George Mc and Charlie Meconis

Originally posted by JC_Hare:

30 000 points! :eek: I am having trouble just panning around!

I have to admit your map of Kharkov is very impressive.

Aye it is massive - you can limit the view size and switch of the smoke that should make it a bit faster to move around. The map is all Charlie's doing, and it is a beauty smile.gif

Cheers fur noo

George

thanks for the nice scenario... it is really BIG! smile.gif

and the map is definitely beautiful...

will probably need a week or more to get into it. i would be interested how well other computers are coping with the scenario. it tends to get a little bit sluggish on my 1.6 centrino thingie...

anyway...thanks again!!! smile.gif

Originally posted by r000:

thanks for the nice scenario... it is really BIG! smile.gif

and the map is definitely beautiful...

will probably need a week or more to get into it. i would be interested how well other computers are coping with the scenario. it tends to get a little bit sluggish on my 1.6 centrino thingie...

smile.gif

My 1.1 has a hard time even moving around the map. There is no way I can play this monster until I upgrade next year. Looking forward to fighting it out then though.

Hi Guys

Yeah it is a biggie smile.gif The action also is very immersive but mentally draining. I found I could only do a few turns at a time, as the mental effort needed to keep on top of all thr fighting was immense. Still it's dynamic street fighting so what do you expect...

It won't go away - so when you've all upgraded... ;)

Cheers fur noo

George