english colonies

DennisBoz

I have a game where England has fallen, but it still controlled Canada, Vichy N.Africa and Iraq when it surrendered.

Naturally a Free French unit protecting Algiers surrendered though Vichy did not!

The US and Russia are now in the fight, but the MPP for the English conquests/colonies is going to the English bank account where i can't spend it.

Any way i can get my hands on it? I've got Russian units in Egypt and i think i'm getting those MPP.

You'll need to Liberate the UK before having those MPPs; till then they'll just accumulate.

I'm not sure whether you can get them by just retaking Manchester, or if you've got to retake London.

-- Once you've liberated either the UK or France, you can start building their units again -- except for HQs that have already been destroyed.

Well, unless Norway is an Axis country(very unlikely), if Russian troops secure Norway it is considered "liberated" and not "captured" and Allied minors give their MPPs to Britain. There is no way for Russia to use those points.

If you want Russia to get MPPs from Norway you will have to take all assets except Oslo, thus making Norway "occupied by Allies" and not "liberated".

Last word from Hubert is that there won't be any more patches to SC1. I can't fault him on this as the game is vastly improved in V1.07 from what it was in V1.01, which is what I have on the purchased disc.

Naturally, some of us still like the original game and play it sometimes, so another patch would be appreciated. Oh, wait a minute, this is 2005, forgot, yeah, I stopped asking for that one in 2004. :Dsmile.gif

From what I've been reading in the new forum, all of the glitches and shortcomings of the original game are being fixed in the new version. And, there's the bonus of having a campaign editor that sounds like a wargame creation kit.

Regarding SC1, the word is that Hubert can't change it any further due to the limitations of the format that was used. I'm sure that's the case, he's a very fair and level guy. smile.gif