Proposed ideas for TSD 2 (aka TSD Ausf. B)

GJK

Here's a quick list that I just put together:

<h3>TSD II proposed functionality</h3>

Individual accounts

• Transfer of accounts from TPG to TSD for existing members (new members will need to sign up at both once the site is launched unless I can figure out a way to share that information across domains)

• Option to remain obscure - decide if you wish to receive email notifications from others (or not)

• Possibly add a "seeking opponent" feature

• Optional "remember me" that stores cookie and log in information

Scenario categorization

Searching on any/all of the following fields will be available:

• Battle Name

• CM Version

• Scenario Version

• Battle or Operation

• Game Length

• Size / Points

• Date/Month

• Year

• Battle Location

• Region

• Allies

-Troop Type

-Fitness

-FOW FOW

• Axis

-Troop Type

-Fitness

-FOW

• Brief Description

• Ground Conditions

• Temperature

• Defender Dig In?

• Map Contours

• Allow Sewer Movement

• Fanaticism

• Time

• Weather Conditions

• Wind

• Battle Type

• Axis Bonus

• Map Edge Friendly To

• Map Edge For Exit Points

• Flag Type

• Flag Qty

• Best Played As

• Play Next As

• Computer Bonus's

• Scenario Author

• Author Comments

• Date Uploaded

• Last Modified

Export playtested scenarios from TPG to TSD with just a couple of clicks

Map categorization

• Map Name

• CM Version

• Map Version

• Size (width x height)

• Type

• Predominant Terrain

• Weather

• Tree Coverage

• Large Flag Quantity

• Small Flag Quantity

• Best Used For

• Map Location (historical or fictional)

• Region

• Brief Description

• Ground Conditions

• Map Contours

• Map Author

• Email This Author

• Author Comments

• Date Uploaded

• Last Modified

Message board on homepage (similar to what is at TPG now - for "quickposts" and general chatting)

AAR section for <u>each</u> uploaded scenario (images must be linked to offsite though)

Reviews and rating of scenarios (proposed rating system sample located HERE (the number of "scores" to enter on this sample is just to give a sample rating of multiple reviews) - this area needs a bit of further tweaking (sub-category ratings)

Authors administration area

• Reporting for your scenarios to include:

• Who downloaded what

• Email notification of a review being posted

• Ability to modify or delete your scenario(s)

• Quick view of your current ratings

• Hot link to email a downloader (if they provide that option)

Lists

Recent uploads

Others? I want to be careful about putting up a "most downloaded" and/or "highest rated" type of lists as it only encourages further downloads of those scenarios and possibly causing other similar scenarios to be overlooked. Lets debate these though!

Debating on adding something similar to www.boardgamegeek.com "geeklist". This would be a list that someone could put together for others to view - a list of a theme of the list creators choice. For example, "My list of favorite N. Africa scenarios". Others may find this list useful when it comes to searching for similar items.

Other ideas?

I'd like to set up some sort of "incentive" program for posting new scenarios and just as importantly, posting reviews/AAR's. Perhaps something similar to boardgamegeek.com "geekgold" (info HERE)

I'm sure there's other things that I've forgotten and/or already have plans for, but this is a start.

[ September 07, 2005, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: GJK ]

Well, I wasn't thinking of an "opponent finder" per se, as we do have that at TPG already and there are other clubs - I was thinking on a "per scenario" basis. Just a simple message board that is linked off of each scenario; as a way to advertise your request to play a particular scenario vs somebody else.

That may get lost on the site though - obscure little post under a single scenario, so perhaps a link to view "all game requests" that is sortable in some ways.

Just thinking out loud - this obviously wouldn't be a top priority feature, maybe something for down the road even.

Originally posted by melb_will:

This might be in there already. But is there a feature that allows a designer to specify that a scenario is part of a series, ie Scen 1 of 3. other than the name?

cheers

Will

Howdy Will,

Actually no, nothing specifically linking a "pack" of scenarios other than the name and then of course you could directly link to others in the series within the comments section. I know that Kingfish and a few others have zipped up their pack and submitted them all at once over at TPG - so that's an option as well.