SC Ryder Cup 2004, matches and results

Kuniworth

This thread is NOT to be used for discussions or anything like that.

In this thread will I as tourney-leader post teams and match results. Please respect this. I don't want any replies here.

RULES

Opponents agree on rules for their game. I suggest playing with some kind of bidding system and a houserule against amphibious landing on major nation same turn as DOW.

[ May 26, 2004, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Kuniworth ]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matches

1. Zappsweden(euro) vs Rambo(NA) TCP/IP RAMBO WON AS AXIS

2. Dragonheart(euro) vs Avatar(NA) TCP/IP

3. Kuniworth(euro) vs Liam(NA) TCP/IP LIAM WON AS AXIS

4. Dev0(euro) vs Comrade Trapp(NA) TCP/IP DEV0 WON AS AXIS

5. Sombra(euro) vs Some_god(NA) TCP/IP SOMBRA WON AS AXIS

6. Archibald(euro) vs JerseyJohn PBEM ARCHIBALD WON AS AXIS

7. Wehrmacht(euro) vs Errantrecce(NA) PBEM

8. Rannug(euro) vs CraigRS(NA) PBEM RANNUG WON AS AXIS

9. Kossuth(euro) vs Panzer39(NA) PBEM PANZER 39 WINS

Ok look for your opponent and start playing. Games MUST be finished may 31, 2004.

[ May 29, 2004, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: Kuniworth ]

Match predicitions

1. Zappsweden(euro) vs Rambo(NA) TCP/IP

This match can go either way, the french campaign decides. Guess; Rambo wins.

2. Dragonheart(euro) vs Avatar(NA) TCP/IP

Another heavyweight bout. Avatar got game but Dragonheart is top 5 in the world. Guess; Dragon wins.

3. Kuniworth(euro) vs Liam(NA) TCP/IP

Kuniworth won the last two games and should win this if nothing unforseen happens. Guess; Kuniworth wins.

4. Dev0(euro) vs Comrade Trapp(NA) TCP/IP

Comrade can win this on knowledge, but panzerliga players are quiet good. Guess; Dev0 wins.

5. Sombra(euro) vs Some_god(NA) TCP/IP

Another panzerliga player vs the young gun of North-america. Guess; Sombra wins.

6. Archibald(euro) vs JerseyJohn PBEM

Archibald is a tough an experienced tcp/ip gamer. Jersey should be in trouble here. Guess; Archibald wins

7. Wehrmacht(euro) vs Errantrecce(NA) PBEM

Wehrmacht is a promising rookie, Errantrecce's ability is unknown. Guess; Errantrecce wins.

8. Rannug(euro) vs CraigRS(NA) PBEM

Rannug should win this. Guess; Rannug wins.

9. Kossuth(euro) vs Panzer39(NA) PBEM

Panzer is an old sc-veteran. He will do his duty and win this. Guess; Panzer wins..

Official guess; Europe wins Ryder cup 2004 with the result 6-3

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Rambo, we Euros don´t need the FOW sniffer to win because the Americans simply play to bad to be worth the effort. ;)

Besides I personally tend to believe that wargamers mostly look for a real challenge and though don´t believe in cheating. Up to now I haven´t seen evidence of cheating in my games in the Panzerliga.

Originally posted by Kuniworth:

May 17th,

cup is cancelled due to Rambo's discovery that FOW-cheating is possible. Players can continue their games but the cup is dead.

This is lame, why cancel the whole thing "in case" some one might be cheating.

Originally posted by Panzer39:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kuniworth:

May 17th,

cup is cancelled due to Rambo's discovery that FOW-cheating is possible. Players can continue their games but the cup is dead.

This is lame, why cancel the whole thing "in case" some one might be cheating. </font>

Why shut down the whole thing because someone "might" cheat? Shouldn't you ask US, the people involved if we want to close it down.

Edit. While I am not involved in the Ryder Cup. I did throw my hat in for the Gigantic Cup and I am in a league as well.

[ May 17, 2004, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Aztecace ]

My guess to the amount of cheaters on this board? Close to zero, possibly 1. I'll admit to cheating on my first PBEM game. I realized that if you simply save over your original game, you could use the FOW sniffer (never realized for TCP/IP tho) and simply wait for the best turn. It's boring, it's a non-challenge, and it douses the satisfaction i'm going to feel if I win a game. I truly don't think anyone, ANYONE on this site has cheated (regularly?) with the method Rambo described. Your fears are groundless. We aren't playing for MONEY people. There is zero, absolutely ZERO reason for this tourney to be canceled.

Well I'm not sure people are still keeping track BUT Rannug and his Axis fiends have defeated me. I tried to run to North America and fight until the bitter end but the power of air is much greater than the power of ground.

Good fun game Rannug!

Craig