New Mod

Agent Smith

Agent Smith

Sounds Terrific, thanks for making it available.

And thanks to Friendly Fire I've got the sound, including effects, where I like it, total silence! Some of us prefer listening to music on the hard drive, or webradio and one of our complaints was that in SC there was no way to turn the sound off. But I think most people enjoy hearing the game sounds, which is fine, but a toggle option would also be good.

Can your very fine looking graphics be downloaded without the wav files?

[ February 04, 2004, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

An honour to here from you JJ. Yes. At the moment these files only reside on my hard disk, I'm not sure which site they should be put on.

I'm hoping that rather than post as a finished mod, users can offer further suggestions. There have been numerous unit mods, but little in the way of interface.

regards

A

And it's an Honor to offer my views, Agent.

Never dabbled in this end of things. Pflang recently made a mod but last I've read there was a potential problem with some v1.06 and v1.07 game compatabilities, but I doubt that will affect what you're working on.

Otto's SC HQ is a good place for the finished product, as with scenarios and anything elsce pertaining to the game. I haven't got the link handy but Hubert has it listed in the first pinned thread at the top of the page. If you've never been to it, it's worth going to just to look around and gather ideas even if you're not in the mood to download anything.

Ceding the floor to those who know about MOds. Good Luck and it appears you've got a great start.

I thought the Graphics fans would really be flocking to this one.

As said earlier, I don't know squat about this stuff and won't waste anyone's time offering opinions, except ...

There are two sets at Otto's I've always liked, one uses the German military map symbols and the other uses the American symbols. I've toyed with the idea of using the German for the Axis and the American for the Allies. Does anyone know if that would work?

Hope this turns into the community effort Agent is asking for, it's a really fine idea.

Thankyou for the ongoing encouragement gentlemen. (There have been a small number of delays beyond my control.) I have about 4 or 5 dialogue screens left to mod...as soon as it's ready I'll announce to one and all.

J.J. I Agree with you about those german graphic unit mods. I have played a number of games with them. I particularly liked the yellow Italian units, nice contrast. The unit mod incorporated in my set, has changed the colour balance slightly to this effect, making the countries a little more distinct. units.jpg

Originally posted by kurt88:

Nice colors Agent Smith, especially the Italian ones like you mentioned. Good work and thanks again for making them available!

And now let Trinity go, I love her and won't share her with a machine !

trinity.jpg

Trinity , ahhhhh....

Looks like she wants to get her hands on Kurt's unit mod!

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks, the mod is complete, but there is a small problem. The mod is big. 22Mb zipped! Essentially every file in the 'bitmaps' sub directory has been altered. Is there anybody out there that can

1. recieve this file in 1 piece, or do I have to segment it up? and..

2. Is there anybody prepared or able to store this file online for all.

some suggestions for how this can be done would be appreciated, too many hours went into this mod to not be able to share it. :(

regards

Agent :cool:

• 1 year later...

Thankyou for some belated interest Robert. What follows is a rather sad tale...

After spending TOO many hours, manipulating pixels, tweaking colour sets, altering sounds and music score, (scanning in wood grain from cigar boxes etc.) As stated above, to my horror, the file total was over 20mb. I pedalled the mod to a number of sites that host mods and scenario, but all deemed it too big. THEN My computer crashed consigning this titanic to the cyber-depths...one copy did survive. Burned to CD and shipped to Kurt 88. (from Australia to Belgium). A shadow of my former modding days, I now quietly play a vanilla version....awaiting the glorious modding frontier of SC2.

...but seriously, try messaging Kurt, he even suggested at one point, he'd pass it on to some of his pbem opponents. I'd be chuffed to think that it is still gracing the screens of somebody's machine. The whole point in doing the mod, was to capture a combination of forties font styles and a traditional board game from the box. Again with SC2, my modding aim will be to remove windoze dialog box graphics, and hopefully move from minitures to old style press out card units. Perhaps the next mod will also need to include an SC2 windows theme, while playing the game.

I'm rambling...

good luck

regards

Agent S.

• 2 weeks later...