THE SC WORLD CHAMPION LADDER : APRIL 2003

zappsweden

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COMPLAINT

Maximillian214 has refused to finish our game or concede. I have left him 3 e-mails (1st: 4-12-03 2nd: 4-14-03 3rd: 4-15-03) asking him to set a date to continue our game, I also left a post on Opponent Finder Forum yet I get no reply.

I understand that people have busy schedules and cannot always finish games the same week they are started, but all I am asking for is for him to set a date to finish or at least reply to my e-mails. I am still willing to finish the game but in order to do that he must give me a reply.

Comrade Trapp

Comrade Trapp (Axis) is defeated by CVM (Allies)

Germany surrenedered in late 1944 - early 1945 leaving Italy to face the Allies alone. Rome finally fell on July 1, 1945.

Towards the end I was inflicting more damage to the allies than they were inflicting on me, but there was just too many of them :( . There was no big battle that won the war for the Allies, I just got worn down fighting a 2 front war.

Comrade Trapp

Actually the climactic battle came on the eastern front in Mid 1943

I had landed a sizable force in france in early 43 and seized Brestand Bordeaux quite early on. For about 6 months the line barely moved in France.

Comrade Trapp, I invaded France not as a means to liberate France. I went in simply because i would be drawing troops away from the eastern front.

In June 1943, the Red army Broke Through north of Minsk and had liberated all of Russia within 2 turns (Trapp did an excellent job of withdrawing from the Ukraine)

And as for the 'destroying more units than the Allies were' remark, as i remember you killed 2 cut off tank groups, But trust me, you did not kill that many. ;)

That said i lift my battered Helmet to Trapp. For he displayed tenacity in his defense. He did not concede until all of Europe was free.*

*Actually, right before the decisive offensive in the east, he sent me an offer: 'What do you say we have a ceasefire for a few turns, since both of our armies are a beat up pretty bad?'

I replied in one word (and I quote)

NUTS

When I said I was worn down because of the 2 front war I meant that CVM's breaktout was helped by the fact that most of my armies were only a about 65% of its full strengh. I also had the tech superiorty in Jet Airpower on the Eastern Front that I could not use to it fullest becuase all of my airfleets were at less than 50% of its original strengh (I was using the MPPs to reinforce my armies as much as possible).

Yes the breakout was a big battle and CVM took full advantage of hole in the lines but it wasn't till after when CVM brokethrough my second defenseive line (Pre-War Border between Germany and Russia set up after I withdrew from the Ukraine) around the Romanian border that was the death nail for Germany.

When I said I was inflicting more losses to the Allies than they were inflicting on me I meant that in Early 1943 I was managed to cutoff and destroy 2 tank groups, 2 armies, 1 corps, and 1 partisan units in"Battle for Odessa" (and this was after the Russian front had turned into a stalemate). Not to mention I destroyed all three (I founded out later that he had created alot more) airfleets Russia had started with.

All in all CVM made alot of good moves that when you put them all together caused the total defeat of the Fatherland.

Comrade Trapp

Heavy Junk resigns from the ladder.

I concede current games with the following players:

Iron Ranger-Axis

Terif-Axis -bid 200

Carl V M...- Axis

Everyone I've met has been patient and nice to a realitivly new player and I appreciate it.

However I dont have the time or desire to defend myself from accusations flung around about not finishing games.

If you get into a fight with a skunk, you'll end up smelling like one.

Somebody has to have the control over this stuff and "moderate" someone or something that is inflamitory(sp) and suspect.

Regards to All

Heavy Junk

Originally posted by well-dressed gentleman:

COMPLAINT WITHDRAWN

I withdraw my complaint v. Comrade Trapp, above.

-g

Please then remove (edit) the complaint so that people do not get wrong impressions. The complaint serves a double purpose. People can draw their own conclusions about certain players and also certain players can be punished if the proofs are overwhelming.

[ April 23, 2003, 05:27 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]