Z-plan

The Dutch Army

Originally posted by The Dutch Army:

my Englisch is a littel bite poor i am vrom Holland (low country's)

Welcome to the SC Forum!

You'll find that for many Americans, English is a difficult language as well.

Did you know that one of the moderators is German?

Small world huh? ;)

Dutch Army

Your English is fine. Besides, they keep changing it around so not even those of us who have to speak it can understand one another.

If you mean the Z-Plan Scenario up at Otto's, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Hitler was adamant about not fighting on two fronts. He invaded Russia only after defeating France and while he deluded into thinking that the UK couldn't hinder him and also that the Soviet Union would crumble before the onset of winter. The basic plan was designed to crush the west first and then take on the Soviets, which is what I tried to reflect in the scenario.

Unfortunately, there's no way to set it up so there's a war in the east with France and the UK standing neutral. That would be an interesting variant -- a situation where Poland is not allied with Britain and France but has a defence pact with the USSR! Historically that would have been unlikely, as Poland trusted Russia even less than it trusted Germany, but if the Brits and French had refused to get involved in Eastern Europe after Munich, an eastern war fouth in isolation might well have developed.

An interesting aspect is Germany would have been free to import oil and other materials -- no British blockade, so she might actually have been stronger than she was in historical 1941!

Welcome to the club. smile.gif

Originally posted by The Dutch Army:

cutte Jim Boggs give my some information SC ther are some things i dont get :D

You sir have come to the right spot. I am absolutely the worst person to give advice, but as you are now safely in the hands of Jersey John, you will have no further worries.

Again welcome to the SC Community, without doubt the best on the BFC board.

I thank you Mr. Boggs , and the feeling is thoroughly mutual. smile.gif

Dutch

There are seasonal differences in the game, but they are slight and mainly having to do with movement rate.

A number of us have been arguing for a more realistic weather system, one that reflects not only The Russian Winter (which SC doesn't even hint at) but also makes Fall and Winter landings in anything other than the Mediteranean impossible.

Hopefully Hubert will incorporate those things in SC2.

In the scenario I put up, the war is actually beginning at a later date, hypothetically, but I didn't want to start it in 1941 or later on the SC game calendar as if it's done that way other factors come into play and the game still ends in 1947 so it becomes shorter.

Taking those things into consideration, the calendar says Sept 1939 but that's an abstract starting point.

My premise is that Germany would not have launched new aggressions for the next two years or so and in Sept 1941 the situation would have been nearly identical to what it was two years earlier, except for technical advances and the relative increase in readiness of the various major countries.

Mussolini's timetable was set for 1941, the year Hitler had assured him would be the earliest time for a major war to begin. So, I assume Italy would have been fairly well prepared and in the war at it's start. England and France would also have stepped up preparations but would not have been able to match the increase in Germany's status. From there the rest is speculation.

I don't believe either the United States or the USSR would have taken any dramatic steps during those two years and Japan would have followed a much more conservative course in the Pacific.

All of which is only my personal speculation, your speculation on the situation is just as valid as mine.