THE SC WORLD CHAMPION LADDER

zappsweden

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Who will be the first to beat Terif? Hope it's me. Most likely will be Zapp, because they play 3-games a day.

LMAO.

Lol u never cease to make me break out in a laugh ;)

I'm not sure if anyone will get him. The one game i thought i had him was my second time ever playing axis i was kicking butt but snuck a finish unit behind his lines to harry and activated siberian army! Damn i didn't know a size 4 unsupplied corp would send the entire Mother russia Eastern Defence to the rescue! Got a little depressed at that. Part of my game is probing for weaknesses and exploiting them. Not haveing to cover inner russia i think is a major flaw.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Punniworth --- you ask:

Terif doesnt do dutch gambit?
I didn't explain myself well. It's NOT a matter whether he Dutch Gambit's or not! There is no secret power you can call on that can beat him (like Krytonite to Superman). So if you're looking for the special "David Sling Bullet" to slay Goliath, it's not like that. It's more like "Searching For Bobby Fisher", playing a Chessmaster who knows alot of s^*%.

please explain his french defense
The best way to describe Terif's French strategy:

1) Ground units are business as beavers building & supporting a dam.

2) French & Brits work hand-in-hand sharing the work load.

3) Air units fly like Hummingbirds, flying frontwords, backwords, & even can hover...while your troops get milked.

4) He knows the rules like Johnny Cochran knows the law. Anytime there's a cornercase combat result, funky movement, or just spotting/distances issues, I'll assure you this: you'll be typing....Terif beat me with...

5) And finally, what really describes Terif? Dude, those carriers are like fighting Jaws, but there are 3_white_sharks. Just put your foot in the water at any depth & you'll be missing a limb.

Overall: What I meant was, he doesn't depend on some Milli-Vanilla, one-hit stolen move. 80% of the guys I play shoot their wad as the Allies, claiming victory because they bog me down in Franch, kill a couple of armies, quit, claim victory, & post to the Forum how they beat me. Four turns later I'm in Manchester. Terif isn't like that. He's badass. A General Surgeon who applies the knife, where, when, & how it is needed.

But Remember: I'm a Legend, haven't played that many games against Terif. My skills have gotten rusty by "Dumpster Diving" & beating all the low-life chumps out there.

So what's it like when Rambo playes Terif? I tell my boys: AnyGivenSunday

128147.GIF

[ February 16, 2003, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Post two, yes, that is two victories for Terif. The first as Allies with a zero bid and the second as German with a bid of 150.

I had fun and he has been a wealth of information in improving my game.

Twiddle mortgages his house to buy back his arse.

Hi all!

We have a long standing rule of locking up thrs when they get to about 300 posts. This is a hard won lesson in the limitations of this BBS. By hard won I mean the Forums became corrupted and we had all sorts of fun putting them back together again smile.gif

Therefore, I am locking this thread up and invite the originator (or someone else) to start up a new one. We don't want to cut this thread short, just trying to avoid cutting the Forum's life short :D

Thanks,

Steve