Like em big?

Just posted a new op at the Depot. NP 1. D-Day, The Race For Caen. In the same spirit as my Blut Und Ehre op, D-Day The Race For Caen is a huge op on a massive 4kx8k map. You will need a beefy computer to play this one (some turns take over a minute to process on mine). Can be played 2 player or plays just as well as Canadians vs. AI

The action starts on turn one in this op with the desperate struggle to conquer the Juno beachead. From there you will have to consolidate your forces and race inland in order to capture Caen and the all important airfield at Carpiquet before night falls and German reinforcements have a chance to arrive.

The file is too big to host at the depot (they have a 100kb file limit on submissions). If you would like to give it a try you can send me an e-mail and I will send the op your way.

smile.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kingfish i recieved your e-mail with comments and have actually addressed the issues you mentioned accordingly. The only issue i could not change is using the wheat tile for the beach. I cannot think of a better tile to represent that terrain although I agree with you that it could possibly block the defenders LOS in some occasions. This LOS effect however is balanced by the fact that the real attackers had a much higher sea wall than a CMAK wall for cover as well as beach obstacles and such to hide behind as well. Thanks for all you initial input. it is greatly appreciated.

Eric smile.gif

Sergei, I would love to have some feedback on this one when you are done. Do you need a file of "NP 1. The Race for Caen" or did some one else pass it to you (I know I sent you "NP 2. Blut Und Ehre" before).

Good luck with the battle

Eric

Originally posted by Emar:

Just posted a new op at the Depot. NP 1. D-Day, The Race For Caen.

The file is too big to host at the depot (they have a 100kb file limit on submissions). If you would like to give it a try you can send me an e-mail and I will send the op your way.

Hello,

Sent you an e-mail requesting your Op.

Does anybody need an opponent for this? I can play either side. Can do at least 1-file-a-day and more on weekends.

Ken

Stoffel, Hope all is going well with you. I tried to e-mail you through the forum and it allows me to typoe a message for you but I see no way to attach the file to it. Send me an e-mail and I will reply to yours and send the op along with it.

Eric

:D

I want to chime in for a second and highly recommend this Op. A lot of work went into this one, and it showed.

I am playing against the axis AI and am just finishing up the first battle. The Canadians have overcome the beach defenses (not an easy thing to do, even against the AI), and are now expanding their beachhead. The sight of invasion force advancing inland, on a map of this size and historical accuracy, is impressive.

Hats off to Emar for an excellent Op. Now, if we could just convince him to do one for Epsom... ;)

Originally posted by Kingfish:

[QB] I want to chime in for a second and highly recommend this Op. A lot of work went into this one, and it showed.

/QB]

I'd really to see it, but I haven't recieved an e-mail yet! Maybe my yahoo address doesn't work.

Emar, e-mail junk@the111.com if yahoo address doesn't work. I'm a sucker for big ops even if I don't play them that often.

Kingfish wrote:

I am sending Emar a quick AAR every 5 turns. Not very detailed, really more of a quick review of the last 5 turns.

I am up to T-11, but will hold off for now. There are 3 scenarios of a certain battle along the Dives river that are in need of briefings... [Wink]

Excellent! (On both counts!)

Actually, if you keep playing Emar's Big Operation long enough (and your Canucks go far enough south), you'll arrive at the Dives - where breifings grow on tress. smile.gif

Gpig

Thanks for all the replies and feedback guys, I have already begun to tweak the op based on feedback and the edition I am sending out now reflects those changes( one good thing about an op too big to host at the depot is that I dont have to resubmit it as I revise it).

I have played through the first battle several times but as you can imagine an op this big is difficult to playtest to the end and I have only done so twice. I am looking forward to any feedback towards the end of the op so that I can adjust force balance accordingly. The German forces are definately the weaker of the 2 but I am hoping this is balanced out by the Canadians need to make haste to cover so much territory.

Thanks again for all your help and support

Eric