Kurt88's Forum on Unified Economic and Diplomatic Functions

JerseyJohn

EdwinP.

To take the last first, I don't think it makes a simple game too complex, but I've been critized often on this score; the majority of players might feel differently. Or, they might like these ideas, it's difficult to tell. More feedback from other players would give us a better idea.

It would be difficult to list actual historical personalities in a pop-up sense without almost having to include some sort of accompanying encylcolpedia of WW II -- an idea I love but one I'm not going to start backing off from immediately!

The same effect can probably done with more general statements such as Germany replaces it's minister to Sweden and . . .. to announce basically numerical results in an historical manner that would help maintain the simulated ambiance.

Oddly I've found posting here requires very little research. Usually I remember things I've read years ago and flesh it out with online searches. Often I'll describe something and the next entry will be someone else posting a URL to a specific link on the subject. This is a very knowledgable crowd and frequenting this site means automatically learning a lot on this war and it's peripheral material.

Hopefully Hubert will give some feedback on this material during the coming week. Usually he strikes during weekday mornings, Eastern U.S. time.

[ March 23, 2003, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EdwinP.

To take the last first, I don't think it makes a simple game too complex, but I've been critized often on this score; the majority of players might feel differently. Or, they might like these ideas, it's difficult to tell. More feedback from other players would give us a better idea.

It would be difficult to list actual historical personalities in a pop-up sense without almost having to include some sort of accompanying encylcolpedia of WW II -- an idea I love but one I'm not going to start backing off from immediately!

The same effect can probably done with more general statements such as Germany replaces it's minister to Sweden and . . .. to announce basically numerical results in an historical manner that would help maintain the simulated ambiance.

Oddly I've found posting here requires very little research. Usually I remember things I've read years ago and flesh it out with online searches. Often I'll describe something and the next entry will be someone else posting a URL to a specific link on the subject. This is a very knowledgable crowd and frequenting this site means automatically learning a lot on this war and it's peripheral material.

Hopefully Hubert will give some feedback on this material during the coming week. Usually he strikes during weekday mornings, Eastern U.S. time.

[ March 23, 2003, 08:47 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

JerseyJohn

Excellent;

--------------------------

The same effect can probably done with more general statements such as Germany replaces it's minister to Sweden and . . .. to announce basically numerical results in an historical manner that would help maintain the simulated ambiance. - JerseyJohn

JerseyJohn

Excellent;

The same effect can probably done with more general statements such as Germany replaces it's minister to Sweden and . . .. to announce basically numerical results in an historical manner that would help maintain the simulated ambiance. - JerseyJohn