Ryder cup AAR: Panzer vs Rannug

Panzer39

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luftwaffe goes after the elite Royal Navy carriers since the RAF are a bunch of ninnies. They sink two and damage all intercepts. No losses and reinforcements are brought up for next turn.

Gibraltar falls and Yugoslavia goes allied. No sign of any Royal navy presence left in the Med.

October 1941

Dark day in Europe. Yugoslavia falls with the help of Luftwaffe support. Germans land in Greece and capture Athens. Italian and German forces engage Greek troops in the North. Greece falls. USA joins, Russia will do the same shortly. However with all the plunder Germany will be ready!

Germany declares war on USSR. One army is destroyed, six are encircled and brought down in strength. The luftwaffe takes out a Soviet armored division.

The Regina Marina bombards a strategic bomber air fleet while they are in hanger. Italian transports move in to take Egypt. The Yugoslavian partisan unit is found and destroyed. Reports show Southern UK still free of units.

Russian forces forms a frontline from Riga to Odessa but the line is weak. The attack was not as devasting as I feared but 6 to 9 Luftwaffe fighters makes it very hard to withstand any determind German attack. The Russan navy attacks a German cruiser in the Baltic and does some damage and hopefully will be around next turn for more action. I operated some UK air down to the Estern Med to hold of the Italian forces that tries to take over Egypt.

In the North we do some attacks on Bergen.

The Italians pull back but I get a last shot at a battleship.

Standard attcks on Bergen.

3-4 Russian units get killed evry turn but the frontline holds and the Axis has to fight for every hex. A German army is spoted north of Riga and will probably try to land behind the front line. Only Odessa is lost so far but that will surly change soon. the Luftwaffe throws a dark shadow over the entire eastern front.