Ryder cup AAR: Panzer vs Rannug

Panzer39

I have bid 50 for the Axis and won. No other rules than the official.

Turn 1:

Germany invades Poland. Warsaw is captured but most of the Polish Army survives. Poland does not surrender. German U-boats raid the shipping lanes.

[ August 16, 2003, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Panzer39 ]

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allies do the Dutch Gambit on their first turn since all German air was used against Poland.

One sub was found but did not want to die dispite 4! attacks on it. We fear that a UK cruiser might pay the price for this faliure. The Frence can now dig in and wait for the Germans to come. Poland will probably fall next turn. Our friends in the US did not like the LC attack. US readiness is -15% :( . The Italian readiness is up to 79% but will hopefully not move much more for a long time.

Counter attacks killing one German army, hurting a Panzer and taking down Runsteadt HQ to 4. Two UK air + French air and two carriers, the canuks landed and joined forces to achive this. But the German corps is still over the River. Hopefully the Luftwaffe is in bad shape now. Italian readiness is at 94%.

Paris fell a lot easier than I hoped for...4 Axis ground units attacked and took the Paris army down to 3. Then one(probably damaged) german air attacks. A uk air intercepts and cause damage to the German air. Still he kills the strenght 3 army in Paris. Then a Panzer can roll in and start to plunder. "If it wasn´t for bad luck, I would have no luck at all"

Air and carriers killed a German corps as revenge.

The Battle for France is over a lot earlier then I planed for....but a UK corps is waiting in Brest for the Axis next move.