another author encouragement request

So I'm looking for a little high level feedback regarding scenario authoring. I'm just starting out with 2 so far (Mountain Pass in CMBO, and russ_asslt in CMBB). I am now aware that I will be able to get detailed feedback on scenarios at The Proving Grounds, which I did not discover

before those 2 scenarios.

I'd like to beg 1 bit off people in considering if I should work on new scenarios. Now, I'm not sure I have a map making style, or if that would be discernible off just 2 maps, but do either of those 2 maps appeal to anyone (the second has only been out a few days)? Anyone enjoy or is enjoying the scenarios?

If I were to work on more, I am aware that I got greedy about the map sizes so far. I'd aim smaller next. I'd also be working in CMBB for a while and sticking to fictional maps.

thanks

First rule of scenario making or mod making:

Make it for yourself. If you like it and decide to share it, that is fine and well too. Do not make things expecting others to appreciate or care about them.

Don't be disappointed if the subject matter is only of interest to you.

Play other peoples work and find a style that appeals to you. Follow that example.

I stink at making maps. Some people have great maps and share them for you to use. Use them.

Never rush to get it done.

A true sage as always, Junk.

Also, TS, don't expect feedback to flood in. At The Proving Grounds, I suggest to new members... you have to write 'em to get 'em. That is -- start reviewing maps and scenarios and give constructive feedback. People will do the same for you. But, it sometimes comes slowly.

At other sites, witnessed by recent posts in this forum, you may never get feedback.

I'm glad you have an interest in making new maps and scenarios. Good scenarios are sometimes difficult to create... stick to it. Hopefully, we'll have much better tools with CMX2.

Is there any news on what the CMX2 tools and capabilities are likely to be? I just started out with this game and realise I am WAYYYY behind you lot! But already I have been a bit frustrated by some of its limitations. Nothing I'm sure that can't be sorted, (matching suitable ground types for modding to beaches, for example) but no doubt just as I finish, the new game will be out and such things will be included anyway!

wunwinglow

• 2 weeks later...