*** SC PBEM LEAGUE - Has Ended ***

Curry

Nero's cat and TO ALL OTHER NEW PLAYERS.

1. Join the league (link above)

2. Send out an email to the list saying you are new and would like to play a game with someone that knows that or another new player.

3. There are several players in the leauge who will be glad to help you out, get you started with a game and give you tips in playing along the way.

4. Dont be afraid to start. We all lost many games at SC when we made the transfer from playing AI to humans. But if you stick with it you will find it a most enjoyable and somewhat addicting game.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have had a number of new players join the league since this last posting. We must be close to 60 players in the league now.

I have been extreemly busy with work and family and have cut back on my gaming. But when I get some more time I will once again try to update the list.

For those NEW PLAYERS just drop an email to the list and ask for a game.

Curry

• 2 weeks later...

PS - I just took a look and we have had 188 games played so far in the league. I'm hoping that the league will provide enough players where everyone can find a game whether its the standard game or a varient.

1 kurt88 4-5

2 Reepicheep 10-9

3 Rannug 12-4

4 Bill101 14-4

5 Terif 8-0

6 Jordy 4-3

7 Curry 22-16

8 Dragonheart 2-0

9 Tigleth Pilisar 4-1

10 nanope 4-1

11 Flatus 1-5

12 Panzer39 6-5

13 Phrase 2-5

14 Friendly_Fire 3-2

15 Sidius 1-4

16 earl of white22 7-6

17 AlexandertheOK 2-12

[ February 03, 2004, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: Curry ]

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, sending this out as a newsletter to all in the league but thought I would also post it here on the BF forum.

We continue to have new players in the league so I wanted to update everyone and especially the newer players on a couple of points that some had confusion on. I also hope to get another new email list out soon. I am layed up at home at the moment, I had a surgury this week and am to take it easy. I'm being medicated so I can blame anything I say that is wrong on the medication.

A couple of points I wanted to clear up.

1) If you wish to change your email. Please do it on the site. It is just too much work for me to try to change everyone's email when they have a change. If you will update it on the site, It will be updated when I send out the new list because I always use the site email.

2) RULES and HOUSERULES - Here is what is written in our houserules section on the site.

"We want this to be as simple as possible - therefore anything that the game allows. Deal with it - players can set their own house rules before starting the game. If no houserules are set then anything is possible. If there is a reload problem the players will bring the dispute to the attention of the League administor and he will make a ruling. He will either have the game forfeited (in extreem cases only), or have the game restarted with an MPP penalty, or penalty in a future game, or nothing. Please be careful and have NO reloads. Have HONOR. Any house rules and bidding is completely up to the players."

There has been some confusion here between players. The league does not have any set rules so all players are responsible before their game starts to set up any houserules. A few players thought we were going by the old Z-leauge rules. Some others thought that we did not allow amphibius landings on the same turn as a declaration of war. No that is not true. You could even try the Rome gambit or the Riga gambit if you would like if you play with anything goes. When we started the league there were so many ideas of what should be allowed or what should not be allowed that we simply felt the players in the game should decide. So please when starting a game set any houserule that both players will agree to. If no houserules are set then the game is wide open.

Take care and Happy Gaming.

Curry

Yes you have to pay each member 10$ smart money for your questions. We are arround 50 members so 500 $ should be enough. :D

Curry will give you his account number.

Nah just kidding you have to pay only when you loose tongue.gif .........honestly said you have to pay nothing as this is a fun game.....and forgive me my sacrasm. ;)

[ February 18, 2004, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: Dragonheart ]

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an update record of players in the league with at least one recorded win. Hopefully if you are new this will give you an idea of how good a player is.

PLAYER WINS-LOSES

kurt88 4-6

Reepicheep 12-10

Bill101 20-8

Rannug 18-5

Terif 8-0

nanope 7-1

Jordy 4-3

Curry 28-18

earl of white22 11-9

Dragonheart 2-0

Tigleth Pilisar 4-1