*** SC PBEM LEAGUE - Has Ended ***

Curry

I have formed a new league for PBEM players of SC.

*** It is via myleague.com

*** You may find it at http://www.myleague.com/scpbem/

*** Check out the houserules. It is meant to be simple. Players can set their own houserules for their match. If no houserules are set then anything the game allows is permitted.

*** Reloads - Check under houserules for this. I will act as the league administer and will make a ruling on any disputes of this nature.

*** This leauge is meant to be a means for PBEM players to record wins and losses. It will also have the secondary effect of providing players games with a competitve flair for those that desire that. We will see if it takes off is used by SC PBEM players or not.

This now gives PBEM players the same type of league and opportunity for recording wins and losses, and for more competition, that the ICP players have and use. I hope that it does not turn into "I only play the game to win" attitude. But that the overall purpose of this is to provide more "fun" for playing SC for the purpose of fun and enjoyment of the game.

[ August 30, 2006, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Curry ]

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Idea Curry smile.gif

But dont forget to check the rules section and set SC appropriate values. Especially have a look at the current settings of:

- inactivity removal: after 21 days a member will be removed automatically (Z-League is 90 days, PBEM should perhaps be even more time... otherwise you will loose all members of your ladder after a short time, since they will be removed automatically ;) ).

- inactivity top 10: 7 days

- Leapfrogging: 3 days

- "Once a day": only one match /day allowed

SC needs a lot of time, so you should think in weeks (or months ;) ), not days... especially in PBEM :D

[ September 17, 2003, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Kurt88/Curry:

As far as I know it is possible to set other values in the myleague. The currrent settings are probably the standards, but can be changed for each league. So no need to do it manually.

On the other hand you can have a better overview(comments) when doing it manually and handle SC issues more flexible.

However, Oak has already started a (manually)list/league with PBEM players (sticky topic No.2 in the SC forum) and has also a loss/win record of the games played. Perhaps you should get in contact with him if you can work together...2 different PBEM Leagues could be a bit confusing ;) .

[ September 17, 2003, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]