What do you think about unrealistic custom scenerios?

PLM

There's historically accurate, then there's alternative reality. Then there's silly stuff.

Im curious whether players would be willing to play scenerios that really dont have anything to do with the reality of WWII.

For instance a scenerio modelling 2 armies entrenched against each other WWI-style? Or a remake of a Civil War battle with WWII technology.

'Fun' stuff.

Im wondering if anybody would play anything like that or if there is an industry for making those kind of CM scenerios. :cool:

I haven't seen a good Civil War game since "Age of Rifles". I'd be into a quality/historically done Civil War game based on the CM engine. That doesn't answer your question but I thought I'd toss in my quarter.

As for alternate reality, (I did that in the '70s & '80s) and silly stuff, I'm not really interested.

Otherwise I'd be playing "Neverwinter".

Basically, if you dont understand, im advocating using current CM units to make wacky battls that parrallel other wars or are a mix. So its still kind of like WWII... just the storyline doesnt make sense at all and there's good chances nothing like it ever happened. Its not like a mod or anything which as far as i know, isnt even possible really with CM engines.

Want something different? Fun? Silly? Try CM Gunfight 1881 at the Scenario Depot (cmak)

Set in the American West.........

I did do a scenario that used the terrain from Gettysburg but it remains unfinished. Several other scenarios use terrain from Napoleonic battles etc battles. The only direct translation is here:

Small Battles Churubusco SCW for Cmak is a Spanish Civil War version of the battle of the same name from the Mexican American war of 1848.

• 2 weeks later...