Battle of France Tournament - WINNER ANNOUNCED

Curry

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE BATTLE OF FRANCE TOURNAMENT

This is a battle of SC using only the beginning of the Fall Weiss game, The Battle of France! The Cookie cutter axis method won’t help you here! It’s who can get to Paris first that wins the day!

THE BASICS

* Single elimination tournament

* Each Player plays once as allies and once as axis.

* The Player that conquers France (takes Paris) at the earliest date wins the round and advances. (In the case of a tie a coin will have to be flipped to see who advances.no one said life is fair)

THE RULES

* No MMP points given

* Allies Cannot attack Low Countries on turn 1.

* Allies can attack Low Countries on turn 2 if Axis has not yet done so.

* Axis must conquer Poland by the end of their turn 5 or they automatically lose.

* England is NOT allowed to disband naval ships. Since this is just a battle of France England does not have to concern itself with the possible Sealion. Therefore to keep the game what we know it England is not allowed to disband any fleets.

However, France is allowed to disband naval units since some players already may use that as a stategy in defending France.

* Axis is not allowed to disband Naval units. This includes Germany and Italy if and when Italy enters.

THE TOURNAMENT & SIGNING UP

PLAYING

* You may play either via live internet or PBEM.

* If you play by email you need to make at least two moves a day and make this game a priority.

* If you are lagging up the tournament you will be declared the loser and your opponent will advance. Don’t care who your are or what the excuse it. You may have a truly legitimate excuse. HOWEVER, you will need to understand that this is just a game and that the whole tournament cannot wait upon you.

OTHER RULES AND ITEM? -

If some of the old timers see a need for toher rules or items of information please email me at “fordiplomacy@msn.com”. I would rather you not post them here on this thread but email those items to me so that if they do apply I can then put them into these official rules.

SIGN UP BY POSTING ON THIS THREAD - We will start as soon as we have enough players, IF there seems to be an interest. We will see. Who wants to be the King of France?

[ April 06, 2004, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Curry ]

Great idea!!

For a Tournament Curry,

I am only somewhat surprised that no-one thought of this kind of match-play before now.

Short, quick, bloody but decisive... using what can be a tough and terrible slugging match in France.

And this way, you can have fairly fast results, without having to play all the way through.

Kudos to you. :cool:

An excellent suggestion that I will add to the rules is the following.

England is NOT allowed to disband and naval ships. Since this is just a battle of France England does not have to concern itself with the possible Sealion. Therefore to keep the game what we know it England is not allowed to disband any fleets.

However, France is allowed to disband naval units since some players already may use that as a stategy in defending France.

I´m in.

I play basically by e-mail ,but since it´s only the conquer of France ,maybe I can play TCP sometimes .

e.mail :edyvm82@hotmail.com

BTW I was playing a TCP/IP with someone and I cann´t play it no more ,if he see this post please say who are you in the league and I´ll give you the victory ,sorry.

Add this additional Rule

- Axis is not allowed to disband any Naval units. That includes Italy when and if they enter.

This is in hopes to keep it as close as we would normally play the game. We have already entered a rule that the UK is not allowed to disband any naval units.

Here is a list of players with their email addresses and preferred way to play.

(TCIP) - means live via internet of course

(PBEM) - via email

(E) - either

Two players do not have an email. You need to provide an email so players may contact you.

IMPORTANT Before we begin I would like everyone to confirm that they are in. You may confirm in one of two ways. Either email me at fordiplomacy@msn.com or post here on this thread that you are for real and ready to play. I hope to have the brackets set this Friday or Saturday.

PLAYERS SIGNED UP SO FAR

1. Panzer39 (E) Transam00@cox.net

2. Edwin P. (E) Edwinfager1@msn.com

3. Brian(thesemiwise)(E) bpoulsen60@hotmail.com

4. Rambo (TCIP) jon_j_rambo@yahoo.com

5. AlexandertheOK (PBEM) gmclauchlan@bigpond.com

6. Kossuth (PMEM)

7. Wehrmacht (PMEM) Kani@jippii.fi

8. Sanmayn (PBEM) kaiser_1982@hotmail.com

9. Rannug (E) gunnar.elgenstrom@utb.boras.se

10. Cpl.Steiner (E) fukuokadave@hotmail.com

11. earlofwhite22 (E) pmbedard@attbi.com

12. Avatar (E) true_avatar47@hotmail.com

13. Yaggmoth (E) edyvm82@hotmail.com

14. Curry (PBEM) fordiplomacy@msn.com

15. Angel Dust ulrich.sta@web.de

16. Sandy (PBEM) sandy.eisen@btinternet.com or work email sandy.eisen@parexel.com

[ April 08, 2004, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: Curry ]