"1939 Fall Weiss Revisited" Campaign

• 7 months later...

I have played your updated version as both Allies and Axis.

As Axis I found the start of the game to be fairly standard and the Poles and French fell pretty much as per usual. I decided to forego an early sealion and decided to launch a Barbarossa in March '41. By August 29th the Russians had surrenderred and the game was pretty much over. A quick refit of the Kreigsmarine and the Royal Navy crumbled on the first attack; the remnants (~10 ships) withdrew to Canada. Early victory was gained by Christmas '42.

As the Allies the Axis forces were decimated in Belgium by the Royal Navy Carriers and RAF. A swift counter attack in early '42 (with US forces assistance) saw the Axis capitulate.

This is a fun scenario but I found the AI to be unable to handle so many units. It kept throwing strength 4 and 5 units against the maginot line and Brussels where it was a simple matter to destroy them. By keeping the Luftwaffe on low strength (by tempting the AI to use them against, well air-supported, expendable CAs/BBs) the AI simply used all it's mpps reinforcing them and not it's ground forces.

I suggest using minor countries to beef up AI income to help it cope with reinforcing so many units. Sweden/Romania for the Axis and Iraq/Ireland for the Allies. A word of caution... I have not yet played with any modifications (only DL your scenario today).

I do love the scenarios where the naval conflict is given a higher profile... just a shame the AI is so useless in that theatre :/

Thanks for such an entertaining mod! (I will try your cold war scenario when I have a spare month or two ;) )