Russia

Mr.Dozer

- at the russian border the nationality of the units doesn´t matter

- allied declarations of war only reduces the US readiness directly. But if otherwise Axis would have attacked the country before Barbarossa, then they save the russian (+US) readiness increase they had suffered if Allies had not dowed it

i mean im trying to reduce amount that russian prepares. i read you neeed one unit for each ally. i guess that its one for Itally, one for Hungary, one for Romania and one for Bulgaria. When having one unit on border say all allies except finland is on, i need 5 units right. so does the minor country units count for that or i heard from someone they dont to just move them to border.

Also a counter strategy to that i thought of is allies declare war on finland so the units are close to border making russia enter sooner, or is that incorrect.

A Strategic Command course can be found at Panzerliga where also the basic stuff for SC multiplayer is explained:

http://www.panzerliga.de/en/docs/lehrgang/lehrg_sc_grundlagen.php

Here an excerpt concerning russian readiness:

"To keep the Russian war readiness low at least one unit needs to be placed in one of the two border cities after Poland surrendered. From October 1940 on there should be 3 units stationed at the eastern border and that in the following manner:

1. The city of Königsberg must be occupied.

2. One of the two hexes southeast or northeast of Warschau needs to be occupied.

3. The last (third) unit can be placed anywhere at the 9 border hexes. But it must be stationed on German soil (not Rumanian) and exactly on the border (e.g. north of Königsberg) - not even one hex away.

Units in Romania are irrelevant for the Russian war readiness. Actually you need the three units first when the allies (Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, possibly Spain) join, but we are no clairvoyants and they join randomly from November 1940 on (thus the units from October onwards). In the case that the Axis allies won't join for some reasons (i.e. Spain not neutral anymore) you need the 3 units latest in January 1941. Units stationed in Romania are irrelevant for the Russian war readiness.

If there are not enough units at the border (or too many, but that will normally first happen shortly before Barbarossa, the German attack on Russia.) the Russian war readiness increases by 10% per turn. With sufficient units it increases by 0% ! From June 22 on the Russian war readiness increases by 2-6% randomly per turn independently from what you do - otherwise you would never have a war with Russia."

BTW: Allies can´t do anything to bring in Russia earlier in the war (attacking Finland has also no effect), this is completely dependent on the axis actions.

[ November 14, 2005, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Terif ]

not placing the 3 units on the border starting with oct 40 leads to increased war readiness for russia ... increased war readiness leads to anger - anger leads to the dark side ... simple, eh? :D

Beware not to clog the border prior to Barbarossa - keep troops in the rear (not within 3 hexes range from the russian border) and move them in attacking position when russian war readiness is closing to 90% or even 85+ if u want to be very safe.

'From June 22 on the Russian war readiness increases by 2-6% randomly per turn '

Terif, as I knew, russian readiness increases 1-4% after 22 june 41, until 42 (not counting readiness increases as an effect of Axis' DOWs on minors) . Is it really 2-6%, or 2-6% is from DOWs ??? Cuz i've seen even 7% increases from DOWs'

Mr. Boozer - you'd better check Terif's link - terif posted some time ago valuable tips for playing the game; You might as well perform a search in this forum for other strategy threads - a lot of tips , trust me.

Have fun dude!

@Hellraiser:

Yes, it is exactly 2-6% each turn (i.e. 1-3% each half turn). At 90%+ it goes up 5% each half turn, Russia joins exactly with 100% (same as Italy and USA).

That´s the reason why you can wait with moving your units in attack position vs Russia until readiness is at 87% or above. With 86% or lower, readiness can´t hit the 90% mark since the maximum readiness increase until the allied turn is 3% when ending the turn.

So with 87%+ you move your units to the border and can safely attack Russia the next turn smile.gif .

Starting in January 1942 russian readiness jumps up much faster (up to around 15%/turn), so you can´t delay Barbarossa longer than spring 1942 and in this time frame you risk getting surprised by Russia if you are not careful ;) .

Declarations of war are independent of the natural russian readiness increase. Normal nations like Norway, Sweden, Vichy, Spain, Greece increase russian readiness 3-7%, i.e. in average 5%/DoW.

[ November 17, 2005, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

• 3 weeks later...