Ryder Cup 2004: Archibald vs JerseyJohn

Archibald

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Rambo, Arngrim & Dutch Army -- Glad you guys are enjoying it -- good advice, I've told my customers to put everything on hold because I'm playing damn it and packed the wife off to stay with her mother till the game is done. Fortunately her mother lives with us so I won't have to go the K-ration route and my customers are accustomed to being let down. :D

Bid accepted was:

UK 175

USSR 1,400

-- Same as our previous game, when I had the Axis.

[ April 27, 2004, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

General Rambo, Arngrim & Dutch Army -- Glad you guys are enjoying it -- good advice, I've told my customers to put everything on hold because I'm playing damn it and packed the wife off to stay with her mother till the game is done. Fortunately her mother lives with us so I won't have to go the K-ration route and my customers are accustomed to being let down. :D

Bid accepted was:

UK 175

USSR 1,400

-- Same as our previous game, when I had the Axis.

[ April 27, 2004, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

"Gentlemen, it's all well and good to enjoy this lull in the war, but we can be certain of one thing, The Hun is up to something! What he will do, and where he will do it, only Hitler can answer, and we are not on speaking terms with the fellow."

one_b_one.jpg

"Gentlemen, it's all well and good to enjoy this lull in the war, but we can be certain of one thing, The Hun is up to something! What he will do, and where he will do it, only Hitler can answer, and we are not on speaking terms with the fellow."

one_b_one.jpg

11 Aug 40

The Morning After the Battle Before

lb42-17.jpg

Despite Churchill's bombast, the reality of England's position is beginning to sink in for the occupants of that beleagured isle.

Bested in every contest with the Reich, England has no more cards to play.

Germany's cards are however strong and many.

khefte2.jpg

Our patience is running out...

[ April 28, 2004, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Archibald ]

11 Aug 40

The Morning After the Battle Before

lb42-17.jpg

Despite Churchill's bombast, the reality of England's position is beginning to sink in for the occupants of that beleagured isle.

Bested in every contest with the Reich, England has no more cards to play.

Germany's cards are however strong and many.

khefte2.jpg

Our patience is running out...

[ April 28, 2004, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Archibald ]

"Now Lads, if Gerry does come it will be from that general dirction, what the Aye-ties used to call Gual. Now we don't want any heroics, just get on the radio, tell us what you see and don't start shooting till you either get orders or old Adolf is standing right in front of you."

British%20Tommies.gif

[ April 27, 2004, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

"Now Lads, if Gerry does come it will be from that general dirction, what the Aye-ties used to call Gual. Now we don't want any heroics, just get on the radio, tell us what you see and don't start shooting till you either get orders or old Adolf is standing right in front of you."

British%20Tommies.gif

[ April 27, 2004, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]