THE SC WORLD CHAMPION LADDER : MAY 2003

88mm

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wachtmeister Allies + 225 loses to Rambo Axis. Marathon game ended in early '45, but Allies could not overcome the combination of long range air and advanced subs, even with advanced sonar. Rambo had a good strategy that I could not effectively counter. Low spotting ranges and no jet tech until late '44 really hurt in the west. UK finally got level 1 air two turns before the end.

Wachtmeister Allies + 225 loses to Rambo Axis. Marathon game ended in early '45, but Allies could not overcome the combination of long range air and advanced subs, even with advanced sonar. Rambo had a good strategy that I could not effectively counter. Low spotting ranges and no jet tech until late '44 really hurt in the west. UK finally got level 1 air two turns before the end.

Wow, what a long game versus Wachtmeister! He came close to turning the corner, but my subs bailed me out.

Early days: Wachtmeister held France til Summer '40 with very little British help. I didn't loose any units which was good, because I knew the Brits were up to something since they didn't sacrifice any units in France.

Mid days: I banged out the usual suspects Norway, Sweden, Greece, VF, Yugo, didn't consider a SeaLion because the Brits were at full strength.

My plan: I tried a little different plan. Instead of burying a bunch of money into Jet-tech, I put my tech into: tanks, rockets, heavy-bombers, & subs. I use this strategy ever now & then. I hate to build tech for what the Allies want.

I got Heavy-Tanks-13 & gave the Russians a treat. Push them back quickly. The Brits held Egypt & took Iraq/Ireland shortly after. I avoided the Brits & banged the Red Army back to the Volga in the South. Actually avoided the North. My airforce (Bombers & Fighters) took target practice on the Russian mines.

Things were going well until the Allies pulled a counter-attack on all fronts (including Tobruk). Russians had gotten Anti-tank-12 which nullified my Panzers. German infantry were get smacked hard so I ran like hell. Gave alot of territory back to the Russians.

With a 3-front war, I was slowly getting beat back, so I decided to close one of them out in conjunciton with the Eastern pull-back. My subs hit the British navy in the Med. & the Atlantic/North Sea. I sent a swarm of subs! I got the carriers!

Once the British Navy was bashed in, everything was sent towards Moscow. I sold all my old tech & stuffed more chits on anti-tank to even the tech effect in the East. With a strong concentration of force, Russia would fold.

Game was a Marathon...Didn't re-gain the momentum until late 1944. Wachtmeister played well.

[ May 09, 2003, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Wow, what a long game versus Wachtmeister! He came close to turning the corner, but my subs bailed me out.

Early days: Wachtmeister held France til Summer '40 with very little British help. I didn't loose any units which was good, because I knew the Brits were up to something since they didn't sacrifice any units in France.

Mid days: I banged out the usual suspects Norway, Sweden, Greece, VF, Yugo, didn't consider a SeaLion because the Brits were at full strength.

My plan: I tried a little different plan. Instead of burying a bunch of money into Jet-tech, I put my tech into: tanks, rockets, heavy-bombers, & subs. I use this strategy ever now & then. I hate to build tech for what the Allies want.

I got Heavy-Tanks-13 & gave the Russians a treat. Push them back quickly. The Brits held Egypt & took Iraq/Ireland shortly after. I avoided the Brits & banged the Red Army back to the Volga in the South. Actually avoided the North. My airforce (Bombers & Fighters) took target practice on the Russian mines.

Things were going well until the Allies pulled a counter-attack on all fronts (including Tobruk). Russians had gotten Anti-tank-12 which nullified my Panzers. German infantry were get smacked hard so I ran like hell. Gave alot of territory back to the Russians.

With a 3-front war, I was slowly getting beat back, so I decided to close one of them out in conjunciton with the Eastern pull-back. My subs hit the British navy in the Med. & the Atlantic/North Sea. I sent a swarm of subs! I got the carriers!

Once the British Navy was bashed in, everything was sent towards Moscow. I sold all my old tech & stuffed more chits on anti-tank to even the tech effect in the East. With a strong concentration of force, Russia would fold.

Game was a Marathon...Didn't re-gain the momentum until late 1944. Wachtmeister played well.

[ May 09, 2003, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

88mm:

Interesting question. My losses that vary, put me quite far back though I have beaten two seperate players one that higher rated than me and another that is the #6 position. How does one figure your exact location in the rankings? Losses/wins move you by a Math equation? Or, the level rated player you've beaten moves you?

88mm:

Interesting question. My losses that vary, put me quite far back though I have beaten two seperate players one that higher rated than me and another that is the #6 position. How does one figure your exact location in the rankings? Losses/wins move you by a Math equation? Or, the level rated player you've beaten moves you?

Dunno exactly what you mean. See the rules how it works. Hey, these aren't my rules and i know one thing; the rules suck :D

Anyway, i am alomst 3 weeks here and still haven't find a game-mate. The ladder doesn't attract me also as it is. So i am seriously considering to pass the ladder to someone else.

Volunteers?

Dunno exactly what you mean. See the rules how it works. Hey, these aren't my rules and i know one thing; the rules suck :D

Anyway, i am alomst 3 weeks here and still haven't find a game-mate. The ladder doesn't attract me also as it is. So i am seriously considering to pass the ladder to someone else.

Volunteers?

88:

That's kinda a bit foolish. Don't take on responsability you don't intend to carry through with. That's something I did as a kid.

This will likely lead to the dismemberment of the Ladder. I think a Round Robin Tourney, run by all interested parties will have to suffice in the near future. I'll present some ideas later.

88:

That's kinda a bit foolish. Don't take on responsability you don't intend to carry through with. That's something I did as a kid.

This will likely lead to the dismemberment of the Ladder. I think a Round Robin Tourney, run by all interested parties will have to suffice in the near future. I'll present some ideas later.