THE SC WORLD CHAMPION LADDER : MAY 2003

88mm

Comrade Trapp and Maximillian214,

you're both out of luck. Who's to blame is hard to tell, since there's no evidence that we can look at in the "opponents finder...". Since the arrangement is done through IRc we never know the thruth, will we ?

Therefor i shall leave actions behind. However, it seems that the rules aren't covering this issue completely. So i suggest that the player who accepts a ladder-game, will post it in a new topic that i will make; "SC Ladder-games in progess". When this is done, any player knows where to find their opponent and noone gets "lost". So, in the future when you can't reach your opponent, simply post a message in the "SC Ladder-games in progess""topic the reporter of the game made. I shall also announce it in a seperate post to all of us.

Signed, 88mm

Verdict:

Comrad Trapp : Not guilty

Maximillian214 : Not guilty

[ May 04, 2003, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: 88mm ]

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Comrade Trapp and Maximillian214,

you're both out of luck. Who's to blame is hard to tell, since there's no evidence that we can look at in the "opponents finder...". Since the arrangement is done through IRc we never know the thruth, will we ?

Therefor i shall leave actions behind. However, it seems that the rules aren't covering this issue completely. So i suggest that the player who accepts a ladder-game, will post it in a new topic that i will make; "SC Ladder-games in progess". When this is done, any player knows where to find their opponent and noone gets "lost". So, in the future when you can't reach your opponent, simply post a message in the "SC Ladder-games in progess""topic the reporter of the game made. I shall also announce it in a seperate post to all of us.

Signed, 88mm

Verdict:

Comrad Trapp : Not guilty

Maximillian214 : Not guilty

[ May 04, 2003, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: 88mm ]

88mm

No problem, as I said in my e-mail to you I will support your decision, whatever it may be, 100%.

I will edit all my posts with the exception of my formal complaint which I have a right to post as stated in the rules.

Comrade Trapp

[ May 04, 2003, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

88mm

No problem, as I said in my e-mail to you I will support your decision, whatever it may be, 100%.

I will edit all my posts with the exception of my formal complaint which I have a right to post as stated in the rules.

Comrade Trapp

[ May 04, 2003, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

Iron Ranger Consedes to Rambo (axis) with a bid of 150 MPPs.

Game was ended due to unknown bug. "second conquest of capital". Thought this bug only applied to France because after Paris is liberated it rejoins the allies as an 'active' country. I (we) were wrong - it applies to any country liberted ( don't think you recive a second set of plunder). If a capital is liberated and you marched over any hex's to gain controll and supply through these hex's then lose the capital again (reconquest) ALL hex's in that country that you do not have a unit on (ZOC no good) revert to the concoring power - leaving any of your units out of suppy and unable to operate out.

This bug is partically bad in larger countrys where you will need to trace large lines of supply (In this case Norway and a British army group traped in the MTs). Watch out for it in France, Norway, Spain, and the Balkins mostly.

[ May 05, 2003, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Iron Ranger ]

Iron Ranger Consedes to Rambo (axis) with a bid of 150 MPPs.

Game was ended due to unknown bug. "second conquest of capital". Thought this bug only applied to France because after Paris is liberated it rejoins the allies as an 'active' country. I (we) were wrong - it applies to any country liberted ( don't think you recive a second set of plunder). If a capital is liberated and you marched over any hex's to gain controll and supply through these hex's then lose the capital again (reconquest) ALL hex's in that country that you do not have a unit on (ZOC no good) revert to the concoring power - leaving any of your units out of suppy and unable to operate out.

This bug is partically bad in larger countrys where you will need to trace large lines of supply (In this case Norway and a British army group traped in the MTs). Watch out for it in France, Norway, Spain, and the Balkins mostly.

[ May 05, 2003, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Iron Ranger ]

Condor finally conceded against terif in a very close game, i was axis, bid 300. I did a good job in russia this time till i operated my planes to defend germany again, sigh. That only delayed my race east and didint stopped allies advance towards berlin and rome. Axis needs to knock out russia ASAP or all is lost.

Also if u dont punch the brits too much early in the game then when u r attacking russia they can come with 5 airfleets level 5 and u r in trouble!, and that was terif did. Perfect timing and powerful invasion when axis is not ready to cope with.

Condor finally conceded against terif in a very close game, i was axis, bid 300. I did a good job in russia this time till i operated my planes to defend germany again, sigh. That only delayed my race east and didint stopped allies advance towards berlin and rome. Axis needs to knock out russia ASAP or all is lost.

Also if u dont punch the brits too much early in the game then when u r attacking russia they can come with 5 airfleets level 5 and u r in trouble!, and that was terif did. Perfect timing and powerful invasion when axis is not ready to cope with.

Concerning the game Condor mentioned (Condor = Axis, Terif = Allies)

Yes it was a very close game. Axis got Poland and France early. France surrendered in May 1940.

The UK scientists were celebrating with the money from government, but not researching. Axis reached Lv 4 jets soon after France, but UK remained at Lv 0. For over a year it was Lv4 against Lv0: one carrier lost at Norway, the ports at Scapa Flow and London reduced to supply lv 0 from german airstrikes and UK airfleets were hiding in Ireland ;) .

Fortunately UK managed to catch up until Russia entered the war. US entered early, cause Axis attacked and conquered every neutral except Turkey. So it was possible to launch a strong invasion. Russia had no chance to survive, they only were able to build a lot of corps, but still they lost Moscow soon. The siberians delayed Axis advance a bit.

On the other front, things went better for Allies: France and Low Countries had been liberated, US forces invaded Africa and entered Spain. As Allied forces conquered the first 3 german cities and marched towards Berlin, Axis made the deciding fault and operated their airfleets from Russia back to Germany. In the huge airbattles that followed, Germany lost most of them, but 3 UK air + 2 carriers survived.

Without airfleets in Russia the advance stopped. After the remaining airfleets retreated and operated back to the russian front, Ural and Stalingrad fell after the death of many russian corps ;) . All three russian capitals were Axis, but the last russians still fought in the Caucasus.

Meanwhile US, UK and french forces liberated Spain, Portugal, Norway and Sweden. The italians fought a last battle in their homeland and surrendered in 1944.

Russia would have surrendered in 2-3 turns, but it was too late. In the turn Berlin was captured, german forces conceded.

[ May 07, 2003, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Concerning the game Condor mentioned (Condor = Axis, Terif = Allies)

Yes it was a very close game. Axis got Poland and France early. France surrendered in May 1940.

The UK scientists were celebrating with the money from government, but not researching. Axis reached Lv 4 jets soon after France, but UK remained at Lv 0. For over a year it was Lv4 against Lv0: one carrier lost at Norway, the ports at Scapa Flow and London reduced to supply lv 0 from german airstrikes and UK airfleets were hiding in Ireland ;) .

Fortunately UK managed to catch up until Russia entered the war. US entered early, cause Axis attacked and conquered every neutral except Turkey. So it was possible to launch a strong invasion. Russia had no chance to survive, they only were able to build a lot of corps, but still they lost Moscow soon. The siberians delayed Axis advance a bit.

On the other front, things went better for Allies: France and Low Countries had been liberated, US forces invaded Africa and entered Spain. As Allied forces conquered the first 3 german cities and marched towards Berlin, Axis made the deciding fault and operated their airfleets from Russia back to Germany. In the huge airbattles that followed, Germany lost most of them, but 3 UK air + 2 carriers survived.

Without airfleets in Russia the advance stopped. After the remaining airfleets retreated and operated back to the russian front, Ural and Stalingrad fell after the death of many russian corps ;) . All three russian capitals were Axis, but the last russians still fought in the Caucasus.

Meanwhile US, UK and french forces liberated Spain, Portugal, Norway and Sweden. The italians fought a last battle in their homeland and surrendered in 1944.

Russia would have surrendered in 2-3 turns, but it was too late. In the turn Berlin was captured, german forces conceded.

[ May 07, 2003, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Iron Ranger over Liam<axis with 100?>

tough battle, Russians retook homeland by 43 and France was liberated by the Germans but US inf tech and Russian fighters made this is a tough game indeed...

Germans had a small window... development was toooooooo slow

Iron Ranger over Liam<axis with 100?>

tough battle, Russians retook homeland by 43 and France was liberated by the Germans but US inf tech and Russian fighters made this is a tough game indeed...

Germans had a small window... development was toooooooo slow

Regarding my last game against terif i must say that Goering was executed for stopping air development and let the allies bomber the fatherland also Mussolini was hung for surrendering, never trust the italians too much...

If i woulda continued the game germany woulda turned into Russia, with still finland and persia, egipt, axis minors and poland, 7 HQs and a lot of experienced troops i think i coulda resisted till the end, maybe with only russia land left, in that case, would that been a draw? or an allies victory?

Regarding my last game against terif i must say that Goering was executed for stopping air development and let the allies bomber the fatherland also Mussolini was hung for surrendering, never trust the italians too much...

If i woulda continued the game germany woulda turned into Russia, with still finland and persia, egipt, axis minors and poland, 7 HQs and a lot of experienced troops i think i coulda resisted till the end, maybe with only russia land left, in that case, would that been a draw? or an allies victory?