Cheat programs have ruined competitive SC

jon_j_rambo

I miss the days when SC was an innocent game. Nowadays, with people using FOW-Sniffer & MMP enhancers there's no point in playing.

It kind of like Sammy Sosa using steroids & corking his bat. You have no chance to compete or have doubt in every result. I just can't get my heart into the game.

I hope there isn't cheating in Heaven. Until then, Old Glory will be flown at half staff.

DTA (Don't Trust Anybody),

Camp Rambo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OUT

disp_os_halfstaff.jpg

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rambo

You know I back you up in most situations but this is getting ridiculous. I have not seen one shread of evidence that supports that a "FOW-sniffer" or "MMP-enhancer" exisits or that anyone here is using anything like that. In the year that I've been here, I have not played one person that I thought cheated, and I have played pretty much everybody at least once.

Give it a rest!

Comrade Trapp

J.P.Wagner, C-Trapp & Blashy --- Hey suckers, maybe ignorance is bliss, you guys live in a cave of something? You guys don't need to worry anyways, people aren't going to bust out their secrets on you.

Here's some free pointers on life:

1) There is a "FOW-Sniffer".

2) There is a "MMP-Enhancer".

3) There is a "Readiness-Pill" for troops.

(you think SC has some wrapper on it?)

4) There is anything you want to order on the SC menu, if you have the code breaker.

"Challenge Everything" --- Sony Playstation 2003.

"You Gotta Fight, For Your Right, To Party" --- Beastie Boys 1985.

D.T.A (Don't Trust Anybody),

Captain Smack >>> warning the ignorant

Rambo,

As I first posted, glad you notified everyone that there were/are cheat programs 'out there'. But who are you playing that this is constantly comming up? I see alot of AARs with Zapp and some others, is this a left handed way of saying something? I don't play even close to that number of games you do, but I have yet (I think) to see this problem. Could you be more specific!

Iron

BTW - Border units - 6 corps, two in citys - all withing 2 hexs of border - all above Soughern MT hexs - should work fine. Yes there is a 'sticky' area around when your miners join, but its minor. And 10% is nothing in Russian readiness, if it is then you've lost already, so just keep and eye on the readinees and adjust as required.

Breakdown - I'm sure you know this already - this is not perfect but works 95% of the time.

Before France - 1 corps in city

After France - 2 corps - in citys

After Baltic states die - 4 corps - 2 in city

before Hun & Rom - 6 corps - 2 in city

When Russia reachs 90% - operate all and give it the one big punch the next turn.

I havn't tested this, but by adding only a few extra units beyond this Russia will get mad and incress readiness by 10% per turn.

The bigest problem (that I've seen) is when france lasts a long time (LC gambit) and in one turn you get hit by; France falls, Minors join, Russia has or does absorve the Baltic states. Or any combination of these three.

[ December 01, 2003, 05:44 AM: Message edited by: Iron Ranger ]

Cheat codes may in fact be out there as Rambo points out. I was skeptical before but just did a Google search for "Strategic Command cheats" and was amazed to see entries pop up. "Trainer" appears to have SC files, at least for v1.06 and probably for v1.07.

Game Trainer: mytbfsettr.zip

A trainer is an executable program written by a third party that runs at the same time as a PC game, and allows you to access features or cheats that are normally not available. The trainer works by altering memory locations while you are playing the game. It is not supported by the game's developer or GameWinners.com.

This is very disturbing. It's worth highlighting a potential cheating problem for two reasons. One is to make players aware so they can choose their gaming buddies with more care. Find folks to play with who you trust and beware of open competition. Two is to make Hubert and other developers aware of this problem so they can hopefully implement countermeasures to stop this nonsense and possibly consider legal action.

Cheating and rumors of cheating are terribly corrosive. Honorable men have no reason to cheat.

To me it is simple. If you think someone is a cheater, don't play with that person. There are lots of players out there (most, in fact) that play for the enjoyment of the game and don't cheat. I am sure there are tools that help a person to cheat and people who will use those tools. If you encounter someone that you think is cheating or using such tools, then "Just say 'No'" and don't play with them.

Just highlights why I usually say to programmers, spend more time on developing good programming for PBEM purposes, and less time on pretty graphics which in no one way enhance the worth of a good wargame.

I am not perfect and I can lose wargames.

I expect the wargamers I play to be as imperfect as me.

If I play someone, and they play with perfection and precision and can do no wrong, and if I don't know them as one of the game's total genuises, it is likely I will not be so anxious to play that person so enthusiastically.

Software is just software eh.

I have seen SC being offered as a totally free downloadable game on several online locations.

It is just software in the end people.

Therefore, making a program to break it and allow cheating is just a matter of whether the programmer creating the cheat wishes to spend the energy to accomplish that goal.

It is just unfortunate that some people devote time and energy to goals such as that.

Especially when they could be spending their time and effort to improve the game, rather than doing something so cowardly.

Cheating is all about the person having a pathetic self worth issue.

Iron Ranger --- I'm not accusing anybody, it's the fact they exist, so I just don't trust. That's Life, the Real World. Maybe it's just me, but I don't trust 98% of the Lawyers, 60% Police, 99% Organized Religion, 95% Insurance Industry, 95% CarSalesPeople, 100% Politians, & 100% of the Media either. So where does that leave me? Maybe I'm hesistant to trust or maybe it's wisdom, or maybe it's somewhere in between. Guess things come down to what you believe as true. "What is Truth?" (P.Pilate to a Carpenter)is still the greatest question asked.

DragonHeart --- How will you know if your opponent is using a CheatProgram? If players have the ability to manipulate any of the values, at anytime, it's going to be hard to prove anything. Examples: Tweak the readiness or the combat charts so the outcomes hit the max value "here or there". Turn on the FOW-sniffer to know where the opponent is or just see the strength of their Air units. The answer would be, I would need to hook up a CheatProgram too, just so I could watch the values. Why not? If I gotta trust them, they gotta trust me, eh?

Bill M. --- I'm aware of the tool, but haven't pursued it. It's already be explained & discussed, so I'm probably kicking the DeadHorse.

Oak --- A clever person won't give themselves $50,000 MMPs or have a combat result go out of bounds. Just a friendly love push with the CheatProgram every now can be the difference. Same way the Americans beat the Japs at Midway. Anything that is narrow enough but significant to turn the tide to give the necessary margin of victory without being obvious. Plus, by having the tool, you wouldn't need to use it all the time. The fact you have it & can use is an edge itself.

Hubert --- When it comes to SC-2, if possible, can you add a feature to do "playbacks"? A menu option displaying combat charts & "dice rolls" would be cool too, if feasible.

Sidenote: Remember a GameSystem called SegaDreamCast? They were put out of business because of their codes being broken (games are free online).

Summary: Whether people like it or not, there is a war that battles everyday, between Good & Evil, Light & Dark...etc. Maybe I should be a preacher.

Legend

Summary: Whether people like it or not, there is a war that battles everyday, between Good & Evil, Light & Dark...etc. Maybe I should be a preacher.

Rambo...have you been watching Carnivale?

My point in the earlier post was simple...you have raised these issues previously and I do not doubt their validity...but it is up to Hubert to recognize them and attempt to make corrections in SC2...but who is to say that a new method of cheating will arise with SC2?....I have read many forums about many games where these cheating issues are also raised...it isn't so much that the games are capable of being cracked and cheats implemented, but that there will always be individuals who will make the attempt to create them...to these misguided people, it's as much a passion to hack a game as it is to simply play it....it's a sad state of human nature which unfortunately will never change.....

J.P. --- What's Carnivale? Is it a movie worth watching? Far as the state of humanity, I guess I take the attitude of Taylor in the movie Planet of the Apes. I did see Master & Commander last week, it was alright, not good as the SeaHawk with E.Flynn.

[ December 01, 2003, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

J.P. --- What's Carnivale? Is it a movie worth watching? Far as the state of humanity, I guess I take the attitude of Taylor in the movie Planet of the Apes. I did see Master & Commander last week, it was alright, not good as the SeaHawk with E.Flynn.

Carnivale is an HBO series which pits the battle between good and evil set in a 1930's carny...one of the central characters is Brother Justin who has found preaching on the radio as a means to bring his flock together for the impending Apocalypse...Brother Justin appears to actually be a demon though the lines between heaven and hell are not clearly drawn in this story....Season One just concluded last night, and I found your final thoughts mirrored the show....just an uncanny coincidence....

J.P. --- Yes, I do quote alot of one-lines from people & movies, but in this case...nobody has a monopoly on "battle between good & evil, light & dark". Walk into most any independent fundamental Baptist-Like-Church & you'll hear sermons start out that way. You know (or maybe you don't know), the likes of Billy Graham, J.Veron.McGee, Lester Rolloff, James Knox, the Vietnam Preacher Tim Lee (lost both his legs in 'Nam), the list goes on.

I had HBO a couple of years ago, when Band of Brothers came out. I saw a couple of episodes of "Curb Your Enthusiasm", funny. Saw a couple of Sapranos (spelling?), the Godfather/Goodfellas weekly.

Time to be a Legend at work,

Rambo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OUT the door

[ December 01, 2003, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Sidenote: Remember a GameSystem called SegaDreamCast? They were put out of business because of their codes being broken (games are free online).

Legend

Okay, I have read the entire Thread twice and I still cannot find a post from either Sidenote or Summary.

Were they deleted by the mods? :confused:

Cheating is a human weakness, and I think EVERYONE cheats at something.

Some of it is personal ie diets, some of it social ie taxes, some of it interelational ie games.

Now dieting only hurts us, and stuff like taxes I guess is just plain bad.

But when a person cheats another in a game, they have only harmed themselves.

I know I am friggin smart, and I don't need SC to prop up my ego frankly.

I can talk all day expertly on the second world war, and not worry about repeating myself.

Whether or not I win or lose in a game of SC is quite frankly unimportant to me.

I need only ask, did I have fun.

I have enjoyed even the games I lost, even that one game I reeeeeeally lost.

Maybe that makes me a much superior gamer even before the dice were rolling.

I pity gamers that cheat. Yep pity. All the cheaters out there have my pity. You are not as good as me, and you are pitiful.

After saying that, it becomes easy to deal with cheat programs. It's not like there is money involved eh.

If there was, we would be in the same room, with two computers lan linked with clean, monitored installs.

I don't myself understand getting all hot and bothered over "6 wasted hours". I have never found any of my wargaming hours wasted myself.

Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1:

I don't myself understand getting all hot and bothered over "6 wasted hours". I have never found any of my wargaming hours wasted myself.

I think Les has nailed it with this one.

I was wasted for 6 hours once. It certainly did not lessen my enjoyment of war games! ;)

Originally posted by boninza:

someone has the same problem, that you are not able to move the mouse to the left side.

i have this problem only with the same players.

I had that same problem!

What you do is:

1) Lift the mouse off the desk

2) Slide the desk to the left more

3) Put the mouse down

Now you should be in the middle of the desk!

Hope this Helps!

:D

Added on: 2002-08-03 Size: 128.22 Kb

Number of downloads: 84

-- Download the trainer --

A trainer is a third-party program that lets you turn on and off certain features in the game. For example, you may be able to turn on/off unlimited money, unlimited lives and so on. The + means how many options the trainer has. Example: Civilization trainer +3 could be 1 for unlimited lives, 2 for money, 3 for health etc. (3 options).

The trainer must be running in the background as you are playing the game. For best results, start the game and begin playing. Then switch back to Windows (press ALT + TAB) and run the trainer program.

Select the desired options and switch back to the game. Do not CLOSE the trainer until you are finished playing the game. Since trainers are written to alter SPECIFIC memory locations, they usually only work with specific versions of the game. This is the most common problem when trainers

seems to be "not working".

Most of the trainers are in ACE, ZIP or RAR files. You'll need an unzipping utility, to decompress them. (Example: winace, winzip, winrar)

All these trainers are virus checked, but we are not responsible for any damage or data loss that can cause by this files. We cannot provide support for these files so please do not ask us for assistance ! Use this file at your own risk.

84 downloads? If anyone on here does use this trainer or any other cheat during multiplayer games, they had better hope to god that their name doesn't come out on this forum.

Oh well, nothing we can do about it. I agree with Sarge, pity the poor bastards that use this ****. If they feel the need to cheat on the internet, they obviously are trying to make up for something they lack in real life. ;)

Comrade Trapp