Increasing USA join % instead of bid system.

Blashy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see someone else giving it a try.

I think there's a lot to be said for this, but getting the right percentages is always going to be tricky.

Until the USA and USSR join in it's up to the Brits to harass the Axis so that they aren't in too strong a position come mid 1941 when the Axis can start invading minors en masse. In the meantime the Axis have less resources than usual with which to prepare for Barbarossa and conquering the minors.

Another thing that could be added in is giving the UK 1 chit that must be put into IT research, something I advocate for most games as the UK will rarely invest in IT otherwise, it generally not being considered worthwhile.

The bidding system is a little bit jaded. The Axis end up with two scenarios here. If they did a perfect France it's likely with luck UK and USA are in check and D-Day is impossible or a Norway, N.African sideshow...or even possiblt LC Rhine Death attempt...

The Russians usually end up with enough MPPs to make manuevers which is very ahistorical. They can invade Turkey, Finland and Germany in some instances depending on the Western Front.

Increasing War Readiness is one answer, I have another, how about Historical Entry for USSR ;) With some extra Bonus Corps ONLY to the French and that's it. That way the Allies can hold France till July or Aug Latest. That way, Germany has to finish off Norway, Vichy maybe... They will likely have to for go Spain for Sweden and then hit Sweden later. They will have to focus like a beam on the MidEast and clean it up and a good UK Corps defense there can take awhile... Now with a much smaller bid for the Reds...They can't just decide to cookieCutter Turkey, Finland, Iraq themselves, they have to defend. Though likewise the Germans are just barely taking all their Minors giving the UK USA the time it needs to hit hard and hit fast. The Reds will be near falling but the UK Carriers and Fighters along with the USAF will be crack and be snapping the back of France and Germany.. Spain remaining neutral will even out the MPPs. Perhaps even a houserule no Invasion of Spain ;)

That would definitely cut down the MPP Imbalance... Lots of Ideas but I really look forward to installment II

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

USA is screwed up because of bias. Crank up the Navy, Air Force, Army, Paratroops, Bombers, & the cash.

Face it the US is less important then GB, France, the Balkan of Africa. tongue.gif

If you don´t believe me, well play a little bit Sc and learn ....

The AI really is dumb, I put it at 60% USA/USSR and still managed to win.

But I'm sure that the range is in the 50-60% range.

Rambo, imagine USA joining early and you can ramp up the MPPs. It's pretty nice to have 10 USA armies with 2 HQs without it being gameover for the allies.

One thing I enjoy is that it is not possible to do a full front for either Germany or Soviets, you know, the troops lining up all accross Russia from north to south, I find that silly.

Another thing, they make tanks a much needed weapon for the germans. You find yourself in basically the same situation they were in WW2, running for supplies.

I would really like to see 2 experienced players try this. Or myself try 60% against Terif, cookie cutter that jack! tongue.gif

Well, we will see how this plays out....

Increase in join percentage for rusia is round about 5-6% for every DOW

Starting with 50% => 6 DOWs before Barbarossa

LC, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Vichy, Spain ....

Barba will kick of beginning of July/ August ;)

I think this looks like a fun game for the Axis

Well, I've never taken Spain @ 50% . It makes it jump more than the usual, no?

I've taken, Denmark, LC, Norway, Sweden, Vichy and Greece.

I'm more and more convinced 50% for both still won't be enough vs. an experienced player. 60% seems to be more balanced. But starting at 50% will give a good idea.

@Somebra --- No kidding the USA means little in SC. We both know what happened in real life. Wolfgang got sunk the Atlantic, shotdown over the Channel, & headcracked by Patton......then it was bombs away. I addressed this issue 3-years ago, but nothing was done. USA has the best men, materials, & fighting spirit in the world.

-Legend

Nice HDO by Sombra, come on Ruskies, gimme 6% per DoW by Axis, I'm a rookie at this game damn it, I need a break smile.gif .

Rambo, I have to agree with you on this, USA is short changed in SC, it was a productin giant. Even Yamamoto said "We've awaken a sleeping giant" He was the only one with half a brain not for DoW vs. USA. And then they screw up Pearl Harbour by not sending out the second waive OR blowing up the oil wells. I'm sure Yamamoto knew it was definitly over after that.

USA should easily have triple in MPPs. That would be 540 per turn. But a proper solution might be to increase USA join % so they get plenty of time to prepare.

U.S. Troops were the fastest to rally in World War II, nobody matched our ability to raise the morale as quickly.

The U.S. Navy was absolutely awesome in WW-2, as they are today. Our leadership on the seas from both a micro & macro level is incredible. Name it: Carriers, subs, destoryers, whatever. Actions at Midway, D-Day, Atlantic Ocean, Pacific, anywhere baby! U.S. Navy rules, the best in the HISTORY OF THE WORLD.

and the crowd chanted,"USA, USA, USA".

Captain Jon J. Rambo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OUT

I'll give you the navy hooply.

But fastest to rally, that title goes to Canada, for WW1 and WW2. A country of less than 20 million both times had an enlistment % higher and faster than any other country.

Everyone was surprised at how fast canada was combat ready and in combat.

Lets give credit were credit is due here.

Ok the valiant defenders of Poland run like cowards. Denmark was not reinforced.

The mighty Germans conquer therefore: Denmark, LC, and Poland in turn2 .

German subs surprise a battleship in the Atlantik unfortunatly it survives.

Classic HDO until now.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

USA is screwed up because of bias. Crank up the Navy, Air Force, Army, Paratroops, Bombers, & the cash.

Rambo the US was an sleeping industrial giant but really powerful regarding its army in the beginning

One sub gets attacked and hit twice.

Minor countries are left to their own devices. UK/France have enough trouble gathering resources for themselves. France is left alone defending itself.

It shows when you play people who've played this game for a long time and studied it.

Well, France is left alone . Not even a Britishmen is seen in France.

France defense smashed open at the Blodhex and a German tank moves in. Paris seems undefended. Elbowhex taken.

Manstein takes command. Whole german army moves into position. Further casualties for France is an army shoot down to strengh 1. A british battleship is sunk and german subs raid the waters again. ETA in Paris is around end of April

I'm definitly sure 65% USA / USSR would most likely work.

I've been playtesting it over and over with 60%. Of course with the AI as allies it's not that difficult...

Still, I manage to have 13+ german corps in France for D-Day, I have 7 AFs, 4 tanks, 5 Armies and 20+ Italian corps on the Russian border.

The only territories not taken are Spain, Portugal and Egypt.

This last game I even DoW on Turkey with Tanks and Armies while using Italian Corps and Axis Minors to cover the Russian border with 7 AFs.

As you can see even at 60%, it is still pretty easy to have one huge army before D-Day and the MPPs for Axis is very close to Allies.

I tell you it is a lot more fun than just carving up Europe and then waiting for the mass MPP spending by Russia. It has more of a feel of the situation Germany was in during WW2.

65% playtest up next. I'll let you know.