Anyone know of an "airfield air attack scenario"?

...or does anyone care? What I have in mind is a battle that represents an air attack on an airfield. It would definitely be for solo play only. Trucks tagged for "Should Exit for Points" could be used to represent scrambling fighters. The map would represent the airfield, facilities and AA installations.

I've done similar "one side gets airplanes only" scenarios as novice design exercises for CMBO & CMBB, but with those I used convoys crossing defended bridges...they can be worthwhile if you're up for some CM movie watching, but not too much else. My son seemed to get a kick out of them...he was 10 years old at the time, though.

Just curious if anyone else had tried something similar.

[i tried a subject search for "airfield" but it came up null.]

junk2drive:

I thought I remembered something along the lines of the "taxi" scenario, but that brief initial search I did was no help.

Lucho:

The CMAK scenario "Forgotten Outpost" has something similar: Commandos vs Italian airfield.

Hans:

You've got to have some moving targets on the ground to spice things up.

As I mentioned from the top, the two I've done previously were primarily design exercises, although they did teach me the important lesson that anything larger than light AA cannons...say, 40 mm or so...will not engage ground attack aircraft. I also found out that exitted units can still get blasted on the turn they exit. And really interesting things happen to units that are on a bridge tile when it gets demolished.

Battle of Crete the 2nd day (?) The Germans were landing JU-52s while the NewZealanders were still over looking at the runway. I figured a scenario where trucks appeared as reinforcements in full view of the allies could represent this. The first turn of arrivial the German must give them a "FAST" command to the end of the runway. The surviving soldiers were rushed directly in to the line.

This hasn't been done but it would be cool.