AAR SC Z-League: Zappsweden (Axis) vs Terif (Allies).

zappsweden

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

December 1943:

Allies reach the outskirts of Oslo and hold it against Axis counter attack.

In the eastern front, Russia fell back around the Volga. Russian mines around Dnepr under attack. Suddenly all air in Russia went silent. Where can they be.....

February 1944:

Axis had operated air to Riga and attacked with 8 air fleets across Sweden. One Allied air killed.

In the east, the offensive is sllowing down though Axis took their first mine.

[ June 28, 2003, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Mars 1944:

The second mine was attacked but held. Brest still Allied with a US battleship assisting the defenders. Scapa flow controlled by an allied corps.

Allied withdrew all air from Sweden. Axis goes on the offensive! Sweden is now swarmed with units landing in the south. Axis are pulling up a transport outside Stockholm.

[ June 28, 2003, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

April 1944:

Axis have massive air support over Sweden. and Allied are taking big losses. With that air support Sweden will be taken within 3 turns.

Still, the second mine hold in Russia. Axis offensive have halted entirely.

Scapa flow reconquered by Axis and the fleeing transport is sunk by Axis navy.

[ June 28, 2003, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

April 30, 1944:

No chance to stand against 8 german airfleets in Sweden. Russia tries to evacutate as much as possible.

Near Rostov a last surprising US/russian counteroffensive begun. But German armies there are too experienced, so they lost no unit. All 5 airfleets attacked Rundstedt Hq, but unfortunately it survived, its death could have turned the tide for at least a while, but now the end of Allies is near...

[ June 28, 2003, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

May 1943:

The entrenched Rundstedt was on strength 3 after the last attack. Even if Rundstedt was destroyed I have plenty of HQ's on the map to relpace him. At the moment I have no lack of HQ's, rather I have lack of units to put under their command.

Sweden liberated!

Only one Russian Army managed to escape from Sweden. Both Russian HQ destroyed in Sweden. Some remaining Russian forces without supply.

[ June 28, 2003, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

May 28, 1944:

Yes, Axis forces are now too overwhelming. Too much mpp against Allies now.

In Sweden 4 armies, 2 Hqs (including Zhukov with 4 medals)and a couple of corps lost in the last 2 turns.

Now its only a matter of time until the mpp advantage and experience of Axis kills the remaining allied forces.

[ June 28, 2003, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Brest abandoned after both german cruisers started bombarding.

Both sides are now standing 3-5 hexes or more away from each other (except Sevastopol). A deadly corridor between them ;) . Allies and Axis are buying each an airfleet per turn..

Mars, 1945:

Axis attack Sevastopol port with Bomber and air. Axis navy is bombarding Malta momentarily but wthdraws (fearing enemy air). US Battleship is attacked by one Axis air fleet outside Portugal.

[ June 28, 2003, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Yes, indeed! Interesting Thread!!!

Time allowances to build 10-15 airfleets? I don't think I've ever had such a game in my life. Nor even seen an instance where someone had enough of a break to do that!

I don't care what people say about Russia being easy. Those Siberians are whoop ass when your Germans run out of steam and especially if they expand