"Return of the Allies"

SeaMonkey

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, was not able to retrieve it being that it was found with a virus. Was trying to send you an e-mail but could not get through. So Had to post here. you can try agian if you like? I would not know if it was lying to me? Said a virus that could not be fixed. found by norton.

• 3 weeks later...

Agent, I'll have to catch you in the AM...I'm in the Lab tonight...all alone with test tubes...Oh! Oh!Oh!..Oh!

After I've sent out about 40 emails of this campaign, your SC brethren have only posted about 5 winners, must have been too tough.

They think this one's tough, wait until I'm finished with the new one against the Allied AI, currently in testing. ;)

OK. So I've won several times (with exp. bonus and no Allied units in Russia).

This scenario is tough and FUN!

I can beat it consistently at +0, but it's about 50/50 with +1 bonus. I've yet to win with AI +2--Russia falls faster than the proverbial prom dress...

If you can "experience up" the Allied carriers while taking back the UK (as opposed to having them sunk...) the latter stages of the game go smoothly along the traditional "Allied ueber carrier" lines. The naval warfare aspect of the beginning of this scenario is the best I've played. A real "Battle of the Atlantic!"

Trying to hang on in Russia is what's tough.

Thanks to Brad for a great job!

Your welcome SB,

Actually I had a lot of fun making this one and since the feedback was so good I have embarked upon my last SC1 custom, "No Peace in Our Time". It pits the human player against the Allied AI and has proven very tough to balance...like no chance for the Axis, but it goes the length of the SC timetable. I just need to make sure there is a remote possibility the human Axis player can eek out a victory somehow, which I'm not convinced of...yet.

As always there will be an historical context for this "what if", the idea coming from the 2 volume set of "Hitler's War".

Unfortunately with GG's World at War coming out at the end of the month, future digestions of this SC engine are off the periscope. But it is just a diversion until SC2 comes out as I'm sure it will be the definitive grand strategic WW2 wargame for a long time to come.

• 2 weeks later...