Vietnam Scenarios

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent most of this morning perusing ebay for NVA and VC uniforms. Nothing was standard until 1967. I picked Andrew's NA tropical Italians for a khaki tan look for pre-67 uniforms.

I modded an M16

m16.JPG

Still working on grasses. Here is CMAK grass as brush. Unfortunately, woods undergrowth uses the same bmp.

vngrass3.JPG

For Lucho and anyone else, at cmmods:

The M16 and Mitchell pattern helmet covers.

Vietnam NVA uniforms tan for Heer troops. Andrew Fox's tropical Italian uniform mod, renumbered for late war German troops. I added a canteen from a pic on the internet. Sorry about the goggles on CO's. Includes helmets from BFC CMBB Soviets. Color choice based on use of French uniforms, but other colors were used prior to 1967.

Backup your files. Use McMMM and Chinese Korea flags and icons until I do a Nam set.

Hi,

Just downloaded the Pacific Mod...as I recall for CMAK you just drop the BMPs in the BMP folder right? After backing up the other files of course :D

Are there any Pacific scenarios...I remember MikeT made some good ones for his CMBO Pac mod...are those going the be translated to CMAK?

I may have to try the Korea mod too, are there any scenarios for that?

Mac or PC?

For PC you can unzip or extract them into the bmp folder but then it is not easily reversable.

If you are only going to have one install of CMAK, I suggest McMMM and swap the mods in and out. I have a ETO, PTO, and Korea install and still use McMMM for some changes.

Hans has a few PTO battles and ops at TSD, and is working on some Korea and Vietnam ones.

you say you dl'd THE Pacific mod. The CMBO Pacific mod will not work in CMAK. If you mean MY mods under junk2drive in the CMAK section of cmmods, then ok.

Mike, Japanzer, and the rest of the Pacific team did a great job and were my inspiration.

If cmmods stays up and running, there are two mods that start with "VN". The M16 with helmet covers and the tan NVA uniforms.

The ASarge grassy ground is good for lots of locals like Korea and Vietnam. I am still testing the other stuff like the AK47 amd M60. Anything particular you are looking for?

For Korea, Hans' wip battle is Jul43 and looks great with Gurra's dirty open ground mod. I have a set of BFC LW unis renumbered for MW just for this purpose.

If all goes well tonight, I will upload those unis, for PTO a jungle camo M13-M14 Italian tankette. I am working on PTO IJA field guns.

Uploaded tonight.

Viet Cong uniforms for mid and late war Italians.

Flags and last seen icons, German NVA, Italian VC, French ARVN.

Use my Korea US green mid war uniforms for ARVN French green, or Andrew's US mid war for tan.

M113 APC side bmp for Brit Stuart Recce late. Thanks to Wicky for the wheels.

I have uploaded USA uniforms at cmmods.

BFC USA uniforms with a green undershirt and green pant legs. I added a grenade and smoke grenade on squads only.

Includes green tank crews, infantry and airborne. No helmets. Mid and Late war.

Back up your files. Thanks to Andrew Fox for the tshirt. Nice guy that will give you the shirt off his virtual back.

vn_usa_green.JPG

[ November 07, 2004, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: junk2drive ]

Another uniform at cmmods.

NVA as Heer infantry Mid War Italy. Andrew Fox's CMBB Romanian summer uniforms renumbered for CMAK. Use for infantry and unidentified infantry in Vietnam scenarios.

Back up your files. Use McMMM to swap them with Korea mods.

Most Korea and Vietnam scenarios will use SMG and LMG squads for Communist troops. Unidentified infantry will show as Heer unless you mod them.

Two scenarios from me soon. More from Hans in the works.

New Vietnam battles at TSD. DZXray CMAK and Brer Rabbit Vietnam.

2 new mods. US M113 tanker uniform to replace the Brit suit, and a new Axis small arms pack with the AK47.

The tanker is from my US green Vietnam mod pictured above and will replace the tan jumpsuit on the British tanker.

The small arms pack can be used in Vietnam, Korea and any post WWII 3rd world country scenario. Like Hans' AIW small battles.