Scenario depot is sending an SOS

Folbec

Front page of the depot :( :

Save The Depot!

September 16, 2004

This couldn't come at a worse possible time. My ISP's fee is up for renewal and my job is moving to India without me on September 30, 2004, making this expense difficult to justify. Therefore, I am making an appeal to the Combat Mission community to make a financial contribution to ensure the continuation of The Scenario Depot.

You can be confident that all contributions will be exclusively reserved and used only on direct expenses for the development, support, and maintenance of The Scenario Depot.

Use the Paypal button at the bottom of the menu on the left and show your support for The Scenario Depot.

The Scenario Depot is Saved!

I want to thank everyone who have generously contributed to not only the survival, but the longevity of the valuable Combat Mission resource. Your response has been overwhelming, and honestly, quite emotionally moving.

Once I economically get back on my feet, I will be allocating more time towards improvements (including numerous suggestions sent in by the authors and players).

Again, thank you very much.

Of course you are welcome, and thank you for the site.

Posted by me at tpg:

"I went ahead and donated to Keith, then figured while I'm at it, why not donate to Todd for CMMODS too. I sure have gotten my monies worth from these two sites. Send them the cost of a movie or concert ticket or pay per view."

A game from the site probably last longer than the above events.

Kudos for you all! I live in a rolled newspaper myself and don't have Paypal (or credit card), so I couldn't be of any help, but am grateful for those of you who have supported the Depot financially. Of course, Admiral himself has earned my eternal admiration for all the work and $$$$$ that he has devoted to the community.

Oh, and good job there, Nekander! Maybe I should let some of your Germans survive now...

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by simovitch:

the SD is truly essential for the perpetuation of this hobby.

Much truth in that statement.

Perhaps the good folk at BTS would not be adverse to playing host to the Depot ?

The CMHQ seems to be largely defunct now. Perhaps something can be arranged there ?

• 5 months later...

Donation made...

Now can we have back the feature that shows the most popular scenarios so I don't have to spend ages searching...

smile.gif

I hope you get a new job as I am deeply aware all IT professionals in the UK and USA can have their jobs moved to India.

I am an IT professional and share your undoubted frustration at the recent turn of events.

:(

Good Luck

H