Most Balanced Scenarios (CMAK)

I was curious what scenarios players have found to be most balanced. I have been playing mostly tournament games and quick battles. When I have played scenarios, it seems like they are often a bit unbalanced. Any stand out as particularly balanced in the view of others?

The most balanced one I have played (head to head) was probably Spaghetti Western.

Hi DD

Balance is often difficult to achieve especially in smaller scenarios where the loss of a key vehicle or a single mistake can wipe out a great deal of your fire power. Historical scenarios tend to be unbalanced because the actual battle itself was "unbalanced". Finally the players themselves are usually not balanced in skill and the map (unless a mirrored map) gives one side an advantage. That said I can recommend the following non-historical scenarios which I believe are 'balanced',

Petrarcholi Ridge on the CD is balanced as are

Small Battles, The Sullen well of Taleh

Small Battles, Recon North of Rome

Small Battles, Bonfire 1940

Small Battles, Row at Coulogne, 1940

If you want some suggestions for CMBB I can provide those too.

Hans

Originally posted by jwxspoon:

FYI, the balanced and revised public version of ROW-IV:Squeezing the Melon will be out this week.

jw

Great news! That is one of the most beautiful CMAK maps I've seen yet and a great battle.

I would also recommend a scenario by CSDT - St. Vith. A brutal slug match but pretty well balanced I think. You can get it here:

http://robmin.50megs.com/cm/cmakbattle.html

The averages for the ROW IV scenarios are as follows:

South of Vevi

35 scores

Axis - 45.83

Allies - 54.17

Things go bump in the night

35 scores

Axis - 52.2

Allies - 47.8

Squeezing the Melon

37 scores

Axis - 37.43

Allies - 62.57

Frontier Firefight '40

33 scores

Axis - 69.70

Allies - 30.30

Retreat from Metemma

37 scores

Axis - 45.49

Allies - 54.51

Edit: I should add my favorites as well.

For CMBO:

Cintheaux-Totalize

49th Recce

Village les Moulins

Anything from Wild Bill

Anything from McAuliffe

See how they run

Too little too late

Hello second Armored

For CMBB:

Hitler's son

Tank Warning

Boriskova station

Tatinskaya raid

The bitter end

Battle for the Reichstag

Our backs to the Volga

For CMAK:

A Polish Finish

2 pdrs and Tigers

Brits at Anzio

The last offensive

Totensonntag

Little Stalingrad

Counterattack to Galatas

[ September 18, 2004, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Kingfish ]

B&T One Hedgerow at a Time

Just finished playing my brother at this and a perfect 50-50 score. I have played it seriously once as the Americans and got whopped -- as historically correct I am knew to the bocage and played like a lemon -- and my opponent GAJ played well . We did flip about and I won I think by the narrowest of margins.

Exceedingly well balanced and with options for both players on how to play it ...

Although this is a CMBB scenario, The best balance in a scenario I've ever experience was in "CSDT-B14-Eisen-Faust". I played it against an opponent with which I am very well matched (we've only pulled draws in every game we've played); played this one & got a draw. Lots of action, both sides have a rich set of tactical approaches they can take.