The Grandmaster Event: (Best of 5 games). GAME #1 Terif (Axis) vs Zapp, ZAPP WON

zappsweden

WTF - too many losses for allies in russia :(

IMHO Terif is doing a good job so far - sucky techs and late France/minors is the worst possible combo - still he is advancing into russia because Zapp feels an urge to play whacky with the reds everytime he gets them smile.gif

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zapp got a phone call 20 minutes ago (still on the phone..), so I have some time to do calculations:

Chance for Germany to still be at lv 0 jets is now less than 0.002% - that means this happens once every ~50000 games... :rolleyes:

@Hellraiser:

Yep, it is noticable Zapp only seldomly plays a full long game ;) .

No tech, late minors joining, maximum russian readiness increases (alone with DoWs they were 5% above average, USA joined 3 turns too early with this too) - this should have meant an axis defeat since a long time smile.gif .

But still Axis is in the game and has more forces and mpps than Allies...

November 1, 1942 will be remembered in all german history books:

German scientists discover against all expectations and contrarities after years of failure: JETS 1 :eek:

Otherwise: usual corps killing in east (russian corps) and west (axis corps). Bordeaux after long fights lost to Allies.

German offensive in southern France failed big time. Two german armies plus some corps destroyed. German HQ was moving in open field (south France) and gets tagged twice by Allied air force.

The counter halted Allied offensive in northern Germany for a while though.

More and more Allied air is rebasing to France.

Allies collected 850 MPP this turn, roughly same as Axis.

Cologne now Allied, Allies one hex from Hamburg. Allied transport threatens landing in empty Copenhagen.

Axis are attacking Finland. Russian cruisers go all in along the Finnish coast.

Axis tank was without HQ in Russia, Zhukov kill it with just 2 corps and 1 army.

No need to scream "PANZERS!" anymore for the Russian soldiers. smile.gif

Yep - Axis is killed in the west, Russia is killed in the east ;) .

Helsinki under attack and should fall next turn, russian cruisers under fire.

In northern Germany defence lines are holding, nevertheless it is soon time to fight for the air. But how should it be else:

USA shows already jets 3 - Allies are ahead in tech like throughout the whole game.

Before the big airbattles start, we save at the end of Zapp´s turn. To be continued probably next weekend.

Western Allies have more air (8AFs, 3 carriers vs 8 german AFs) and better tech, but Germany gets more mpps/turn than UK+USA so this war is all but over smile.gif .

Both sides have around the same amount of units. Russia is standing at the Moskov-Kharkov-Sevastopol line and mainly defending with corps - only a few tanks(2 ?) and armies (2 ?) left.

Originally posted by Terif:

Chance for Germany to still be at lv 0 jets is now less than 0.002% - that means this happens once every ~50000 games... :rolleyes:

Hmm, as long as i read yer AAR i noticed something smelled real bad. That bad luck is impossible. I remember another game i played against Zapp, i had a very similar bad luck in tech (jets) while playing axis. I cant remember how many years with jets o and Zapp jets 4!!! In the game Zapp disconnected/lose conection?? at least 10 times. Yer game suffered some disconnections also so i wonder... has Zapp managed to find an anti-jets tech bug by cutting connection???????

HMMM.