What Will wind do in CMBB?

Apparently spreading fire is being coded into the game. I'm guessing that wind direction will influence the direction of the spread.

As for targetting... it might affect low velocity rounds, but I'm not sure if that will be completely modelled mathematically. It may just be a case of lower-quality crews of low velocity weapons missing on the first (and subsequent) shot(s) more often when winds are present.

Apparently (according to some answers by Madmatt in SuperTed's 'heads up' thread) wind will affect the movement of smoke (not smokescreens though), but it probably won't get visually modelled.

I don't think that there will be 'gusts'. The wind will be of a constant velocity and direction during a scenario/op-battle (I don't know if there will different wind settings for each battle of an op). This will especially have to be true if it is going to mathematically affect the flight/accuracy of low velocity rounds.

Wind will help fires to spread and will decrease the time smoke shells persist. Wind makes smoke disappear faster, and affects the "thickness" (LOS-blocking ability) of smoke as well.

The big pillars of smoke (from fires) will "bend" in the direction the wind is blowing depending on the strength of the wind. Trees also sway the same way.

Sudden gusts are not modeled.

Wind will also affect ballistics but I dont as yet have details to what degree.

!!!NONE OF THESE TEXTURES ARE FINAL!!!

In fact Dan just told me he has all new skies (and there are some cool changes with skies too in store for you!) but I dont have them loaded yet

wind_smoke.jpg

Madmatt

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: Madmatt ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Madmatt:

In fact Dan just told me he has all new skies (and there are some cool changes with skies too in store for you!) but I dont have them loaded yet

Madmatt

<hr></blockquote>

Wow!! Great stuff Matt ........ would you be hinting at CLOUDS MOVING ACROSS THE SKY according to wind direction and speed??? Now that would really knock us for six! ;) (Not that what you guys have done so far isn't already AMAZING!!) :D

Gotta start saving my pennies for CMBB ......

AJ

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Come on, chant with me!<hr></blockquote>

Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories! Rubble and Factories!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Juardis:

Factory and Rubble? What's that got to do with Wind?<hr></blockquote>

Nothing. But it has much to do with the intense wish for more screenshots!

Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!Rubble and Factories!