The Master, Margarita and the Peng Challenge thread

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leeo:

How is it that y’all, whom I try and despise with a perfect loathing, have come to be amongst my most treasured contacts? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think, lad, it's because at the end of life, and all the great, gasping joys, horrible sorrows, and blushing shames to which everyone is subject, there is death. In between , we create memories. And no one wants to lie there in those last moments with bad memories. So the wise choose their fields of glory and sorrow, their moments of happiness and stupidity, the annoying and vile pillocks they've shared mortality with, with an eye towards eternity.

That, and the fact that anyone who can make me laugh is guaranteed paradise, in my book.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still, 1,658 posts to the thread, in the end just to call a Nearly-newbie such as myself a loser. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it is nice to achieve a life-goal, regardless of how miniscule it is!

As for the annointment of Joe Shaw? I say Aye, but best to leave the actual annointing to a trained professional..Bauhaus?

Mace

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: Mace ]

Important matters are before the ‘Pool:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

What say you, Berli, Peng, and you, you Seniour Knights who are his peers? Shall we compound our strange Order of Orthodoxy with the Cabala of the Templars, and confer upon Ole Foul Joe the title of Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread?

Let us Hear Your Voices!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I say nay. Quite frankly I am surprised that such a suggestion was even made. I have been on the front lines of beating [down …] back Comrade Xia’s pathetic power grabs, I must warn the assembly against any providing Red Jo with any imprimatur of actual authority from, or approval of, the powers that be in the MBT.

You have called him “Strong in the Faith of the Peng Challenge,” yet you do not see his true nature. He has not been defending the faith, but rather attempting to impose some bastardized version of the truth on the weak-willed among the gathered. He creates out of whole cloth “traditions” such as his latest “rules,” that Squires must first be Serfs, or that no knight’s name shall be twisted.

He is in fact a Heretic, and one far more dangerous that the Splitter Meeks. With Hamster Boy, one always saw the crazy gleam in his eye and heard the insane cackle. But with Jo, it is much more subtle, and thus far more dangerous. He is not a preserver of tradition, but rather a destroyer. If he has his way, we will have bylaws, and rulebooks. I wouldn’t be surprised if he plans to organize the serfs.

So, just say No to Jo.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marlow:

He is not a preserver of tradition, but rather a destroyer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well put Sir Marlow! At your hint, I have been steeping myself in the annals of Peng Days Past, and find them a heady brew indeed. Such invention, wit, spontaneous bile and Phantastic imagination! But returning to the MBT of today gives me cause to pause. I agree that Red Jo and those that think like he wish to freeze that ancient spirit into dead codes and rules. They that would preserve the Mutha Beautiful would also mummify it. Do we want a living, bubbling swamp, or a gilded, porcelin throne?

Of course I say neither yea nor nay, for I was not called upon to speak, but with my virgin eye and untrammelled sensibilities I pipe up a warning. Danger...danger...[waves arms] let not the byzantine, superannuated, jewel-overencrusted hierarchy grow to choke the fighting spirit of potentates like my noble liege!

(Of course if this 'title' is just a way of booting Xia upstairs so he'll be even more useless, harmless and satisfied with his little self, then by all means go ahead.)

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: CMplayer ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Senior Knights, in the order of their joining:

Seanachai

jdmorse

Moriarty

Berlichtingen

Speedy

MrPeng

Bauhaus

Lorak

Mark IV

Stuka

Germanboy

Giere

Aitken

Joe Shaw

Goanna

GI Tom

Taken from the first 10 pages of the Mutha Beautiful Thread, and it will always be there<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate to be critical but I'd like to point out an anomoly here, I believe some of the above were Knighted the same time as yours truly.

So why are they senior again, it would be from the time they were knighted, wouldn't it?

Of course, if someone was to slip me a few dollars I might shutup.

Mace

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: Mace ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Now that I cast my thoughts back, were you not the squire of Dame Kitty? Who in turn was a squire in darkness?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I was a squire to no-one.

Seanachai was the first to bid me 'welcome' in the pool and eventually did try to sponsor me, but I have this natural fear of hard work and chose not to accept his offer.

Besides, I reserved grovelling and snivelling for Kitty alone.

Mace

How is it that y’all, whom I try and despise with a perfect loathing, have come to be amongst my most treasured contacts? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, Leeo, you can't have my last Bud Lite.

[serious] This is posted for cheap entertainment purposes only on the MBT. I have NEVER purchased or tasted the ****e called Bud Lite. Nor shall I ever sink to such depths. [/serious]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lawyer:

I have NEVER purchased or tasted the ****e called Bud Lite. Nor shall I ever sink to such depths.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may have tasted it, second hand, during one of your little, ahem, play sessions. Of course since that would count as refining the stuff it doesn't count.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CMplayer:

You may have tasted it, second hand, during one of your little, ahem, play sessions. Of course since that would count as refining the stuff it doesn't count.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fortunately, beer and liquor prices are low enough in the US that we don't need to use your patented "Swedish filtration system" in order to afford our drinking habit. But this bit of intel on your interests does help explain the curious nonsense of your posting style.

Skoal!

we don't need to use your patented "Swedish filtration system"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You start with Coors. Run it through one time and you get Bud Lite. One more time and it's Miller. And so on. There are limits to how far you can go, but I've had some pretty decent faked Corona made this way.

(Actually, the only trick we ever really use is letting Swedish Ale run through an old sports sock. That way it starts tasting more like American beer, and with the latest fad for everything American...)

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: CMplayer ]

Greetings.

To all those who gives a rat's arse I need to post some news...........

Well, I'll post it anyway.

I will be out of the country this next week. If I can manage internet access, I'll show up once or twice. If not.... See you in a week.

Lorak

For those of you who do not visit the main board, I have posted an offer of free beer for Washington area CM players who want to get together with Marlow and me next Friday. If you live in this area, please feel welcome to attend.

Fortunately, the long, long list or Rabid Geeks and Losers on the MBT who should not be seen in public do not live around Washington. It gives me great pleasure to know that I shall NOT be seeing Joe Shaw, Elvis, Peng, Mark IV, jd, CMplayer, Mace, Pawbroon, Panzer Leader, MrSpkr, Leeo, and the rest (you know who you are). I would add Agua Perdido to the list, except that I fear he lives near here and may attend.

We look forward to not thinking of you all next Friday.

Cheers,

Jake

Edited to add Mark IV to the list of not-wanna-see's because he failed to appreciate my kindness in leaving him off the list the first time.

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: Lawyer ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

I have to say, Geier, that I'm quite taken aback, as Berli and I were just discussing "The Master and Margarita" by Bulgakov just a few days ago.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And who, do you think, tipped The Devil? No, I never gave him any money.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I've always loved Pontius Pilate. Made one of the greatest statements in the Bible: "What is Truth?", and has gone down in history for it as one of the villains..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I rather figured as much. Nothing as tragic as being forced to act your part without even getting to read the script. At least if you ask me.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

Beyond that, Bulgakov's novel is a modern classic of depth, irony, and beauty that far trascends any appellation regarding 'Russian dissidents'.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The man couldn't get back at people who treated him wrong in Real Life so what did he do? He wrote a novel where all of them gets killed in bizarre ways. An early Soviet Kinky Friedman if you will. Or a Cesspooler rather. Very apt if you ask me.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mace:

I hate to be critical but I'd like to point out an anomoly here, I believe some of the above were Knighted the same time as yours truly.

So why are they senior again, it would be from the time they were knighted, wouldn't it?

Of course, if someone was to slip me a few dollars I might shutup.

Mace

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: Mace ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You missed out 'cause you were too busy out shagging sheep.

And go ahead and give Joehis little title if it makes him feel better. But I much prefer Berli's petname for Sir Joe of the Village Idiot.

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: bauhaus ]

For those of you who do not visit the main board, I have posted an offer of free beer for Washington area CM players who want to get together with Marlow and me next Friday. If you live in this area, please feel welcome to attend.

Fortunately, the long, long list or Rabid Geeks and Losers on the MBT who should not be seen in public do not live around Washington. It gives me great pleasure to know that I shall NOT be seeing Joe Shaw, Elvis, Peng, Mark IV, jd, CMplayer, Mace, Pawbroon, Panzer Leader, MrSpkr, Leeo, and the rest (you know who you are). I would add Agua Perdido to the list, except that I fear he lives near here and may attend.

We look forward to not thinking of you all next Friday.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno, Joe is FROM Texas and I live IN Texas -- either one of us might drive quite a long ways for a free beer . . .

Just think of this as a 'warning', not a 'threat'.

[edited to ask Mace to please FLUSH next time so little clumps like Ham-hock-thigh-her go down the drain like they are supposed to]

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]