Testers needed for map converter

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ken, what the program does, simply put, is copy the tiles from the editor screen (not the pictures or actual tiles, but the data) to a place, then copies that data into another editor.

I hope that makes sense.

So you open BB to a premade map screen, minimize, copy with the convertor, maximize, exit game, open AK, go to map screen, minimize, and copy from Map converter, maximize, bingo. But all you get is the map.

Caveats, make sure you look at the map size of the original before you copy, and then make the receiving map editor at least as big. You can also make it bigger and fill in the empty terrain later. I also set the date and country before I copy. Just in case, probably not neccessary.

To answer what I think your q is, if you made a map in 1.01 you can copy it to 1.03 with the new 1.29 converter. I don't think the map cares what version you have, only the converter program, which should be backwards compatible.

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by junk2drive:

...To answer what I think your q is, if you made a map in 1.01 you can copy it to 1.03 with the new 1.29 converter. I don't think the map cares what version you have, only the converter program, which should be backwards compatible.

Hey J2D,

Forgot to thank you for your help. I was able to convert some old, unfinished scenarios from CMBO... into CMAK battles.

Great tool, Mr. PyeW

Thanks all, for the help,

Ken

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...