BADCO Question

I'm using this thing for the first time and me and my opponent have gotten a late start on checking for the first turn. When is the ber file checked? Is it after both players have moved for that turn? I would assume this is the only way it would work, otherwise a player could open the ber file first, see if the next turn is the last and then rush his men towards the flags.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Everyone else has visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads. Go to sleep or Santa won't leave you any presents.<hr></blockquote>

Heh, our family has suddenly gone from a family who used to open presents on Xmas day to one who now opens on Xmas eve--so in short, Santa already came...and didn't leave me CMBB either.

:(

The Badco works like this if IIRC:

The player who finds himself in a watch/order phase should check to see if the coming turn is the last turn or not since he will be the first to give orders for the next turn. If it is the last turn, he orders a ceasefire after watching the movie and his opponent does the same.

Whatever turn ends up being the last turn will always be a ceasefire turn for both sides. If you set the QB for 20 turns +/- 4 you will never give orders beyond turn 23. Turn 24 would consist only of cease fire orders.

Go here for instructions: Badco Endgame Randomizer Tutorial

Treeburst155 out

[ 12-27-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]</p>

So the whole thing is just a secure random number generator?

Col, I tried to install the thing on four computers now, after the "not enough memory" error on my 256 MB machine, seperate downloading of the DLL the distribution of the endgame randomizer did not carray (dispite its 5.5 MB dowload), only to discover that it says it is not compatible to the version of the randomizer you made the .ber file with. I even polluted two vmware images with it, where I don't get the disk space back easily. I am not amused.

We just need a 1/6 chance for our 27-33 turns game, I prefer that you throw a dice and if it's a "6" we end now and repeat that for further turns.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by redwolf:

So the whole thing is just a secure random number generator?

Col, I tried to install the thing on four computers now, after the "not enough memory" error on my 256 MB machine, seperate downloading of the DLL the distribution of the endgame randomizer did not carray (dispite its 5.5 MB dowload), only to discover that it says it is not compatible to the version of the randomizer you made the .ber file with. I even polluted two vmware images with it, where I don't get the disk space back easily. I am not amused.

We just need a 1/6 chance for our 27-33 turns game, I prefer that you throw a dice and if it's a "6" we end now and repeat that for further turns.<hr></blockquote>

So, you have the program installed but it's just not compatible with my file? I had an old version of the BADCO program so that might be the problem. I downloaded the new one so lemme send you a new file which should be compatible with you. If that doesn't work, I'll just throw a die.

Treeburst, I went back and read the rules again a few days ago and now I understand it, but thanks anyway.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by a1steaks:

There is no such thing as a random number generator.<hr></blockquote>

There are algorithms and physical devices (like dices) that are good enough for drawing a 18% chance five times.

You can also buy CDs filled with random numbers from more sophisticated physical events, if you think that the computer hurts the Panther's resistence to the 76mm or somefink.

BTS, please provide an interface to feed our own high-quality random numbers!