Wake Island (Storming Ashi-Shima Operation) pictures

Hi in a review of the Small Operation, Storming Ashi-Shima a question was asked about the presence of trees on the Atoll of Wake:

en1.html

wpe2D1.gifwpe31.gifen2.html

Wake, as it appeared to the Marines of the 1st Defense Battalion, was a V-shaped atoll composed of three islands: Wake Island proper,[7] the body of the V; and Wilkes and Peale, the two tip-ends. Its land-mass consisted of some 2,600 acres of sand and coral, a substantial part of which was, in 1941, covered by very dense low brush. An excellent vignette of Wake[8] in 1941 was given by Colonel Bayler:

"Wake is by no means the bare sandy spit one thinks of when atolls are mentioned. Considerable areas of it are covered by woods, and though the trees are small, their thick foliage and the scrubby tangled underbrush provided admirable cover. * * * Walking in these jungles was difficult but not impossible. * * *

http://www.pacificislandtravel.com/micronesia/about_destin/wake_history1.html

What's next....well since you asked:

I have the following scenarios and operations under production

1. SB, Vietnam Primer, 1967

2. SO, De Voorposten (with Henk Stoffel)

3. SB, Les Attaques, 1940

4. SB, Row at Coulogne, 1940

5. SO, Joesting’s last stand

6. SB, Coup de Main, France 1940

7. SB, Englishmen at war, 1940

8. SB, Block at El-Arish, 1956

9. SB, Je t’aime!, 1940

Six others are completed but didn't work out and are awaiting redoing or deletion.

30 others are in various stages of design, research and pre-production. For J2D the ones in there for PTO are - with sequence number:

2. Philippines & Bataan (5 ID'd)

3. SB Kalidjati & Soebang (Dutch East Indies)

4. SB, Palembang airborne (Dutch East Indies)

5. Khoru Baru Malaysia

6. Myitkyina, Merril’s marauders (Burma)

14. SB, Ambon (Dutch East Indies)

20. SB, Kampar Malaysia

21. SB, Slim River Malaysia

27. Kodoka track infantry battles (New Guinea)

28. SB the defense of admin box (Burma)

In the ideas box would be another scenario to cover the attack on Wake - nothing doing with Midway-to fictional and THAT island is flat, bald and boring!

Hans - you are mad!! Is someone paying you? Are you a pensioner with scenario design as a hobby? Or a teenager who skives off school to write scenarios instead? Or what???

(Lovely photos, and outstanding replication J2D. I look forward to seeing the replication of the first photo - reminds me of "An Island to Close" (sic)).

GaJ.

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

Hans - you are mad!! Is someone paying you? Are you a pensioner with scenario design as a hobby? Or a teenager who skives off school to write scenarios instead? Or what???

(Lovely photos, and outstanding replication J2D. I look forward to seeing the replication of the first photo - reminds me of "An Island to Close" (sic)).

GaJ.

Ah 'An Island to Close', that was always a favorite.

GaJ, I'm retired or unemployed - depends on the terminology you like. As long as I remain off work the scenarios will be coming out at a certain pace...unfortunately I have a third interview today and I think the company is going to offer me a job - the bastards.

Thanks guys but things went badly, I was unable to convince them that I'm an irresponsible psychopath with major trends towards laziness and I cannot spell...they'll be sending me a contract on Tuesday.

Looks like the CM holiday will be coming to an end - but I don't have to start work until September!

So I'll be able to get a few more scenarios out before I have to start acting like a responsible adult again.

I would like to have these Pacific mods. How will are the Japanese portrait. In many of the fights few prisoners were taken.SPAW best handles this theater.I still like to see Battle Front do a Pacific Theater game or atlest an add-on. The could use the same engine as CMAK, give the Japanese a fantic rating of 90%.

If to play the mods require me to do a dual install, I am out of luck, Need larger hard drive.

Originally posted by junk2drive:

"Schedule? "

your new job doesn't have set hours?

Well haven't seen the offer yet and even then I won't start until late August or early September.

Its full time but full time in the Arab sense of full time.