THE PENG I TAKE OUR CHALLENGE PUBLIC REVIVAL!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Do you wish to confess, my son?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here, Berli, that simply won't do! We can get away with a lot, in the Peng Challenge Thread, but by no stretch of anyone's dispensation can we try and pass you off as a Father Confessor.

Now, do me the favour of tripping off to the soddingly stupidly named 'What's Going On...' thread and make sure my 'challenge' is acceptably framed.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lorak Scribe thus in the sacred Tome of Life and Death that this day, Evil Incarnate was vanquished by Evil Manifest In a map of Croadaesque design, the forces of the Lucifier were cast out of Paradise. Scourged by Fire and Brimstoneā„¢ (literally as FT teams helped rout his men several times) the former Lord of Darkness's minions were unable to stand against the forces of right and might.

Scribe it thus:

jd - win

Berli - Loss

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

do we have a Peng Challenge Thread Confessor?... I'd say our best bet is someone slightly fatherly, but deeply disturbed, filled with a kind of folksy wisdom while lusting after teenage girls sort of figure<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shaw, my a$$. I've been waiting a long time for that job description. Send picture of "teenage girls sort of figure".

Willing to relocate from California, will waive girls for electricity.

jd: Long have I been sickened by your writings. I have whomped your jurisprudential kin in a fair fight, and used him for a crash test dummy in one of my experimental setups, which I nearly won as well, except for dying somewhat near the end.

However, if you think you're going to get a game on the mere basis of being sickening, and a parenthetical drive-by lumped with elvis detriticus and a distempered expatriate martian, you are hallucinating. Make me hate you (posting your picture was a heckuva good start). Remember, I am Marketing, one of the few classes who cannot automatically look down on the legal profession. Though I'm pretty sure that I can.

Respectfully,

Mark IV

At were tha draidful "thump-clank, thump-clank" o' doom welling oot o' tha swirlin', an' clingin' mists tha first alerted mae tae tha awful presence o' Mensch's "terror". Mae wee laddies shifted nervously ain their trenches, as tha awful sound grew louder an' louder. At seemed tae be approachin' up tha hillside track atween tha heavy woods..."thump-clank, thump-clank", ever louder. However, at soon became clear at were ainly Mensch wi' has stupid foot jammed ain a galvanised iron bucket o' porridge, tryin' tae find has way haime. "Boo, hiss, piss on yoo, Jimmy!" tha lads yelled as he "thump-clanked" his cretinous way off aintae tha gloom. *wedges finger up right nostril* O' course, Ah coulda bin mistaken.....

Ma bonny wee parents, spawner's o' tha troo terror o' tha CM Glenn an' Heelands, have lighted ain MacDenver fraim Melbourne, Australia. At's a three week stint, an' at's playin' havoc wi mae PBEM'in. Just sae ye knoo.

Bastaarrds.

An' at's a big "Halloooo" tae Hiram. Ye may be Philled Panties knoo, but ye'll allas be "Hiram" tae mae, laddie.

Game updates...everyone's killin' mae daid except Mace an' Mensch.

Bastaarrrrds.

SirMacOberGrupenBloodyStompinSicFeuhrerBastardABCD

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Now that I think of it, do we have a Peng Challenge Thread Confessor?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you wish to confess, my son?

... the last person on Earth

Here, Berli, that simply won't do! We can get away with a lot, in the Peng Challenge Thread, but by no stretch of anyone's dispensation can we try and pass you off as a Father Confessor. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you implying that there is someone who has a better understanding of Sin?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

I've been waiting a long time for that job description. Send picture of "teenage girls sort of figure".

Willing to relocate from California, will waive girls for electricity.

Respectfully,

Mark IV<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, you're a bit too clever for the job, as it were. Clearly you fill some of the more easily met criteria, but you're not disturbing enough, and you're not at all folksy, and I can only applaud your 'Catholic school-girls in tartan skirts and white knee-socks' aberration. Peng would be a natural, except his Rasputin-esque shouting and raving don't quite play as 'wisdom'.

We need someone as avuncular as Shaw, but less inclined to drift off into the sound of his own voice maundering on; as folksy as...well, as myself, but more deeply disturbed; as accepting and sympathetic as Lorak, but not as wholesome; as penetrating (Sit Down, Rexford!) as Mark IV, but weirder; as puckish as Hakku Ichiu, but more wholesome.

Aye, the list of for and against goes on and on. Who, amongst all the Peng Challenge Thread, would the Knights of the Cesspool be able to confess all their sins to? We need some Jesuitical figure, to be sure. I mean, if it were as simple as lusting after teen-age girls, the difficulty would be eliminating applicants, not discovering them. This must be thought upon.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Aye, the list of for and against goes on and on. Who, amongst all the Peng Challenge Thread, would the Knights of the Cesspool be able to confess all their sins to? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paton_Returns?

Gyrene

Roight, a bit of an update then.

Seniletea is trying to win by having my guys freeze to death in the snow waiting for him to attack. He's using the 3 Churchill plan, which is now down to 2, courtesy of a nicely placed schreck shot. One shot, one kill. Use of cheap onboard arty has paid off but they're mostly dead now. Blousemouse is as gamey as they come, shooting great big cannons at little tiny Wasps and Crommies and such. The map is enormously long and not very wide and there's no way to chase all his gamey Fallschirmgerbils from their little holes in the turns allotted. Berli created another big ol' map with lots of bocage and pillboxes and things that go boom. Note: An 8-inch gun makes big holes and scares people away from their positions. It's a wonderful thing. Goanna, the gamey lizard, is capitalizing on my lousy tactics and will win this one. He wants my valiant gumchewers to charge across open ground into the muzzles of his waiting Fallschirmgerbils. Says he'll meet me half way .... yeah, right. Lorak and I are still mucking about in the foggy night although one of his little recon pukes is about to get a surprise. Babra's UK varmints and my valiant feldgraus are meeting on a field of mud. (Thanks to Mace for purchasing troops). Initial shots have been exchanged and he has lost a joyriding 'Roo. Geier is eviscerating me. Hopeless. AI will be surrendering soon. Pawbroon, the mad Frenchman, and I have embarked on one of the more bizarre tilts I've yet encountered. You expected anything less?

TTFN

Peng would be a natural, except his Rasputin-esque shouting and raving don't quite play as 'wisdom'. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seanachai! You sir, are an idiot. What the Mutha Beautiful Thread thread needs IS a Father Gregori! Peng is perfect!

!

Usually drunk... check

No firm grasp on reality... check

Wild appearance... check

Somewhat hypnotic... check

Not someone you want in polite society... check

Peng is the reincarnation of Father Gregori!

Hira... er... PhilliesPhan makes a passible Alexi

Wow.

I go to work for a few hours and come back and we're already on page four of the new thread. Stared by PatBoone, no less, and rather than his orthogonal to reality frenchness, he simply quotes the original. He could have done much better--reminds me somehow of Nick Cave after a few blows to Broca's region with a large blunt object.

Anyway, jd, you shall be receiving a file shortly. I'll try to set it up so that it looks like a fair fight, but puts you at a distinct disadvantage. Shouldn't be hard, given your habit of rolling blithely into severe ambushes. Merely entering a new password seems to leave you at a disadvantage.

What happened to that abbot guy, anyway? He was starting to really annoy me with his persistent not quite polite, but a little bit arrogant requests for games. And he's at least going to abuse mrmouth in a game, even if he is a bit lame in the pool.

And as for shandorf being the dullest person to trade emails with (I think it was shandorf who was accused of that, and if he wasn't, so what. I can't be bothererd to look back a page or two to check, and he may as well be dull, since he lives in that cold dark unpleasant place full of snow and long vowels), I can't imagine he's much duller than elvis. I've had some ladder geeks who put nothing at all in their replies (I now avoid the ladders), but elvis is almost as laconic.

Speaking of elvis, things are heating up ( no, bauhaus, not like that. please remain seated) and we've been trading bullets in earnest (a few in Ernst, actually, and quite a number in joe, bill, and a bunch of other amis) and he's preparing for his second round of rushing my positions. Should be lots of blood all around. Oh yeah, almost forgot: BOO!! to you Mr. "Wankers"

What happened to that abbot guy, anyway? He was starting to really annoy me with his persistent not quite polite, but a little bit arrogant requests for games. And he's at least going to abuse mrmouth in a game, even if he is a bit lame in the pool.-chrisl

Actually ā€œBeing lame in the Poolā€ seems to be working quite well for me. I have caught a few ā€œpoolersā€ unawares it seems. Meeks my first game proved to be very gamey indeed, then disappeared. He did say ā€œanything goesā€ however before we started so it would be a bit improper to call him ā€œGameyā€ just because he tried the old ladder gun brigade mixed with Jumbos trick. Oh, what the hellā€¦Meeks is gamey and it seems everyone knows it except Harpoboy.

chrisl you may be my next victim as a setup is going to be on its way to you tomorrow morning. I can keep up with this hmm..what was it? I will scroll up and check, not quite polite, but a little bit arrogant requests for games. thatā€™s it. You see I can be that way until one of you chaps shuts my mouth on the field of battle. Then it will be back to the normal ā€œHey, who has a slot open for a game?ā€. I have noticed that many of you folks thoroughly enjoy the NORMAL way I inquire about finding a game.

I started this last paragraph just because after reading the first two I knew it may set some of you ā€˜ahowlin. Mace I believe it was, is still trying to convince one (or more) of you to become a Firewall just for my sake. That is very considerate of you sir.

[ 05-08-2001: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Mike is roughly right, and some actually knowledgeable person will be along shortly to give you the exact numbers, but calibre doesn't equate with shell weight. Artillery, by benefit of having more propellant 'punch' than a mortar, can loft a far heavier shell with more explosive matter over greater distances (in the process narrowing the muzzle width in the pursuit of velocity/distance and accuracy, while still retaining a heavier shell). Mortars, with far less propellant power, sacrifice the velocity/distance aspect and have to expand the diameter of the shell to achieve a significant payload, while still remaining lighter than the average artillery shell.-Seanachi

Now that is a post that would do Fred proud! Well done your Grogginess!

This thread is the most hilarious one yet.

I'm so happy to have blown up MrSpkldcrysmlstck's PanzerIVj with the first shot of my veteran Firefly, I just have to crow about it. This seemed like the most appropriate place. It was pure guile and trickery, I can assure you

uh oh, matey...watch the left....better watch my left.....here comes the left....*SMACK* ooops...shoulda watched the right, .... (sucker)

more freakin' shiznit where that all came from

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I was going to exempt Kitty and Emma but they don't show up here anymore (I blame Mace).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peng, I'd advise you to look away, or poke your eyes out with a screwdriver, as the following may be distressing for you!

:D

[ 05-08-2001: Message edited by: Mace ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OGSF:

At were tha draidful "thump-clank, thump-clank" o' doom welling oot o' tha swirlin', an' clingin' mists tha first alerted mae tae tha awful presence o' Mensch's "terror". Mae wee laddies shifted nervously ain their trenches, as tha awful sound grew louder an' louder. At seemed tae be approachin' up tha hillside track atween tha heavy woods..."thump-clank, thump-clank", ever louder. However, at soon became clear at were ainly Mensch wi' has stupid foot jammed ain a galvanised iron bucket o' porridge, tryin' tae find has way haime. "Boo, hiss, piss on yoo, Jimmy!" tha lads yelled as he "thump-clanked" his cretinous way off aintae tha gloom. *wedges finger up right nostril* O' course, Ah coulda bin mistaken.....

Ma bonny wee parents, spawner's o' tha troo terror o' tha CM Glenn an' Heelands, have lighted ain MacDenver fraim Melbourne, Australia. At's a three week stint, an' at's playin' havoc wi mae PBEM'in. Just sae ye knoo.

Bastaarrds.

An' at's a big "Halloooo" tae Hiram. Ye may be Philled Panties knoo, but ye'll allas be "Hiram" tae mae, laddie.

Game updates...everyone's killin' mae daid except Mace an' Mensch.

Bastaarrrrds.

SirMacOberGrupenBloodyStompinSicFeuhrerBastardABCD<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

anyone understand what this guy wrote??? I looked at Bablefish but there is no translation from "Moronic OFGSHF" to English...

Are you implying that there is someone who has a better understanding of Sin?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But of course Danichtingen!

Being the self appreciating bastard I am, I'd say I would be the only one suitable for the job.

I know Sin.

We have practically invented the concept of Sin.

Frogs are born SinCity players.

It takes a dark and corrupted soul while requiring a convoluted way with words to:

a/Understand your confessions

b/Distribute the mandatory admonishments

c/Explore new Sins to be able to then recognize the spark in your eyes.

Being the Curator of our beloved MBT I therefore vote for myself and forbid through Unjust Veto Application (not to be mistaken with UVB) any further applicants unless they are #176 and show a proper lust for Pool taming...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Mensched:

Anyone understand what this guy wrote?

I looked at Bablefish but there is no translation from "Moronic OFGSHF" to "English"...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I do.

That must be something in the collective Frog gene Pool mind you.

Anyone here whose Depth of Ignorance contains so many fragile bubbles of knowledge that could somehow surface and burst thus releasing the fact that Jean Francois Champollion, famed Frog Egyptologist, while working on the Rosetta stone became the first person to ever decipher the Egyptian hieroglyphics?.

Told you, tis a Frog thingie.

That or my in-depth knowledge of Scots (stop smiling Emma)

Anyway Mensch, to sum up:

"Blah blah you're a jeark, I am killing you, blah blah nothing new here..."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

But of course Danichtingen!

I'd say I would be the only one suitable for the job.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You, sir, are out of your mind! We need a Raspuin, not an Aramis... besides, I see you more as a Porthos with Seanachai as D'Artagnan and Germanboy as Athos

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I'd say our best bet is someone slightly fatherly, but deeply disturbed, filled with a kind of folksy wisdom while lusting after teenage girls sort of figure.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Well golly, THAT narrows it down to everyone except Stuka and after he's been married for another six months he'll qualify too.

Umm, I'd like to interject here and state quite catergorically, that I have always been, currently am, and will continue to be, interested in teenage girls.

Which reminds me of an amusing anecdote.

When I first starting dating the new wifey, she was still just short of her 20th birthday and me, well I had just seen the big 3'O' go by.....

*Raises hands in a quietening gesture over the raptourous applause from the 'pool*

Yes yes, I know, thank you all, thank you very much. {Bauhaus! stop licking the floor!}

Any hoos, for 4 months (until she turned 20) this was the state of things and as I strode manfully around (well not so much strode as was carried aloft on the shoulders of my adoring army of co-workers and freinds) I was a symbol to many, a deity if you will, of what is possible in life.

Funny thing is though, when I tried to explain my new found happiness with my (same age as me) ex over the 'phone one day, she called me a "sick f**k" and hung up!

Wierd or what?

Perhaps one of the 'poolers (who doesn't like young girls) would care to explain to me what I did wrong as I'm buggered if I can see a problem with it.

P.S. Theres other good reasons for going out with teenage girls, but you'd better head over to the 'other' pool to find out what.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Stuka wrote:

Perhaps one of the 'poolers (who doesn't like young girls) would care to explain to me what I did wrong as I'm buggered if I can see a problem with it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on, it's not that difficult ā€“ you simply married someone ten years younger than your ex. Don't pull age on a woman.