ROW IV

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My ATG was "dealt with" by being on the opposite side of the map to the Allied attack.

To contrast the experience reported above, the Allied tanks I faced laughed at the puny MGs on my Italian tankettes, and took one shot to take them out. The one tankette that tried to go "round the back" and maul unprotected infantry (the Allies lead with their tanks) was quickly dispatched by the ATR(s).

GaJ.

(this is just a sample: further expert lessons on "how not to do things" can be provided on request for a small fee by our team of experts in the field)

[ June 24, 2004, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: GreenAsJade ]

I had the ATG take out 3 Brit vehicles in one turn IIRC. I had moved the MkVIs up en masse to try to overwhelm the tankettes with fire. Great patience by my opponent. To complicate things, one of the tankettes was consistently misidentified at an Italian tank with a real gun, so I was trying to avoid it.

Yes, jeff is evil.

A few notes here. First, the first few batches of the AARs are now on the web. Enjoy.

Second, a few designer's notes on Things Go Bump.

Reading the comments, it had just about the effect I had intended. The exit scoring was setup so that the germans could eke out a minor victory without firing a shot. Operationally their goal is to get into position to attack at dawn.

The brits, on the other hand, needed to take out a few of the german units to win, as they had two goals--interfere with the germans, and escape with their lives. Seeing the comments, I am considering dropping the allied exit requirements and just turning it into some kind of nightmarish running gun battle.

If anyone was wondering about the last turn reinforcements, that was to make certain the game would not autosurrender given the number of exiting troops.

WWB

WRT to TTGBITN, I wonder if the German appreciation for the intent (and thus enjoyment) might have been improved if the briefing made it clear(er) that "get to the other side without casualty" was the goal, and

would deliver victory.

I'd have relished the idea of totally sneaking past and trying not to be seen at all. (Though side-hugging might have been the result, I guess).

If you do drop the Brit Exit requirements, by all means, consider leaving their EXIT indicator on the map if you want to mess with the German player's head :D

...and now I understand the last turn reinforcement weirdness, and the comment you made in the CMAK ROW IV thread :cool:

Originally posted by WWB:

[snipped by Brent]...a few designer's notes on Things Go Bump.

[more snippage]..Seeing the comments, I am considering dropping the allied exit requirements and just turning it into some kind of nightmarish running gun battle.

If anyone was wondering about the last turn reinforcements, that was to make certain the game would not autosurrender given the number of exiting troops.

WWB

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

WWW - when I click on the link above, it asks for a password for an account that I don't have.

When I make something up, I get a page full of php code...

Looks like it needs a fix, or somefink!

Yes, I think I broke their webserver. Hehe.

I like the idea of leaving the british exit zone there, could keep things a bit interesting. What I really would have loved is an "exit for bonus points" option.

Noted on the briefings.

WWB