200 MMX

Mac

Guest Big Time Software

We haven't tested CM on your particular setup, but we've tested on similar ones and it runs fine. We'll do more extensive testing as the code matures.

Charles

• 1 year later...

Originally posted by Mac:

Will CM run in an acceptable speed on a

200 MMX with a Matrox Millenium 4 megs and 32 RAM

If it isn't fast enough I'll have to uppgrade cause CM looks very promising.

200 MMX - Just barely.

4MB video card - not really.

32MB RAM - You got to be kidding, who runs just 32MB of RAM anymore?

CM looks promising???

How's about the biggest understatement of the century. wink.gif

To say that CM looks promising is like saying, "I wonder if the sun will come up tomorrow." OR COUSE IT IS!!!

CM has been out since last June and it has now just received its 7th and final patch, after a series of 6 official patches and 4 beta patches coming from a company that takes Customer Support to a whole new level. When people complain about a problem, it get's fixed. They don't get banned like they do over on the Talonsoft BBS's.

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 02-10-2001).]

Yes it will run Mac, I did so on a very similar machine for six months before I saw the light and brought a new machine. Just stick to the small scenarios and be patient with the "computer thinking" etc. Keep the options low of course. Get a new machine as soon as you can and you will realise what you are missing, with CM and other games.

Guest Napoleon1944

My old computer is a 200MMX with 32 ram and a voodoo Banshee 16meg card. CM works pretty well on it. Go get a 16mb+ video card and you will be in business.

------------------

The only enemy I fear is nature.

-Napoleon

Mac,

I run CM just fine on my 200MMX 64mb Voodoo2. I stick to smallish engagements .... lesss than a 1000 points or company level battles. Performance is good biggrin.gif A big thank you to BTS for doing such a great job.

I suggest you try to upgrade your RAM to 64 or 96 and get a better card like a PCI Voodoo3. I assume you won't have AGP.

I hesitated before getting this game as I couldn't really believe it would work on my "museum piece". Rest assured it'll do just fine smile.gif