Maple Leaf Up!! The PENG THREAD goes North!!!

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Germanboy

Oh dear - Canada... Bad bad bad memories. Oh, and my flatmate will come to visit you lot soon. Be afraid, be very afraid. So, where are the Moose, should they not be warned about Mace?

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Mace and Moose. Apart from being alliteratively unacceptable, I don't think it would work. Besides, I don't know what "Mace" in the past tense would be. Maced I suppose, but Mace Moosed is some scary imagery.

In other news, he (Mace "Boogie Nights" Knight) sent me some "computer" generated QB assault. So How does a company of Churchill VIIIs cross 800m of open ground with a King Tiger on the other side anyway?

Herr Oberst continues to astonish me. He sends turns about as often as the optometrist sends me a "reminder". I'm quite sure he sucks beyond all recognition (SuBAR), but at this rate he'll never PROVE it...

------------------

When it's my turn to march up to Glory,

I'm gonna have one HELL of a story...

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by Forever Babra:

So How does a company of Churchill VIIIs cross 800m of open ground with a King Tiger on the other side anyway?

Laughing all the way?

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Disclaimer: My appearance here is not to be construed as an endorsement or support of this thread at this time. At the time of this writing, however, the "Mutha Beautiful Thread" is still alive, although on a respirator and Dr. Death Matt is looming in the background.

That being said I have no objections to the northerly swing of the thread and Babs as an initiator is a spot on fellow. However, the Mutha Beautiful Thread is a transcendent concept that picks it's own resting place. So in the interim, we shall see where the collective consciousness settles.

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram

There is an odd smell wafting over the river into the Chateau, which I assume is because someone has transported our schismatic palace to the land of good beer and large women with too much facial hair.

Damn, the new order needs a Krewe person from the great white north to balance power hogging Meeks.

Damn, do we have to move again? I was just beginning to find my way around the old digs.

Bit dry in here, at least it not kinder and gentler than the old place.

------------------

Work is the curse of the drinking class.

I have nothing else to say. Ya, quote that you rat bastards.

-Meeks

Damn

what a boring title for a Peng thread. Sheesh!

Well, at least it's appropriate. I'm doing a scenario right now on the Canadian 2nd Division around South Beveland and Walcheren

Meanwhile..

Seems Slappy is a gamey little bastard. Brings a warm glow to my heart. Nothing like a night battle where both sides storm towards the VLs. He's got yanky HTs, i've got German light armor.. mmm, if i'm lucky I'll have light armor and he'll have smoking piles of metal in just a few turns, mwuahaha.

PeterNZ

------------------

"Patriotism is the virtue of the viscious" - Oscar Wilde

"Don't F*CK with Johnny Cash!" - Chupacabra

Originally posted by PeterNZer:

Damn

what a boring title for a Peng thread. Sheesh!

Well, at least it's appropriate. I'm doing a scenario right now on the Canadian 2nd Division around South Beveland and Walcheren

Meanwhile..

Seems Slappy is a gamey little bastard. Brings a warm glow to my heart. Nothing like a night battle where both sides storm towards the VLs. He's got yanky HTs, i've got German light armor.. mmm, if i'm lucky I'll have light armor and he'll have smoking piles of metal in just a few turns, mwuahaha.

PeterNZ

Humm intresting Peter...

Holy hell, Canada? What's next, Peng does Detroit?

Anyway, some game updates -

Berli is thrashing me soundly on this Germanboy-created abortion. Was that the sound of unwinnable I hear? Why yes, I believe it was.

Moriarty thought that having a platoon leader try to outslug a Sturmtruppe squad at ~50m was a good idea. That was a big fat slaughter. Hee hee. Slaughter=goodness. He's also trying to use a recoilless rifle to knock down heavy city buildings. Either that or his men decided that they've just got too much damn ammo and felt the need to waste some pointlessly. I can't tell whether he's trying to be sneaky or not, which probably means he is.

Scrota is a gamey many-Hetzer-buying bastard. Unfortunately for him they've done jack so far. Open wide, son, it's probin' time.

Stevetherat thinks the map we're playing on doesn't have any cover...which pretty much means that unless he's brought some M1A1s to the party, his North-London-living ass will be enjoying a sound spanking soon enough.

PolTroon is driving things around in the dark.

Sneakytea sent me a corrupt file. Or somefink. Personally, I think he couldn't stand the PBEM data's succintness and decided to add about a thousand lines of commentary in iambic pentameter to the end of it.

Aqua Velva - listen, spaceman. When I said "impress me," I didn't mean "talk about your favorite Battlestar Galactica episode." It's true, Battlestar Galactica was pretty funny. But reading about it is as exciting as my morning piss, and a whole hell of a lot less satisfying. I am not holding off of playing you for the sake of avoiding you, or because your kooky nickname makes me wet my shorts, but because you've yet to make me so much as chuckle. You cut-rate Seanachai, come up with a proper assault, and then I'll think about gracing you with a game. We clear, Miss Pretty Panties?

In other news - computer troubles which have been plaguing me for a while are getting worse. It's to the point now where CM goes for about 5 minutes before locking up. I have tried every fix I can think of short of formatting my hard drive, and that is something I cannot afford to spend the time to do at the moment. So what does this mean? Well, it means that unless things clear up fairly soon, I am going to have to put my games on hold indefinitely.

I will offer my usual terms: if you want a surrender or a ceasefire, I'll give them. If you want to wait and see what happens, that's cool too.

I think the real solution is for me to buy a new computer, but that is something I cannot contemplate doing until September at the earliest. Life sucks, don't it?

Die all now.

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

Originally posted by Slapdragon:

There is an odd smell wafting over the river into the Chateau, which I assume is because someone has transported our schismatic palace to the land of good beer and large women with too much facial hair.

Damn, the new order needs a Krewe person from the great white north to balance power hogging Meeks.

WELL (he said loudly) I may be (opens script) the biggest...(coughs) baddest (coughs again, folds script, decides to adlib), err....well, loudest and most grating member of Her Britannic Majesty's loyal Canadian Forces and having been subjected to the iron rule of both the British monarchy and, more importantly, the Liberal Party of Canada, I must say I grow weary of having my good friends on this

forum subjected to the same kind of iron rule from the keepers of this thread.

I therefore offer my services to Sir Slapdragon (I still get to wear the kilt, right?) and humbly apply, before my God and my fellow forumites (forumers?), for a position with ye old krewe of the garter

and cannon.

I believe I am now obligated to challenge a "cowering Pengite" to a match of CM, as well as making a public airing of grievances (or am I getting confused with Festivus?)

In any event, Sir Slapdragon, since you have been the first to co-opt me (whatever the hell that means - hope it isn't dirty), you have 1) my allegiance, 2) my loyalty, and mainly the twenty bucks you extracted from me via bidpay for 1) and 2)....

------------------

http://wargames.freehosting.net/cmbits.htm

Originally posted by PeterNZer:

Damn

Are you serious? I just posted practically the same thing so I couldn't tell if that was a quote from me - anyway, I started work on a map of the area Hoogerheide-Woensdrecht-Koretevan and have already posted an operation re: Walcheren Causeway which may very well be unplayable in its final form...which actions were you looking at? I have a bit of info on Kampfgruppe Chill I could pass on if you need it...

Oh Joe, Rob always shows up posts and goes away. Seems like we are getting a tradition here. Mind you not one like Festivus as Michael mentioned.

------------------

If frogs had uzi's, snakes woudn't mess with them so much. - Hiram

I guess I should check in, yet another move, at least it shortens the commute, although how can you call Torranna north I have no idea. Although putting the pool there is a good idea, since Toronto is the suckhole of Canada, and all the thrash ends up there eventually. Why, I noticed that the idiot treehugger managed to come in second in the last mayoral election, after we ran him out of Edmonton on a rail. His bright idea when on city council here was to give everyone skates to get to work in the winter.

And barblow, just what is your problem with bagotville, anyway?

Welcome to Canada

(Bienvenue au Canada)

As a member of the Canadian nation...

(Comme un membre de la nation canadienne)

I would like to welcome everyone to our...

(J'aimerais à l'accueil tout le monde à notre)

Contribution to the Cesspool.

(La contribution au Cesspool.)

There are a few rules special to posting...

(Il y a quelques-uns gouvernent spécial à poster)

In Canada, such as,

(Dans le Canada, tel que,)

Touques must be worn at all times when posting...

(Touques doit être porté à tout instant en postant,)

Please post in both English and French, for...

(S'il vous plaît la poste dans anglais et français, à)

The benefit of our Quebequios minority,

(Le profit de notre minorité de Quebequios,)

Any insult resulting in severe emotional damage...

(N'importe quelle insulte qui résulte dans les dommages émotifs sévères)

Will be met with severe reactions by the CBC...

(Sera retrouvé des réactions sévères par le CBC)

If Candian content is less than 43%,

(Si le contenu de Candian est moins de 43%,)

And

(et)

Never EVER insult Canadian Beer.

(Ne jamais JAMAIS insulter la Bière canadienne.)

(Pardon my French, it's very weak)

((Pardonner mes français, il est très faible))

Major Tom

(Tom majeur)

[ce message a été édité par Tom Majeur (édité 01-30-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Major Tom (edited 01-30-2001).]

Originally posted by Roborat:

And barblow, just what is your problem with bagotville, anyway?

Ohhhh, Bagotville. I thought you said somethin' else wink.gif

...at least it shortens the commute, although how can you call Torranna north I have no idea. Although putting the pool there is a good idea, since Toronto is the suckhole of Canada.

This land is your land,

This land is my land,

From Bona Vista,

To Vancouver Island,

This land is your land,

This land is my land,

This land was paid for YOU by ME!!!!

------------------

When it's my turn to march up to Glory,

I'm gonna have one HELL of a story...

[This message has been edited by Forever Babra (edited 01-30-2001).]

Originally posted by Major Tom:

Never EVER insult Canadian Beer.

(Ne jamais JAMAIS insulter la Bière canadienne.)

Major Tom

(Tom majeur)

Canadian beer is really pitiful ****.

(La bière canadienne est vraiment le merde pitoyable)

It's the only thing that tops Meeks' anal warts for sheer concentrated nasty.

(C'est la seule chose qui est plus mauvaise que les verrues anales de Meeks pour méchant concentré fin.)

Now run along to Nunavuk and play with the caribou, you truffle pig.

(Allez maintenant à Nunavuk et à jeu avec les caribou, èspece de cochon.)

Bugger off now please.

(A tout a l'heure, et merci pour visiter Canada!)

Rusty French corrected.

(Le francais rusty a correcté, or whatever the hell)

------------------

Soy super bien soy super super bien soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super

[This message has been edited by Chupacabra (edited 01-30-2001).]

OpLiz Update

I was planning to send out scouts for Speedy Elvis and Hiram (we have given up all hope on Marlow) but I got a file from Speedy today.

It seems he "forgot" to send me a movie of him losing 3 King Tigers in one turn!!! So there is still some hope of me laughing last in at least three of these games. The contest with Shaw is looking grim, however, and a surrender may be immenent if those really are rockets I hear coming in.

Hem, time to resurrect the National Anthem, which first appearred in the Original Peng Challenge Thread.

Oh, Canada

O land filled with Canadians

if the French had won

you might be called Acadians

O Canada

We doff our touque for thee.

Well, Babra, don't stand there shivering and gaping, get everyone a beer. I'm partial to Blues in the bottle, not because it's Canada's best beer, but it's what we always drank up at Lake of the Woods, and it just seemed right for fishing.

Bloody Canadians are quick lads, Madmatt locked the old hole up while I was driving home from work, must have just missed him.

Morse, start posting, Canada is a loyal ally of the Peng Challenge Thread, Babra was an early poster there (before he took a brief leave), and most of what's left of the cess will quickly freeze here, and make for a very nice skating rink. I say we try some Peng Challenge Thread curling, using Bauhaus for the stone.

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues

Well, I've checked out all the newer pictures. Shandorf, you do realize that Tommy Chong looks less whacked than you do, don't you?

And I thought Tip O'Neill was dead, so who's the git with the snowy locks? I've got a liberal lawyer friend who lives in DC. Maybe I can get her and her husband to hunt the Lawyer down and mess him around. Pity she's a Quaker, she usually stops short of actual violence. Maybe they can at least play mind games with him.

------------------

Tremble, tyrants and you perfidious opprobrium of all the parties,

Tremblez! your parricidal projects finally will receive their prices!

But these sanguinary despots, But these accomplices of Berli,

All these tigers which, without pity, Bauhaus the centre of their mother!

We will enter the career When our elder is not there any more,

We will find there their dust And the trace of their virtues