My Sharpshooters are consistently scoring 2 casualties per shot???

I just got home an hour ago from the family nw years deal. All ready got a buzz, so the parties tonight are out.

Anyways a friend and I just started a TCP/IP game and I the Germans have a company of regular 44 infantry and 6 Shrecks and 2 Sharpshooters and 3 tanks. My friend is new to CM so we auto generated a map(basically created a new mission) and I let him have 700 points more to pick what ever he wanted.

The strange thing is I have set up 2 vet Sharpshooters and a regular MG42 on the top floor of a church. I can hear the sharpshooter firing and scoring casualties. I check the sharpshooters stats for casualties, and they both have 4 casualties with only 2 shots fired. How can 1 bullet take out 2 men. I thought well maybe it is possible. So i let another turn go by and again both sharpshooters fired one shot and scored 2 casualties.

So here is the tally

6 shots between 2 vet german sharpshooters scores 12 casualties. So I stopped the game to come and post this. Could this be a TCP/IP BUG or just extremely well markmanship???

I experienced something similiar earlier in a tcp/ip game as the Americans vs the Germans. I was pissed off about it because a German sniper killed the two men in a 155 mm FO in one shot.

------------------

There was a long silence of rememberance for the dead, to which I added these names:

Ernst Neubach, Lensen, Wiener, Wesreidau, Prinz, Solma, Hoth, Olensheim, Sperlovski, Smellens, Dunde, Kellerman, Freivitch, Ballers, Frosch, Woortenbeck, Siemenlies...

I refuse to add Paula to that list, and I shall never forget the names of Hals, or Lindberg, or Pferham, or Wollers. Their memory lves within me.

There is another man, whom I must forget. He was called Guy Sajer.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I check the sharpshooters stats for casualties, and they both have 4 casualties with only 2 shots fired. How can 1 bullet take out 2 men.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not one bullet, but one bursts of fire from the sharpshooters rifle. Just like riflemen don't carry 40 bullets, but 40 bursts of their weapons. Two guys per bursts is about par for the course with Vet sharpshooters.

------------------

Frag Hanoi Jane

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kingfish:

It's not one bullet, but one bursts of fire from the sharpshooters rifle. Just like riflemen don't carry 40 bullets, but 40 bursts of their weapons. Two guys per bursts is about par for the course with Vet sharpshooters.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I did know that about squads, but sharpshooters. No disrespect but if this is true how come when a squad fires you her several rounds being fired and per shot for sharpshooters you only here one round being fired.

Also I read a post of a sharpshooter not firing under 100 meters to show the unseen aspect of a sharpshooter. What the thread said was the sharpshooter will not engage a target under 100 neters to prevent giving his position up. If this is true a sharpshooter is not going to fire burst. This would also give away a position.

Now you guys will probably say "You only here one shot from sharpshooters so you know that it is the sharpshooter who is firing"

Guest Rex_Bellator

I can think of at least one very famous example of a sniper who apparently fired more than one bullet per shot. That well known ballistics expert K Costner waffles on endlessly about it at the end of JFK.

I'm sure this will help your discussion no end. rolleyes.gif

------------------

"We're not here to take it - We're here to give it"

General Morshead's response to the popular newspaper headline "Tobruk Can Take It"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Forever Babra:

Back... and to the left. Back... and to the left. biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I've seen the movie, but if shots like that are even possible, how could it be possible to do consistently.

It's curious to me that the sharpshooter has 10 rounds...unless you edit the unit to 15. With every report of the rifle, one round is expended. It leads me to believe that one crack of the rifle equals one bullet spent. My sharpshooters never hit anything...even elite ones. You're lucky. John

Yes Jarmo and others are correct, a round of fire does not mean one bullet it's a distillation of an occurance of aimed fire against a target, and thus two casualties does not necessarily mean both guys hit with the same shot. Also FOW will ensure that the kill statistics are not necessarily acurate.

Finally the wav being used which happens to be the sound of one shot being fired does not eman just one shot is fired. This kind of stuff is explained in the manual, similar to the fact that a graphical representation fo a tree does not mean that the tree is actaully in that EXACT spot on the map.

Los