panzerfaust

Hi,

The sqaud fire the faust when they feel like there is a good chance of a hit and when they are not suppresed in anyway. But also notice what Faust they have. If it's the panzerfaust 30, you have to be within 30m of the target and there is the 60 and 100. Both mean 60m and 100m within the target. But if the sqaud is supressed in any way (cautious, alerted, pinned) they won't fire the faust most of the time.

Hope it helps.

You can increase your chances by increasing the experience of your troops. Veterans are much more likely to use a faust then regulars.

Cracks or Elites use fausts very, VERY accurately at medium ranges.

You can see what sort of faust you have by selecting an infantry unit that has fausts and clicking enter. Amongst other statistics, you will see the faust type, near the top of the windown which opens up.

For regulars, a good rule of thumb is to expect them to be used at half of the stated range, if the shooter is unsuppressed. For when you are planning ambushes or trying to create wider areas of AT coverage, this is a decent way to plan things. The chances of them being used in the farther half of their maximum range is low.

This makes the F-30 a close attack weapon only, which in my experience is how it is used. Meaning, shooter on the same terrain tile as the target. The F-60 will be shot at adjacent terrain tiles and the F-100 up to 2 tiles away. Anything beyond that is not to be counted on.

A platoon leader's ambush marker, with the shooter in command, may also help. At least, I've seen reliable shots from hidding that way. Once unhidden and under fire, the best thing you can do is have more than one faust equipped squad, so they don't all take fire and you have multiple chances. In addition, squads with 2 fausts seem more likely to shoot off the first one, than squads with only one.

I hope this helps.

Reasons that I like Americans:

Nice infantry fire power.

Big & fast arriving arty that kills.

Got gum, Joe? (to plagerize CMPlayer)

Reasons that I like Germans:

Nice infantry with SMG & Pzfsts (to plagerize HistoryBuff).

120 mm mortars (also, big & fast arriving).

Some tanks/TDs that may bounce a shot.

Reasons that I like Brits & pals:

2 inch mortars.

Fireflys.

Ok arty.

Cheers, Richard smile.giftongue.gif