CMMOS problem

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Boris Balaban:

Has any body who loaded CMMOS V3.0 had problems?

I get an " Took exception while attempting to read CMBOPath from Registry".

May be my CMBO is not in the right place? It's in the Program Files directory.<hr></blockquote>

Didn't you just post about DFDR? The problem is that you have two copies of CMBO on your hard drive, and your system is taking DFDR as the priority one....there is a fix, if this is the case.

CMMOS TROUBLESHOOTING TIP - for those who have downloaded DFDR or multiple copies of CM:BO

If CMMOS will not work, and you have downloaded the DFDR or other mods, or installed CMBO in multiple places on the hard drive, do the following:

Click "Start" -> Run.

In the "Open" combo-box, type "regedit" and click "OK".

Click the "+" next to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE".

Click the "+" next to "Software".

Click the "+" next to "Microsoft".

Click the "+" next to "Windows".

Click the "+" next to "CurrentVersion".

Click the "+" next to "App Paths".

Click on "Combat Mission.exe".

In the right panel there should be 2 rows, one with "(Default)" in the "Name" column and one with "Path".

Look under the "Data" column of the "Path" row.  This is the folder that CMMOS expects CM:BO to be installed. It needs this to find the BMP folder.  If not the correct directory (presumably not), right click on "Path" and select "Modify".  Change the edit box to be the correct path and click "OK".

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

CMMOS TROUBLESHOOTING TIP - for those who have downloaded DFDR or multiple copies of CM:BO

If CMMOS will not work, and you have downloaded the DFDR or other mods, or installed CMBO in multiple places on the hard drive, do the following:

Click "Start" -> Run.

In the "Open" combo-box, type "regedit" and click "OK".

Click the "+" next to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE".

Click the "+" next to "Software".

Click the "+" next to "Microsoft".

Click the "+" next to "Windows".

Click the "+" next to "CurrentVersion".

Click the "+" next to "App Paths".

Click on "Combat Mission.exe".

In the right panel there should be 2 rows, one with "(Default)" in the "Name" column and one with "Path".

Look under the "Data" column of the "Path" row.  This is the folder that CMMOS expects CM:BO to be installed. It needs this to find the BMP folder.  If not the correct directory (presumably not), right click on "Path" and select "Modify".  Change the edit box to be the correct path and click "OK".<hr></blockquote>

Crikey! Who knew you were a grog AND a freaking hacker!?!? That's impressive!

Boris,

It looks like you did everything correctly except you might have entered the wrong values.

Assuming one has followed the instructions in opening "regedit" and opening all the folders so that you are in the "Combat Mission.exe" folder, you should see to entries under the "Name" column.

The first row "(Default)" should have the full path and EXE of CM:BO. For a default installation it would be "C:\Program Files\CMBO\Combat Mission.exe".

The second row "Path" should just have the path portion of the above (e.g. "C:\Program Files\CMBO").

The next release of CMMOS will prompt the user to specify the location of the CM:BO install that they want to use CMMOS with if it can't find it in the Registry, and will "remember" it for future invocations.

Once CM:BB comes out I'll figure out how to handle using CMMOS with multiple installations simmultaneously.

Gordon

[ 12-21-2001: Message edited by: Gordon ]</p>

A public Thank you to Gordon...I had a bit of trouble with the scout car files (I had partically everyone BUT the right one). Gordon very patiently walked me through to resolution. I have encouraged my PBEM pals to use CMMOS and can recommend it to any CM'er. Now where the heck did the CMHQ link go???