'CLIPBOARD' orders menu mod now READY!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

I'm a real French, never heard about Estraux but here there's a lot of tiny villages...

Could it be Evreux?

Wrong name and wrong place might be the way to go with Pete...

biggrin.gif

------------------

You are not Obsessive-CMpulsive, you are Allied-Retentive.

Mark IV

yay! nice updates deanco...thanks for hosting my maze scenario...i love seeing my name in the news and scenario sections!

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Guest Michael emrys

Looks nice and I think I want it. But one question: Is this going to work on my Mac or is this another of those PC-only dingles?

Michael

Wow! Must get it asap.

I suggest BTS should take serious considerations in licensing your mod as their future standard UI. I am serious.

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

[This message has been edited by GriffinCheng+ (edited 02-22-2001).]

Hey hey, I started using this. Deanco, me hats off to ya, (well helmut anyway). This is outstanding my good man. It totally changes the flavor of the on screen commands. The originals were okay, but "looked" like a game interface would be expected to look I guess. Never really thought about it much till now. But the clipboard idea was great. Outstanding effect.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

I'm using the gun metal interface too.

It's great.

The new clip board orders menu really adds a nice touch to it.

More praise for deanco.

------------------

The counter-revolution,

people smilling through their tears.

Who can give them back their lives, and all those wasted years.

Deanco, count me in the praise crowd.

Extraordinary doesn't say enough. It goes well with DD terrain, winter terrain, everything. Very good color, and the text is superb.

Thanks for improving the game once again.

[This message has been edited by kump (edited 02-25-2001).]

OK Y'all... from the bottom of my heart, thanks. I certainly wasn't expecting this, Y'all are really too kind. I wasn't that convincd myself...

Can I just say that the tank and terrain modders that have checked in here are the REAL mod artists. These folks...well, it just boggles the mind. How they are able to look at those flat bmp's and envision what their work is gonna look like in the game is just beyond me. Me, I'm just a guy who one day thought that the C&C indicator was too dim, and happened to have a copy of Photoshop.

Having said that, I'm gonna finish with my 'raison d'etre' here. Combat Mission is a great game, a classic, an earthshaker. And as such, it deserves the best of everything. The best graphics, the best tank models, the best interface, the best terrain... from the intro movie to the final screen, CM deserves the best of everything, because it's a great game. That's my profound belief. So if I can do my part here to help give it the best of everything, then everything is cool.

If anyone is interested I have expanded on my original Designer's Notes on the CLIPBOARD page. It's a little bit like "Clipboard - The Making Of" as I try to explain about the design issues I faced making this mod. It's there if you want to read it.

Finally...I have more surprises in store! Stay tuned!

------------------

DeanCo--

CM interface mods: http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

so many games...so little time

Guest Space Thing

Great work Dean. You really add a lot to CM with your mods. I especially like the gun metal mod.

AND yet, I have to say that I prefer the menu as it is. I find it easier to read than the clipboard version.

Thanks for all of the hard work. I'm keeping an eye out for your next artistic expression.

Dean, you're talking about making the menu less intrusive, can't you make it just the orders, no background at all (That pink see-through color for the background would make it transparent, right?)

------------------

Fionn has his rule of 76, I have mine. Mine is much simpler, I get to buy whatever I want ... you get 76 points.

-Joe Shaw

Thx Deanco, great job. Your clipboard fits just perfect into the game.

After all those beautiful mods for tanks and terrain I more and more thought of the original one as a bit out of date...

Thx to all the mod artists, CM is STILL getting better and better.

------------------

Klotzen, nicht kleckern!

Space Thing,

You're absolutely right. The readability was a tradeoff thing. By making it more unified I lost some of the readability, and I'm well aware of that. I have a nice Ariel however I think back here in the back room...cough cough...yep, here it is. Readable as all get out. I could run you off a copy I guess, or put it up on the site if there's a real demand for it.

Elijah, I tried that. That woulda been so cool to have the letters just floating there. It didn't work though, or maybe I didn't do it right. The menu IS slightly transparent in the game and that's what made me think it could happen. But no, alas.

------------------

DeanCo--

CM interface mods: http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

so many games...so little time